April 18, 2014 | 1156 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Breathless

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kristamb

I loved this fragrance for a minute....then I was left wondering why i bought it! I hate when I cave to buying any VS perfume, because my experience with them is that they don't last, and shame on VS because their perfumes are SO expensive for scents that don't hang around. Anyhow....this perfume is a light, powdery scent to me. It seems to be in the same class as Cashmere Mist. I just got tired of the scent. And, by the way, a much cheaper and virtually identical version of Breathless is Avon's Exotic Beaches!!! If you really like this scent, try Avon's dupe for way cheaper!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by bubblygirl

When this first came out, I really loved it. To me it smelled clean, fresh and soapy (similar to what people told me Glow by JLo smelled like). But then it got discontinued and I was only able to buy small sample bottles during the semi-annual sales (on the rare occasion they brought it back).

Recently I opened up my last sample bottle of this and was horrified. It's all chemically and not at all the soapy, fresh smell I remember. I kept the bottle in the fridge away from direct light, so it isn't a matter of the perfume going bad. I think my nose has just changed; I still like fresh and light scents. But this is too artificial-smelling now for me. Wouldn't rebuy (not that I could, since it is discontinued).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Seen this fragrance on here among other sites and with so many fabulous reviews and found this pretty cheap on eBay I thought I'd throw caution along with a few $$ to the wind. It's OK. It doesn't last very long unless you spray it on clothing. It's like a watered down version of the original JLo Glow. Glow was a fragrance staple of mine when it first came out, which at that time the "clean" perfume smell was still pretty unique. After years of not wearing it I came back to it and found though I stilled liked it, it seemed so very strong. So if you are looking for something similar but a little less intrusive, this would be the way to go. I don't hate it by any means. And I'd probably repurchase again since I was able to get it so inexpensively, but honestly I don't see myself going through this bottle in lightening speed. Great fragrance for summer/beach. Light and clean; maybe a little too much so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This is one of my favorite scents I buy it every year for the semi annual sale. Its one of those perfumes that you love so much that you stock up and don't wanna use it cause you fear it'll be discontinued. It has a very crisp clean floral scent, very light. Its originally $45 and now on clearance for 50% off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

One of the only scents I've ever sniffed that left me with the feeling of not smelling...anything at all. There's a vague woodsy perfume dancing around the edges, but there's absolutely nothing in the middle except for a plasticky, cheap note. Strange. I normally steer clear of Victoria's Secret's perfumes--I got this free from my mom, who didn't like it either--and this confirmed why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by joanieisverynice

it is warm, fresh, and sweet. it smells like cuddling with the one you love on a cool rainy night, saying "I love you" for the first time, wearing your favorite comfy sweater and feeling beautiful, finding a newborn kitten hidden in your garden, walking barefoot in a white linen dress, hearing cricket chirps, sipping green tea as the sun comes up.
I try to use it sparingly because it is my favorite perfume. it is what I would hope my life would smell like if it was made into a scent, and best of all it was only $6 at a clearance sale at victoria's secret. score
EDIT: every time I wear this, I get someone saying, "Wow, you smell good," or "You smell so fresh, what are you wearing?" I think this is one of those wonderful scents that smells sort of androgynous, so it's not all girly and chokingly sweet. it just smells pure, fresh, and clean

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sure is the ultimate clean-straight from the shower-scent for an amazingly good price (75ml for not more than $45) !! Smells like an classical soap with natural citrus-oils and lots of magical linden (lime-blossom). Clean Clean Clean. The most perfect soapy clean scent i've tried. Fresh as early green summer. Clean like the waters of north. A summer-maiden in a white cotton-dress. Pure natural blonde beauty. Like the cleanest linen and cotton-laundry drying in the summer-winds. Very long-lasting too. This was given to me as a gift, i would never had bought it as my experiences with Victoria's Secret-line hasn't been the best (fruity teen-scents). This is like nothing else in their line - and for all ages!! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

What a pleasant floral fragrance I love it I smell notes of honey in it Im sad I didnt find it until now

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This perfume is a God-send. I am seriously in love with this. Long lasting and smells amazing. A bit pricey. I am glad that VS decided to bring it back after they discontinued it, but I wish they would display it regularly instead of a couple of times a year. Besides Glow by JLo this is my absolute favorite perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

I got this in a gift set--just a mini. I do NOT, absolutely do NOT get anything 'soapy' from this...or creme. Or powder. Which is surprising because most people mention those notes. I get florals and musk--and ok, I guess 'beachy'...I can get that. I'm more into gourmand and clean fragrances which is why I said I would not purchase again (and also because it's discontinued). I find this to be a very sexy fragrance--like I can't imagine it smelling appropriate on someone under 21. Something about it smells 'mature' . Reminds me a teeny tiny bit of Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess. Anyways, what I do like about it is that it is unique smelling (to me at least) so it's a good choice if you want to smell sophisticated and sexy without smelling like everyone else out there. It just doesn't excite me for some reason, but I like to keep it around as it breaks up the monotany of my other fragrances...but that's it.