October 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Lip Treatments - Bobbi Brown - Lip Balm SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by AllThingsPretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've suffered with dry lips for a while now and I've been on a mission to find a lip balm that helps soothe and moisturise my lips while adding a hint of shine.

This is more than I would usually pay for a lip balm (16 in UK) but after no luck with cheaper brands I decided to take a chance.

I could not be happier that I bought this. After only one day of use my lips feel fantastic!

As other reviewers have said, you really need to push your finger into the product to break the surface. This makes it much easier to get a good amount of product and a better effect on your lips.

This feels lovely on the lips, like they are coated in a protective, smooth layer of lushness. It seems to last really well on the lips too, I could still feel it there after a few hours, including light eating and drinking.

Looks wise it gives lips a subtle shine. My husband says it makes my lips look moist and kissable. So if you want natural, kissable looking lips this is definitely for you.

So in conclusion this lip balm is expensive but it works! And it has received the stamp of approval from a man too!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by wendytancl94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Had an allergic reaction after using this at night. Woke up with it inflamed and burning! I had small bumps all over my top and bottom lips and the skin outside my lips were cracked, peeling and itchy.. So painful! To the back of the drawer it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by liza4466

i would really love this balm if only the packing is easy to use. but i like the effect on my chopped dry lips really treat it good. it hydrates, not so greasy. so i might buy it again even its pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I am always on the perennial hunt for the perfect lip balm and have tried them all - Chanel, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Mac and now this. Where all the others fail (except Lauder) is that this one is not only extremely hydrating but it also has an SPF! Having an SPF even in a lip balm is something I find extremely important, for the sheer fact that I hate the look of crusty lips and take pride is mine looking plump and hydrated. It comes in a beautiful silver tin and is quite a generous size, and has probably contains two or three times as much product as wind up lip balms. It keeps my lips very hydrated and does not look shiny at all which is perfect for me. The texture is also very thick (like so SO thick) which can be hard to warm up and get some product! The only thing that has disillusioned me a bit is that the first ingredient is petrolatum. That has kind of stuck out for me and reminds me of vaseline (which is detest). It is also a very cheap ingredient, and considering this lip balm is rather pricey, I would rather stick to something that uses better ingredients, like Mac's lip conditioner that has high amounts of shea butter and other essential oils, or Chanel's rouge coco baume that uses much nicer ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

Bought this lip balm based on all these fantastic reviews. Its summer here in London but unfortunately my lips have chapped due to the unpredictable weather and this did absolutely nothing to help them. I dont think this is going to do me any good in winter as well since its no use now therefore have to chuck it in the bin. I wouldnt have mind the price tag if this was a good product but unfortunately it wasnt. I am sticking to my pound chapsticks from boots which do the work better than this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by MaggieBen

HG product for me. I am on my third container and I have another stashed when it runs out... which will be a while... my first container lasted a year, second almost a year and now the third just opened... this is without question the best lip balm I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Love love love this lipbalm! When I was for thr first time at the Bobbi Brown counter the mua that was helping me picking out different lipsticks put at first this on my lips and I was immediately sold. Otherwise I didn't end up buying untill this afternoon at the Bobbi Brown counter and honestly I don't know what I was thinking.. Why didn't I bought this way earlier?! Best Lipbalm EVER! Rosebud salve was just fine but dried my lips out after a couple hours and Elizabeth's Arden 8 hour cream didn't do the job. HANDS DOWN BEST STUFF EVER.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I don't have much new to add to the previous reviews, but I really like this product. Like others mentioned, it's much better after you dig underneath the top layer to get to the creamier part. It is smooth and glossy, not waxy. I don't like lip products in a pot, so I apply this with a q-tip. The best thing about this lip balm is that it adds a rosy tint to my lips and makes them look better. The sunscreen is not broad spectrum, so I don't rely on this for sun protection. I am editing this to add it has a strong fragrance I don't like. It annoys me when I go to bed wearing this. A good alternative is Paula's Choice lip balm. It's not as shiny, but it moisturizes well and lasts long on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the BEST and ONLY lip balm/gloss with SPF that does not dry out and irritate my lips. This is super moisturizing and adds just enough shine. My HG lip balm. I even apply it at night before going to bed to wake up with soft silky lips! Will buy again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by katieqr0918

HG for me. I am on my second container of this and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it. love it... use it every morning.... the little tub lasts me just under a year... I am not fond of having to use my finger but I love it anyway...highly recommend. I use this in the am and Paula's Choice lip lip tub at night.
HG stuff for me.