December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

Eye Shadow - Philosophy - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Supernatural Windows to the Soul palette in Plum Delicious was ridiculous steal on StrawberryNet, and my introduction to both the Philosophy brand and the wondrous world of matte eyeshadows. The colours are muted enough for day, buildable for night, and the perfect shades of taupe grey and plum to flatter neutral/cool-toned skin and bring out brown eyes. Colour pay-off isn't great for the lightest colour, but the others are quite pigmented and long-lasting. The purple is the only one with a little bit of micro-shimmer to it, and even then it’s quite subtle (more satiny than shimmery). Since the palette comes in a durable, compact case with a mirror and a double-ended synthetic bristle brush (of pretty good quality), it's super portable and great for on-the-go.

I have found, however, that over time the shadows have the tendency to irritate the eyes. Then again, I have been using the palette for about half a year now, so it might be just be time to get it replaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eye palette! I bought it for a few dollars at Big Lots and I would purchase it again at full price. It has lasted me so long I think it will take a while to need to do so. I have fair skin, blonde hair, and hazel eyes. The colors match my eyes, hair and skin tone perfectly and bring out the green in my eyes. The packaging is sleek, doesn't slam shut, has a wide mirror, and a great and practical brush included that I use more than my bought brushes. One ened is fluffy, the other is a small eyeliner brush. It came with an inner plastic covering with instructions on how to apply each color on the lid for a smokey eye affect.

The color goes on smooth and velvety. Lasts all day long and doesn't budge. I do have to blend a good amount but it lasts and applies in the proper amount of pigment. I can adjust the color as I'd like to lessen or intensify the effect for night or day which I love. I use "sweet vanilla" and "cloudberry" for day wear and all four colors for a smokey going out look. I use "blackberry" over my eyeliner to set it, to keep it from smudging and to give a matte look. It's easy to carry in my purse for touch ups or to add color to go from day to night. When water is added the look is intensified but it's harder to blend. This product is super gentle on my delicate skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a review for Philosophy's Plum Delicious, a quad that I absolutely love! These eyeshadows don't really get looked at often, so they need some love. First off, the outward appearance of these eyeshadows is quite sleek- shiny black packaging with the single word "philosophy" on it. Inside is the quad, which consists of an off-white highlight, a light mauve, a deep purple, and a deep grey-brown. There is also a mirror inside the lid and a small, double sided brush. I find the brush useless, but it was still a nice touch. The pigmentation of these is quite great- and although this is a purple-based quad, it is not one that absolutely screams purple. It is wearable enough to pull off in public places without looking like a peacock. It is suitable enough for day or night looks, and it does not have fallout and stays on very well with primer. There is a good mix of satin and matte in this quad. I would highly recommend this quad to anyone looking for a more playful yet wearable look! Plus, they're not too expensive- Biglots sells them for about $3-4. I also own some other little singles of Philosophy eyeshadows- again, great quality. Very silky, easy to apply, pigmented, and stay on. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got 2 of these eyeshadow palettes during the awesome $3 Philosophy blowout at Big Lots, and they are absolutely amazing! I have ‘Box of Truffles’ (brown shades) and ‘Plum Delicious’ (purple shades). The packaging is sleek and chic, a black, hard plastic, mirrored compact, that actually comes with a decent, double-ended shadow/liner brush (though I still prefer to use my own brushes). Each palette comes with 4 coordinating shadows pans (3 matte and 1 shimmer). ‘Box of Truffles’ contains a pale cream, a light brown, a medium shimmery golden brown, and a dark matte chocolate brown. ‘Plum Delicious’ contains a pale lavender, a medium purple-taupe, a rich purple shimmer, and a deep slate grey. The lightest shade in each makes a nice highlight shade for the inner corner of the eye and under the brow. The medium matte shade makes a nice lid color. But I love, love, love the shimmer shade and the darkest matte shade in these quads! The shimmer shades looks lovely as a lid color or buffed along the lashline. And I like to wear the darkest shades wet as eyeliner. They all apply and wear beautifully, lasting all day over a primer. I love the convenience of well-coordinated shades all in one palette, but I find I can mix & match these easily with other shades in my collection. I never would have considered these at full price, but for $3 a piece these are a real find. I went back & purchased back ups of each before they sold out. I would definitely recommend picking these up if you can still find them!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

I have both the purple and the brown. These compacts are fab, all the colours compliment each other and blend beautifully. I sometimes prefer to use the liners with a wet brush to get a deeper colour, but it's equally nice to do a smokey liner/shadow with these.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've recently purchased the 'smoke and mirrors' palette. I love the texture, and they have just the right amount of shimmer to them - satiny without being really glittery (my pet hate is overly shimmery, glittery products!) but I find them to be very sheer. You really need to build up the product to see any colour. I also found that they don't apply well with a brush. I tried both the brush that came with it (which isn't actually bad quality compared to most brushes that come with palettes) and when that resulted in more dropping down under my eyes than what ended up on my lid, I tried my chanel brushes, which had the same problem. The best way to apply this shadow is with a finger tip. which I don't like, because I then end up with it everywhere! It's not the worst eyeshadow I've come across, but not good enough for me to want to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is for the Philosophy The Supernatural Windows To The Eyes palette in 'Smokes and Mirrors' and "Boxed Truffles'.
Both extremely great palettes, love the packaging!
I love the quality of both these palettes, the colours are extremely pigmented, smooth and blendable. These are very durable, the colour doesn't fade as the day/evening goes on.
The shimmer doesn't overpower the colours like a lot of the other brands namingly Smashbox.
Philosophy is not a widely available brand in Australia, and to make things worst it's expensive. I know else where in the world these are about $30-$40USD, but here in Australia these are well doubled in value, but despite saying that, if your a makeup collector/fanatics like me, it's worth having it in your collection!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by scarlettallison1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Superjewels and Supercool and I have never liked eyeshadow colors or consistency better in my entire life...honestly. This is quality, beautiful makeup. Something about the colors makes me wear less shadow than usual, and totally brightens my face. I look younger. My highest recommendations to the Little Black Books!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2003 11:15:00 PM More reviews by julieconn1029

I bought Superjewel (Little Black Book) quite a while back and love it! These are beautiul, deeply pigmented eye shadows that stay on for hours. I recommend them to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 1:28:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are great pigmented shadows. They are so silky and smooth to apply and they never crease on my lids. They look great on and they always hold up on me. I also love how much you get, they will last you forever.