April 20, 2014 | 1525 users online

Scrubs - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Perfumed Hot Salt Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by armygirl

Despite my love for Philosophy products, I am not a huge fan of this salt scrub. The only thing going for it, in my opinion, is that it smells great, as all Amazing Grace scented products do.

I've found that you need to use a whole lot of this scrub to get the job done, which is terrible considering the price of it; therefore, I use it very sparingly, which I don't mind, because it's rough and doesn't really exfoliate my skin as well as other, smoother scrubs. Would definitely not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Tringo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It leaves my skin smooth and non-greasy. I have tried many scrubs, and this one is a keeper. It does what it's supposed to do - exfoliates, and leaves skin feeling refreshed, soft and clean. This product is the gift that keeps on giving because even after I get out of the shower, the light, floral, heavenly scent stays on me all day. It isn't overpowering, and sometimes I use this in place of applying an actual EDT or EDP scent. A definite must have bath/shower essential!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Philosophy Amazing Grace Perfumed Hot Salt Scrub ($25 usd and 23 oz.) is light pink fresh floral smelling scrub. It smells exactly like the regular Amazing Grace products. This body scrub contains a huge product of 23 oz vs. 14 oz of a standard one which means for $25 usd, you would get more for your money. The term hot salt scrub is little misleading because it does not becomes hot or warm upon applying and rubbing on a body. And the container comes with a screw lid which can be difficult to use, I rather prefer a squeeze tube. On the other hand, Amazing Grace body scrub does works! It polishes and smooths my skin after the application. The size of the perfumed salts are semi small containing a smooth surface that prevents tuck and pull and the salt themselves do not melt in the container. I recommend Philosophy Amazing Hot Salt Scrub to anyone with any skin types and this scrub truly does keep your skin baby soft without an oily mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Hollyosophy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ooo, I love this. I have a collection of salt scrubs, some of which I made myself, and this is by far my favorite commercially made one. It says to use it dry, but that's too harsh for me, and if you do it while soaking wet, it isn't very effective. So, what I do is, I shower and wash, and have a towel handy, and I sort of pat off the excess water, and then I use it and rinse (I use this method for all salt scrubs). Perfect! It is glycerin based and leaves your skin feeling like the finest velvet.
I have Amazing Grace perfume, and I think it's just ok. Too many fruity notes for me. The scrub lacks those notes, so I like it *way* better than the actual perfume. I think it smells and feels divine, and the results are just beautiful. It is sort of expensive, so it is my special occasion scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this scrub, although it's not spot on to the perfume version of Amazing Grace. It's a nice big tub, with a nice big price, but this has lasted me quite awhile and I found that it lasted me quite awhile. Though I'm not a fan of scrubs in general *I prefer dry exfoliating with a glove* I received this as a gift and it's definitely a nice scrub that feels luxurious and makes your skin so smooth and baby soft. It's definitely much better then alot of cheaper scrubs I've tried in the past. This is definitely something to consider if you like to pamper yourself and enjoy scrubs with a beautiful scent and texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

Okay 23 ounces for 25 bucks! This is the cheapest scrub at Sephora if you look at it in terms of size. You cant even get a drugstore scrub for less, and the grains in this are nice and rough gritty salt. I love Philosophy scrubs because they are glycerine based so they are hydrating, but don't leave your shower slippery. This leaves your skin silky smooth and doesn't make you slip in the shower. I also love the fact that I'm not left with a greasy residue when I rinse the scrub off. This is also better for people with body acne. All and all, a great salt scrub that leaves me smelling nice, feeling clean and soft and is very easy on my wallet. This scrub has the signature Amazing Grace fragrance that I love! I'm not disappointed with this product one bit! I've repurchased it 4x already. The only downfall with this product is that you have to use very little at a time so that you don't lose the salt grains, as they are prone to falling off the skin before you get to rub it in thoroughly. My favorite way to use this is to use it while I'm in the tub. The wetness of your skin helps the salt scrub better adhere so that you have more time to rub it in before it flakes off. This is available at your local Philosophy counter, Sephora, or on philosophy.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by 13Villa12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful scrub. I have dry skin and this totally exfoliates it away
while leaving my skin soft and scented. I put moisturizer on right after i use
this. I generally use it once a week. Would like to use it more often, but it
can be pricey for my budget. My legs, heels, arms look so smooth when I
am through with this. Great for summer especially. Gave it a 4 because of
price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This (all philosophy salt scrubs, actually) are must-have, holy grail products for me. If I get out of the habit of using these, I can tell immediately because the texture of my skin is remarkably different (and not for the better). I have dry, sensitive skin. I either use the scrub before slipping into a bath, or in the shower where the water isn't hitting me. I massage the scrub (dry) into thicker skin like knees, elbows and heels. Then I allow a bit of water to hit me to give the scrub more slip and move onto the rest of my arms and legs where I do not necessarily need a super strong exfoliant. The formula has the right type and amount of oil, so I'm not fearful of slipping in the shower or leaving a mess behind. The scrub buffs away my dryness and leaves me with glowy, soft skin that lasts. AG specifically is wonderful because it is the same fragrance as the spray and 3-in-1...light, feminine, and not cloying in the least. This is an A++ product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Fid

This is a great body scrub. It didn't feel as warm on my skin as some warming scrubs do but I still like it a lot. The scent is pleasant and powdery. It does work better on dry skin, however I like to first massage it into dry skin and then moisten my hands and massage it into my skin again before I rinse it off. It makes a rich paste which seems a little less abrasive than using it on dry skin. I would suggest doing this if you have found the product to be too rough on your skin when used exactly as directed. It is not oily at all so it doesn't make your tub dangerously slick, which is definitly a good thing! The price seems reasonable for the amount you get - it is a rather large tub which lasts for quite a while. Also good for use in pedicures and on dry elbows. I would totally recommend this product. I feel like I have baby soft skin after using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE AG, but this is NOTHING like the AG scent you get in the perfume spray...Not even close...I will use the rest of the jar, but that will be it...just not impressed with it at all.