October 22, 2014 | 883 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Blanchir Whitening Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by silviasandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It breaks out my skin like hell. Would never use this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got mine at Kanebo's private sale so it was cheap.

CONS:
1) this product stinks so much that it gives me a headache for the first few minutes I put it on my face.
2) My skin does not absorb this well. It forms a layer on my skin no matter how much I massage my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Apparently, the Blanchir skincare line is meant for brightening, creating a more glowy radiant look for Asians. This line is also sold in Drugstores in Japan, because it's apparently the cheapest line across the Kanebo line. Enough on the introduction on the Blanchir line, now onto the product itself ! This toner is meant to use with cotton pad, and not using the patting motion (aka applying the product onto palm, and tap onto the skin). Upon application, I must say that it cools and soothes the skin to a certain degree. Skin feels very refreshed, without any residues of grease or emollient, very invigorating I must say. The package comes in a tinted glass bottle, which serves the function of,well, what a toner bottle is supposed to do I guess. I am however quite undecided whether I will repurchase this again. Well, yes I love the part that it instantly cools the skin without any discomfort of oils and emollients, however, it doesn't provide much moisture or treatment properties to the skin either. Would be a good toner during hot summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by bwkkhong

Overall feel: Does exactly what it's meant to do! Brightens, whitens (slightly) and makes the skin translucent!

Pros: This was the first Kanebo Blanchir product I tried, and loved it right from the get-go. I'm 2 bottles in, and time and time again, it still delivers what it promises. Makes my skin look brighter and more translucent. I was told by the SA to wipe down the facial skin, and then pat 100 times. I have been doing exactly that to beautiful results.

Cons: None.

Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the clearing one, im not sure if its the same product bc this ones whitening too.anyway this stuff is holy grail!! This stuff has cleared me up and evened out my complexion like no other. When i first tried it, i tried the sample size before shelling out the bucks for it but as soon as i was done with it, i ran and bought a full size :) after i wash my face, I saturate a cotton pad with it (shiseido), let it absorb into my skin, then rub my face with it like you would with a cleansing cloth. This was the only "toner lotion" out of 6 different ones ive tried that didnt leave me with that sticky feeling most of them do; instead, i was left with the softest, moisturized skin i havent had in a long time. Ive been using this stuff for about 2 months and i def see a change in my skin big time. My skin is not as oily, i never have those annoying flakies that foundation clings on to, and my skins glowing! ive been going through the bottle pretty fast but its so worth it to me. For reference, i have oily acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by behs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Method - I use it as "lotion mask" every day -> soak it in paper mask or cotton, leave it on your face for 15 minute.
Result - tighten pore and hydrating. No whitening effect for myself (have been using this for 4 years). To enhance or add on the whitening effect, I apply powercon before this lotion.
Price - worth to use it as mask (RM160 for 200ml can last me to use for 3 months). Not worth as toner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

Uh Oh... i really wanted to love this product, because i have been using the Milky conditioner from the same range - i was almost going to buy the whole line. But this one is not working out for me. Gave me clogged pores and bumps. I can usually tell if a product is going to work out for me after i apply it. If it feels cool and refreshing, its a go ahead. If it has a warm uncomfortable feeling (clinique all about eyes rich, body shop tea tree oil blemish night lotion), then its prolly so not going to be good for me. Back to my Beauticontrol HG toner (see my review).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by momoka

I've used this toner for about 2 weeks now and haven't noticed any change in my complexion or lightening of dark spots. I think it's very mild, but it absorbs quickly and doesn't make my face greasy at all. I'll give it some more time to see if there are any visible effects, but so far this is just a very average product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

I'm on my third bottle of this toner and would definately repurchase. It's quite pricy, aboout $290 HKD for 200 ml. First, I was a bit skeptical coz not many people talk about it but I decided to try since it was on promotion. This toner is fragrance-free and it's quite mild. My skin absorbs it quickly and never felt dry or greasy afterward. There is 2 versions of it, i'm using the normal one and there is also another one for dry skin. Although I cannot say it has improved my skin tone, but after i started using this almost a year ago, my face has become less oily. Out of many toners i've tried, this is so far my fav. one. I'm looking forward to try the Kose Sekkisei toner as I've heard my people raves about it but this one is still highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 2:15:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a little bottle of this in a swap as part of a miniature set of the Blanchir line, and I'm in LOOOOOOVE. The swapper generously threw in an additional little bottle of this toner, so I've managed to use this for quite some time. This stuff is absolutely wonderful! It's faded recent discolorations and evened out my skin tone. I'm even starting to receive more compliments on my complexion, and my diet and sleeping pattern have never been worse! Based on other reviews, I'm planning to try Kanebo's Freshel White C lotion next, since the Blanchir lotion is very pricey at around $50USD. But if I don't find a product that works as well as this one, I'd still grudgingly shell out the money. :)