April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Sheer Magnetic

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ciaobella7

How can a company like Lancome create the wonderful JuicyTubes line and then come up with this piece of nonsense? What a waste of dough. No pigment, doesn't last on lips. Don't buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipstick is very sheer (duh) but I actually really like that. I have this in Joy, which is a shimmery sheer neutral pink. It gives your lips a nice, lovely, natural glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by preetigirl

I happened to buy a few of these and have used two. "WOW" is a bright strawberry with magenta and "Visionary" which is sort of pink with a hint of plum. Visionary can be worn anytime, it appears very subtle on my med. olive toned skin and if I didn't wear lipliner with it, it almost seems more like a colored lipbalm or a gloss, than a lipstick.
Wow, on the other hand, is a very bright color. Despite being sheer, it still stands out in the day and can appear fuchsia or bright magenta on me, so I reserve it for night. I use it more as a gloss or a topper on some other lipstick to enhance its color.
The texture of Sheer Magnetic lipsticks is very similar to one of these shea butter lipbalms I have--glide on smoothly and are very slick.
Since they're so moisturizing they last just about as long as a lipbalm does.
Overall, the texture reminds me of MAC's glaze lipsticks, and visionary reminds me of Polished Up, a more brownish color, but MLBB on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 10:01:00 AM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This comment applied to Crush, a beautiful pink-mauve-nude lipstick.
It feels very comfortable and light on the lips but still give a glossy color which works wonder on me , a ppp blond hair,green eyes.It is one of the only light color lipstick that I like.I usually wear darker colors but this one is very nice.Remind me of Clinique long last soft shine in Soft Bloom(also discontinued)
I have noticed many posts regarding this beautiful color but is discontinued.Time to stock up!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2004 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jeenathee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Crush which was a GWP, and it's a nude mauve/pink. It looks very natural with my complexion, and the texture is extremely smooth. I don't consider this lipstick all that sheer--the pigmentation is as strong as any other lipstick. The difference is that it's very emollient and slippery, so it fades easily, hence the 4 rating. It's comfortable to reapply, so it's not that big a deal for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

These have been a favorite lipstick of mine since they first came out in Summer '00, in fact I think the only lipstick I have ever actually used up in my life is the SM in Visionary-these have great texture, beautiful colors (I also own Crystal Amethyst, Strapless,Bauble, and Rose Sorbet-and one from France called Avis de Tempete #271-I think) These are in the process of being discontinued in the US so if you want to try, run, don't walk, to your nearest Lancome counter. I think Lancome believes that the new Juicy Rouges are the "replacement" sheer lipstick-however I have found these to be A)too loaded with glitter to be for anything but evening/clubbing wear B) not very sheer at all and C)drying. Overall, not very wearable colors (for me).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2004 12:10:00 PM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this in Dashing and Hint. I've had 'em for awhile and I still turn to them both from time to time. When worn with the le lipstique liner, they seem to last for me. I like to brush Hint (a shimmery gold) into the center of my lips and blend over another color for a subtle gold glow. Dashing is a deep, brownish red (a good match with the Amandelle lip liner).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2003 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lucky_abo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have it in CRUSH color. I love it's nudy look. It was a great choice make.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2003 3:55:00 PM More reviews by yin2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in crush, got it from a GWP. i love the color! a nude pink, great everyday lipcolor for me. i adore the smell! crushed rose petals =) sheer enuff, you can't mess up on the application, goes on smooth, love it! too expensive to buy again..but i might =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2003 4:21:00 PM More reviews by littlealy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Strapless and I bought it after a Lancome girl put it on me for a wedding I was in. I lost it that day (who knows where :-( ) but bought it again after going through withdrawal. I think it's a very pretty purplish-pink color and the taste and smell is MUCH better than that of the Rouge Absolu Creme and Rouge Sensation lines. Also looks good under a JT, Simmer in particular.