August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Expert Lip Tint in Katanatura

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A sheer warm,browned red that went on alittle redder then I had hoped for..Was hoping for just a touch more brown..Nice texture and finish..Would not rebuy this shade but would definitely try another color

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Rose71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful reddish brown gel, cream lipstick which feels lightweight when applied. It is nicely pigmented. This lipstick never dries my lips out. It has a slight rose scent which does go away. I just love the red lacquered packaging! I am on my second tube! Such a pretty color!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by NoraL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick. To me, it's a browned-red color. It has a matte finish, yet lightweight texture and goes on soooo smoothly. I haven't been using a lipliner with it and haven't noticed any feathering. It's comfortable, a very wearable red and super flattering on. Even though it's $22 (gah! for a lipstick!), I will definitely repurchase. And I can't wait to try other colors in this line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this through a website, and it was described to be a "sheer tawny" shade. VERY similar to the lip stains by Vincent Longo. Ultra creamy, soft consistency (too soft in my opinion...these lipsticks ALWAYS tend to break off at the base), the emmolliency fades out and leaves the color behind. I find after an hour I need to reapply the product or some sort of balm to keep my lips feeling hydrated. On me, this product simulates the natural color of my lips...darkens them a bit to a kind of reddish brown...more on the brown side definitely. This probably looks more vivid on those with pinker lips or fairer complexions. Works with my complexion, but there's a little too much brown in this for it to be a favorite....there are times when it makes my lips too dark looking. I wish the shade was more sheer as described. Packaging is pretty - looks like red lacquer...it's actually the exact shade of the Kevin Aucoin tribute book that came out this year. I just don't like the package design...the tube is perfectly rectangular and awfully sharp...I've cut myself numerous times when reaching for this in my bag. Won't roll around the counter for sure! I'm going to try the other colors available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be the only lip tint colour that works on me. On my lips, Katanatura is a slightly browned red. Very similar to NARS Zanzibar, but with a more suede-like texture that almost looks like a stain rather than a lipstick.
I'd hoped that this would be true tawny shade, and it isn't on me, but I love my browned reds, too. This one will be a keeper.
I just love the texture of the lip tints - so light and smooth, so pigmented but not lipsticky-looking. I wish they'd expand the colour range! More warm-toned shades, please! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Cheapchic

Kevyn is a makeup genius!

Katanatura is a beautiful red brown shade in a gel cream consistency lipstick. The gel cream consistency feels light as a feather, gives adequate slippage and moisturizes as well as any lipbalm. The color payoff is excellent, leaving a faint tint behind on the wearers' lips. As a NC30, this is a neutral red for me that I can wear during the day or evening.

Like all lip tints, the product comes in a chic square package with sharp corners. I would not feel embarassed pulling this out in a public place. I would love to try more colors by KA.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2004 6:57:00 PM More reviews by makeup_addict44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got this lipstick! Sooo excited! It is by far one of the best lipsticks out there, both color and texture. The scent is awesome too (something like YSL). This is the sort of lipstick I can just put on and not worry about what it's going to look like. No liner, no gloss needed to make it look perfect. It is perfect!!! Beautiful sheer red-brown for my pigmented lips and GGG/DDD LSF 10 complexion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by missbutterfly

Katanatura is a gorgeous light reddish/plummy/brown color. It has a matte look but when you put it on your lips it is creamy. Very unique. It is long lasting but when it finally does fade it looks like you were eating a cherry popsicle or a bowl of cherries. This color is very Liv Tyler-ish. Just a pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by triciahill

What a beautiful lip colour! It goes on as others have said without demarcation lines and looks so natural, just like natural lips amped up a bit. On me its rosy brown and is simply divine with a touch of the cyber lip gloss in the blue shade. BTW, the MA at Harvey Nicks in London said that the blue colour was designed to make one's teeth look whiter. Nice thought, but I can't see much difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2003 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Lajja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my 5th lip tint shade and it's another lovely winner, *thank you, Sherry!* I slip it on, stroke some MAC Plum liner to define and let the whole thing set to a lovely mauvey brown stain. Sometimes I'll top w/clear gloss but I prefer to wear this alone cuz it's like my natural lips only 3X darker.