July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lip Gloss - Kevyn Aucoin - Liquid Cyber Lip

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by feelingpeachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the Datura shade. This is gorgeous in the tube, a bright very slightly brownish orange with tons of gold microglitter. The doe-tip applicator is fine. -But this has no color on the lips. None, just glitter. -And the taste and odor are very strong violet, similar to Chowards chalky violet candies. Do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by disenchanted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to give this a bad review, but have to. I think Kevyn Aucoin was the best so it does pain me to say how awful I think this gloss is.

I have never written a review even though I have been on MUA for years, but this should tell you how horrible I think this is. It compelled me to write this.

I'll start with the scent. It is so flowery and strong it makes me sick feeling. Then the grittiest glitter I have ever had on my lips. For reference I like glitter and shimmer. Love MAC dazzleglasses. Anyway, it made my lips hurt.

The colors and shine are nice so I really wish the gross scent and grit did not live in this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by aroulston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

IMO, this is a unique product - I think a bit pricey, but worth it. It really makes my lips sparkle - looks great at night and over most lipsticks except red red and some pinks it turns like a bluish mauve. I really like to layer this with my lip glasses for the ultimate sparkle lipgloss. If you are looking for something subtle, then don't get this... but it is a great glitter gloss and I don't feel like it gets glitter all over my face like some - the glitter is fine enough so it doesn't look scary...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sparklemotion

I have this in 'Tenda' - a very sheer pink with shimmer. I did not feel any of the grittiness complained of by other users - perhaps they have changed the formulation? This particular colour does not have much pigment, but I am keen to try other colours, as the formula is quite long lasting without too much stickiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGamer

I have this in Galaxine rosette...and let me tell you....it's is the best red color! I keep it in my purse all the time. I have dark hair, so I like to wear reds sometimes. The sparkles are beautiful: they aren't over done. There's a slight bluish color sparkle which is gorgeous. It's expensive, but it's so beautiful I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mjrq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The light blue one is a lot of fun. I have found no other colors like this. It gives lips an illusion of fullness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by masucci

I just received this in "Galaxine" and all I can say is WOW. If you love shimmer, then this is the gloss for you! So beautiful and shimmery! I've never seen a lipgloss like it! I will buy this again and again! And of course, the quality doesn't surprise me - it has Kevyn Aucoin's name on it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just had to give this product five lippies, honestly! It's fantastic, at least for me and what I like. I have this in Galaxine/Rosette, and I just about impulse purchased it the minute I saw it, from trying it on my hand. The glitter and shimmer and gel-gloss color is superb. The color is a very sheer berry and added to that are microglitter particles in multicolors of green, blue, orange, and red. Yes, it's a glittery shimmery gloss. Why would you buy it if you didn't want glitter particles on your lips? It's obvious from the outside of the tube that this thing packs some very visible glitter. This gloss is not for people who want a MAC-type gloss that lasts forever, is a glue-trap, and looks natural. I wanted it for the reason that the glitter stands out, although it's not over-the-top at all. It looks stunning on top of lipstick-- wet and shimmery and gorgeous. I do not find this gloss sticky (I hate sticky glosses!!) or gritty or anything but wonderful. It's on par with my other favorite glosses, Giorgio Armani Lip Shimmers. I love the brush applicator as opposed to the sponge; it allows for more precise and easier application, in my experience. I don't notice any weird smells or anything else but a great KA product. I love wearing this gloss by itself for understated elegance, or on top of lipstick for vavavoom lips-- seriously sexy, I tella ya. I've gotten countless compliments on my lips since I started wearing Galaxine. and after it's gone , I adore the little glitter particles left on my lips, giving me a look I love to my lips. There is absolutely nothing I do not like about this gloss, except for the price, but it lasts me a while. So glad I bought it, and will be buying it again, for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this gloss because of the color--very rose/berry with sparkles. I didn't find the sparkles to be overwhelming or irritating, which is sometimes the case in MAC glosses. The color looks very nice paired with my pale and pink coloring. The wear is o.k. A bit sticky and it doesn't last that long, but I haven't found any lip gloss that lasts very long. As other reviewers have noted, it comes packaged with a brush applicator rather than a sponge. I prefer sponge, but ehh, I'm really about the color here. I'd say if you like the color it is worth it--otherwise, a bit sticky, expensive, and comes housed with an uncooperative applicator.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:19:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this gloss. It's very glossy with nice microglitter and a non-sticky texture (except for the Datura). It stays on well and has some very interesting "tints". I label this as a "tint" gloss for the reason that all the color is sheer and adds a different tint to your lipstick. It's not my holy grail but it's a good gloss. I have to say that the glitter doesn't show up on me. It just looks like a regular gloss with some pretty colors. My favorite is Tenda because it goes on so nicely and doesn't really change the color of your lipstick like some of the other colors do. I had to take one lippie away because the color "Datura" is very gritty and a little sticky. I love the color but it kinda scratches my lips. I didn't have this problem with any of the others. I also took one lippie away because the glitter didn't make my lips look fuller like the microglitter in Lancome's star gloss. This isn't a bad product and the colors are very innovative but it's also not the best gloss I've ever tried. If you're looking for holy grail glosses try Merle Norman delites,Lancome star gloss in starlight, three custom glosses, or lip lingerie. I love kevyn aucoin and this is a nice lipgloss but the only thing special about it is the color selection.