December 22, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lips - Bonne Bell - Lipsmacker

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are so much fun, and remind me of my childhood in the late 70s/ early 80s. My favorites are the ones that leave a hint of pink or reddish color, which would be strawberry, strawberry banana, Dr Pepper, watermelon, or cherry. I also like the ones with SPF 24.

Lipsmackers.com has a huge selection, including vintage flavors like pina colada and sour grapes. Unfortunately, shipping is $10, which is way too much. My local Big Y has a small selection, and Target has more, including the "biggy" ones. Still waiting for a coupon code from the website so I can get the fun flavors that are hard to find in stores. Overall, I love the feel of these and the flavors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So nostalgic - the many scents/flavors and cute tubes of Bonne Bell lipsmacker that we played with in 4th & 5th grade. So old-school. Not the greatest formula though - waxy and plasticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the LipSmacker formula! Glossy, moist, a bit shiny (piled on), & OH SO moisturizing! No other lip balm moisturizes my dry lips like LipSmacker.
I'm not a fan of all the flavors but I'm a universal fan of the formula.
Dr Pepper is my #1 favorite. I LOVE the scent, though it doesn't tint my lips red/pink/rosy at all the way many others have experienced. That was disappointing, as I would love a little tint, but this is still my favorite nonetheless.
Candy Cane Cheer is a nice soft vanilla-like peppermint that's a little cool & minty (though I'm not generally a fan of minty lip products, this smells nice & is helpful in hot weather). Very holidays-y.
Wild Raspberry is another flavor I've tried. The scent is very subtle & a bit tart. It's okay but nothing measures up to my HG Dr Pepper. I keep this one at work.
Cherry Coca Cola is not a flavor I liked at all. For me this is a scent that requires tolerance exertion & leaves me a bit nauseated. It's just too odd.
Strawberry is another flavor I would like to try next (yeah believe it or not I haven't tried this standard popular flavor yet).... there are so many flavors to sample!
It has a decent drugstore price (about $2 apiece, though can cost less per item in bundled packages).
Whatever flavor I choose to use, nothing beats the moistness.
I'm happy this doesn't contain any SPF b/c that's a drying ingredient. In the sun I'll just have to use Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15 lip balm or apply sunscreen to my lips before applying LipSmacker. No biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by shannlcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm addicted to these wonderful little things. I carry one in my pocket everywhere I go, and if I have no pockets, it's in my purse....and I've even be so desperate to have it with me that if I had no pockets and no purse, I put it in my bra! Now that is saying something!

I've been wearing these Lipsmacker chapsticks since I was a kid, and now I'm 26 and I've never found a better product. They glide on, taste good, and just make me happy. I don't really wear lipstick, so these are my HG lip product.

Stay away from the weird shades though, anything blue, green, white, etc, will turn your lips a funky color if applied often enough and boy does it look strange! I wear these in shades of pink and red. My mom buys packages and saves them up for my Christmas stocking every year...keeping the funky colors for herself. =) OH, last but not least, if you happen to carry one of these in your pockets, don't forget to remove it before washing and drying! In 10 years plus I've managed to dry two of them, and trust me, it melts and stains every piece of clothing in the dryer. It was tragic.

I LOVE LIPSMACKER!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i grabbed the Vanilla one on a whim the other day. it was $1.65 at my pharmacy. the smell isn't yummy(lippie off). just a slight whiff of synthetic vanilla, and i don't really taste anything when i put it on my lips (another lippie off). its a bit waxy which doesnt bother me, and its not sticky which is a plus. it's great on the go so i will probobly try the cotton candy one in the near future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

I have recently "rediscovered" LipSmackers since my abandonment when I was probably eight- or nine-years-old. And yes, I still love them! And honestly, I wish I never strayed because the rest of the balms that are not medicated with menthol, phenol, and camphor (like Blistex Medicated and Carmex) do jack squat for my lips. But still, LipSmackers can be hit and miss because the shimmery ones WILL dry out your lips. Use the original flavours and you will have nice soft lips! And an awesome fix of nostalgia to boot (I remember my chain of LipSmackers around my neck and prancing about at school with all the other girls doing the same)!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by prettylove

the smell is good. It does moisturize ur lip.But i bought grape flavour which has purple colour and makes my lips too pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

This is a review for the Holiday Collection Bonne Bell Lipsmackers. These specific smackers come in a set of four. The flavors are Holiday Punch, Sugar Plum Frost, Jolly Jelly and Sugared Berries. The packaging is really cute. Dark purple, Pink, Light Blue and Light Purple. The label has sparkly paper which catches your eye to buy in the first place. :) I really do like the flavor of all of these. My favorite is probably Holiday Punch, but they are all very delicious. They moisturize my lips, and I carry these everywhere I go. Very convient. I love lip smackers. They are a classic. I picked this holiday set up for 3 dollars. They are on sale at this time of year, and are a limited edition. Hurry and get yours now, before they're gone for good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I *love* lipsmackers! I've been using these for as long as I can remember, and probably will continue to use them until I'm an old lady. This is a classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by angelized

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's great. I love using the vanilla one.