October 25, 2014 | 1757 users online

Skincare - Face - Estee Lauder - Take It Away total make up remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by eversojenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, easily irritable, acne-prone skin. I have rebought this makeup remover multiple times. The fact that it's nearly $30 after tax and lasts for 3-4 months (with daily makeup use) is remarkable IMO.

I hate using more than one product for and it is the only single product that removes my regular makeup AND waterproof makeup. It is such a shame EL decided to discontinue this product- at least I have an extra bottle to use up as I test out and try new makeup removers.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As someone with acne prone skin, the residue this stuff leaves is my biggest concern. It's like a mixture or residual product and the days makeup that won;t come off. Ew. This just seems to spread the makeup around.

Pros:
- Did not irritate my skin

Cons:
- Strong fragrance
- Leaves residue
- Does not effectively remove my foundation
- Does not effectively remove eye makeup
- Each use requires a lot of product'
- It's expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by mugetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After starting to use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, I've decided to spend my money to the same brand to get a makeup remover. I've get this item with a miracle expectation. It works well with my face makeup but with waterproof eye makeup ( 2 layers of waterproof eyeliner, 2 layers of waterproof mascara and black eye pencil) ? I don't think so... It takes a lot of product to clean my whole face. Like, at least 3 pumps for my face and 3 additional pumps for my eyes. Also to rinse this product from my eyes was a nightmare, all my fingers coloured black. I needed to use an additional makeup remover towel. Definitely will not buy again.. Let's try to find out another miracle...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by angerawrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this make up remover! I am Asian with super sensitive, combination and acne-prone skin and I got this with the old design (it was navy blue with gold color wording) sometime last year and I just purchased a new bottle with the current design! If I am not wrong, the old one was called Take It Away Gentle Cleansing Milk.

It takes off my makeup completely if you exclude eye makeup (since I do that before hand) so it is actually very comfortable to put on the face. The scent was milky (the new one has a different scent though) and it was really greasy the first time I used it but later on, I got used to it being greasy because it's supposed to be greasy because it's a cleansing lotion/milk.

I finished my first bottle about a week ago and I freaked out! My face immediately looked worst when I stopped using the cleansing milk.

Definitely a repurchase! x

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lipstickandchocolate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst makeup remover ever. Instead of calling it total makeup remover, call it total makeup smear-fest. Meaning it melted my eye makeup and just smeared it into my pores all around my eyes, onto my hands and turned into a sticky, greasy film which proved difficult to remove even with face wash. Did I get a bad tube? It smelled lovely and perfumey but it performed horribly. I prefer Bi-Facil.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenrae24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first purchased this product I was not impressed. It takes a lot of it to take off my EL DW and my eye makeup. I had to use another makeup remover and water to finish the job of removing all my makeup. The other thing is it says that its for sensitive skin, well it caused my eyes to puff up and have a bad reaction to the product. I've had this happen before with Olay's makeup remover wipes. So overall I do not enjoy this product and feel that it was a waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

Okay, first off know that it stinks. I do not like this "fresh" scent. However it really works. No more beige cotton ball after toner. I wear Double Wear foundation and other removers were not taking it off. I use this and then wipe off with an exfoliating pad before washing my face. Most importantly, it does not irritate my sensitive skin in the least - no redness at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great makeup remover, my favorite! It removes everything! A must before cleansing! I can't believe how well it works but it's amazing! Really gives me assurance that all makeup is removed for good cleansing to follow! It is expensive but it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No comment on price just yet since I'm still on the (VERY generous) sample of it, but I'm liking it a lot so far.

Smells fresh, takes off the foundation easily. Feels nice on the skin, too, and not all cloggy like Ponds Cold Cream (hello breakouts). Down side, it takes a significant amount of product to remove makeup. However, rinses off nicely. There is definitely a bit of grease/oil left over from it, but I always cleanse afterward, so I don't really care. Best of all does not leave my face red, irritated, or generally grouchy, which most products do... that alone is worth a lot.

Out of interest's sake, I tried using this to take off Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua after sampling it, which is water based. That provided some amusing results. Definitely not for use with water based makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I don't understand all the negative reviews. This is an amazing makeup remover!
My typical makeup removing routine: 90% of the time, I prefer to use makeup removing wipes. There are some oil-based and liquid removers I like, but I don't like having to always remember to stock up on cotton pads. Wipes do the job for me with fewer steps. I shower at night, and every now and then I'll forget to take off my makeup before I hop in. I keep this on a shelf so I see it as soon as I'm in and remember to take it off before cleansing my face. The only reason I don't use this every single day is because it's a little pricey and because I'll oftentimes be finished "needing" my makeup several hours before I shower, and I don't like to have makeup sitting on my skin any more than it needs to be. (And I hate washing my face in the sink...I always make a big, splashy mess!)
When I use this, I follow the directions: Massage into dry skin and rinse off. I squeeze out a good amount of product and gently rub it all over my face, even over my eyes, for 30 seconds to 1 minute. The product feels really nice -- it has a smooth, gel like consistency and a nice, light cucumber scent. Once I rinse, my skin feels so soft and supple, like I had just used a really moisturizing face wash. I can't stand makeup removers that leave your skin feeling greasy (coughcough Bi-Facil), so this stuff is great for me.
I used this today and I did a little test. I was wearing a good bit of makeup -- liquid foundation, setting powder, powder blush, bronzer and highlighter, eyelid and mascara primers, eyeshadow, mascara (I never use waterproof mascara), eyeliner and lipstick...phew! I used this, rinsed, and hopped out of the shower to check in the mirror to see how well this actually worked. Since I always cleanse after using this, I wanted to make sure THIS was taking it all off, not this combined with my cleanser. This took off EVERYTHING. There was not a single speck of mascara left on my lashes or piece of glitter left on my cheeks.
I notice a lot of people complaining that this doesn't work well, but they're using it with cotton pads. The directions on the packaging and the website say to rinse! I think that's a big thing that people are misunderstanding. Also, this is not a cleanser! You still need to wash your face after using this to make your face completely clean. It's a shame the ratings are so low because people don't use this product properly.
The price seems steep for a makeup remover, but this lasts forever. If you're prone to irritation from makeup removers or you just don't like the greasy feeling so many leave behind, definitely check out this product.