November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Blush - La Femme - Glow-On Rouge-Golden Dew Amber

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Demorte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best blush I have, my go to everyday colour. Does not have the best staying power but always get so many compliments when I wear this. Great for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the strangest product I've bought in a long time. The package looks like the cheap makeup they use to have at Woolworths back in the 70"s-you know the kind your mom use to let you buy to play with because it was only $1?-Yet I love the whole retro thing! The smell is soooo old school I swear someone stuff noxema up my nose...yet I love it! The color...oh boy..looks like dried clay in the pan..I literally opened it and said eww. Then I tried it and fell in love! It has the most natural flush I've ever seen in a blush. No shimmer, doesn"t settle into fine lines and lasts all day.Looks like I took a brisk walk-completly natural. Dirt cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kopo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The blush has amazing quality in a crappy 70's package. It's huge with a mild old lady cosmetic scent which fade out quickly. I bought Golden Dew Amber & Peach Nectar & love both. I normally go for my GA, Illamasqua, Shu Uemura & Kesalan Patheran powder blushes only and this baby is qualify to join my favourite blush collection. But the case is really difficult to open & just depot it into my Z palette. Problem solved.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

Ugly package but great product inside. Best blush ever! Gives a healthy glow and good face effect. I also own Nectar Peach which is also great, but I prefer this one.
Buy!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by stellina

This is the famous pro makeup artists' secret & I can see why - this slightly peachy brown shade would flatter almost anyone. For light skin tones, it would even be a good bronzer or contour. It's so subtle that it's almost a misnomer to call it rouge, but it gives that healthy glowing look that we all want without all the shimmer & glitter of the popular newer stuff - in fact, it's completely matte. The package is indeed old-fashioned and bulky but I kind of like it in a nostalgic way; however, the brush isn't much good at all.

It's too bad La Femme isn't readily available to most of us, since they offer so many wonderful products at rock-bottom prices. I'm waiting for the day when they set up their own internet business since none of the sites that sell it offer the complete selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

This is a pretty blush that gives a gorgeous healthy flush. The color is a true peach and the texture is nice. For some reason, even after reading the reviews, I didn't expect the compact to be so humongous. I rarely travel with makeup so it's not a huge problem for me, but still, packaging that large is unnecessary. I want to warn dark skinned ladies (I'm NC44 for reference) not to pile it on because it can end up looking ashy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by heyhermano

This is a very nice, high-quality blush, and if the color weren't so muddy on my light golden olive skin, it would certainly get a better rating. It probably works better on cooler skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by soybean182

I purchased my La Femme glow-on rouge for just under $6 from a local beauty supply shop. I have been searching for a blush that would give a natural glow, and I definitely found that here.

If I could change anything, it would three things: First, packaging. It definitely gives me an 80's flashback and it is so bulky that it is not convenient to carry around. Second, I wish they offered it without the mirror and brush. And last, but most important, it would be so much better if it were unscented. Although for six bucks, this was a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

As others have mentioned, this is a staple in makeup artists' kits. I got it based on the raves I've read and I'm glad I did.

In the pan, GDA looks like a neutral-toned pale rosey-beige blush. On my cheeks, it gives me a rosy, healthy flush. For reference, I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones, MAC NC 25 to 30. I'm thrilled that it's a matte blush - I'm so tired of shimmery and sparkly blushes that make me look like a disco ball. It's pigmented enough. In terms of texture, I find it silky.

I purchased Golden Dew Amber from makeupmania.com for $4.75. It's excellent quality for the price. The packaging is bulky but I can easily overlook this. It comes with a brush that really is quite useless - I tossed it and am using a different blush brush. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a dense but very naturally pigmented golden amber shade that is very flattering on all skintones. I like the horizontal shape of the blush even though the packaging is huge and space-occupying in my drawer. Great summer or fall color and excellent lasting power. Can wear it sheerer or with more coverage--it's buildable. I'm acne-prone and have had no breakouts, despite the faint scent.

UPDATE: I bought a newer version this year (2010) and both the color and packaging are different. The color is far less brown but still a very wearable not-orangey peach that goes well with a variety of looks. The compact is round like Cover Girl's and black with a mirror. It's more highly pigmented than I remember and I only use Flirt's skunk brush for application. It does stay on all day and still doesn't break me out.