September 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Idol Eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Super pretty! One of my favorite MAC eyeshadows - a blue/silver/white mixed sparkly eyeshadow. Really gorgeous, applies beautifully! This can also be used as a glitter overlay over other eyeshadows. I'm in love!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I completely regret buying this product. It swatches on your finger nicely, but on the eyelid it hardly has any pigment at all. Not to mention it's also quite chalky and you end up with alot of fallout. It's going straight in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I love this color. It is a beautifully soft and sophisticated cool icy blue silver lilac. Looks great as a wash over the lid or in the inner corner. Wear this on the regular.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If I'd read reviews or seen swatches of this I would probably have been scared away, but I picked it up randomly at an airport duty free, and I'm do happy with this colour. This shade needs TLC, you need primer (which I always need anyway, greasy lids...), you need to pack and pat it on, one swipe won't do it, but it's worth it. This is like fairy dust, it's so luminous and shimmery and unique. It's lavender and white and gold. I haven't experienced fall out. My favourite look would be this across the first third of the lid, then UD Haight on the middle third then UD Gunmetal, and smoke it out, but I can think of so many interesting things you could do with this- you could even dust it gently over your cheeks if you are wearing dramatic makeup for New Year's or something. I'm not sure I'd try more MAC lustres, guess I'll check the duty free on the way home.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ticklishgypsy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know, I know, the fallout. It bugs me a bit too, but this shadow is so pretty and unique that I overlook it. I was wanting an icy blue to bring out the blue in my eyes, but they all were too cool toned and looked goofy. This shade, which is a sheer shimmery silver with subtle gold reflects, fit the bill perfectly. I wear it over NYX milk pencil and haven't had any issues with creasing. If I want it more opaque I apply with my finger. I love this shadow despite its poor reputation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful unique color. I love Mac's Lustre eye shadows. Too bad I came across late. Probably because it is not everybody's favorite. Use it on its own or over another cool color with a slightly damp brush. Idol eyes and Shale are my favorite e/s from Mac. Love love love them!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a waste of money.
No pigmentation, had to swipe several times to get any color at all to show up. when it did, it was a nice, light blue with a good amount of sparkle.
Cue three or so hours later and the color completely vanished. All that was left a glittery mess on my lids that fell off into my eye. It was as if I just put glitter on my eyes.
My lids are normal and I always use primer so I'm really at a loss for words.

DO NOT BUY.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by rowanlallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never read a review on this colour and I am surprised. This is an easy to use silver-lilac glitter shadow. It is not difficult to apply as most reviews tend to make out. When I purchased it, I immediately thought "foam tip eyeshadow brush". You simply take this and push it on to the lid. It shows up like in the pan. There is no need to use fingers.

Stays put too, and I haven't worn it over a base yet - I also tend to get oily lids.

I would repurchase if I needed a silver, I don't use it much so it should last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by zohrabohra

I bought this thinking it'll be a gorgeous color but I'm kind of disappointed, when you use the product it doesnt really show, you have to wear a paint over it so it stays, the glitter killed it too, I wish I can return it but it was part of my free thing for the recycle program so oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeshadow, because it looks almost duochrom-ish. Its grey-ish lilac colour with a golden glow and silver glitter. In my opinion glitter spoils it all. It HAS to be used over a base, for me it works the best over painterly paint pot( tried with UDPP, Rival de Loop, No. 7, Gosh, Inglot)without base, it will be too sheer. Also it looks much better as all over the lid colour.
When using this eyeshadow you will get a fall out...from that silver glitter. But the colour itself is very pretty.
If it would not be for a lack of pigmentation (which is why u need a base) and glitter I would give it a 5.