New York Color Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate Dicaprate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Lanolin Alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Alluminum Silicate, Steareth 21, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Steareth 2, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Hamamelis Virginana Extract (Witch Hazel), Laureth 4, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/23/2015 12:47:00 PM

I'm really shocked. This stuff was....great. I was really skeptical but I have used it enough now to be a believer. I have this in classic beige and it is perfect. I typically spend a little more on foundation because my skin isn't great but this has become my replacement. It doesn't feel thick and gross on my skin like some of the others I have tried. I was also a little thrown off my the paddle like applicator but it has also grown on me too!!

on 8/19/2015 2:42:00 PM

Love this foundation!! It has been around in my life for a while: my mom has been using it and still is. It's not a bad foundation at all. It has light to medium coverage and it hasn't broke me out. It's very thick, so I suggest you place it upside down to get the product to go down. Overall, it's a bargain and will buy many times in my future. :)

on 3/1/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is soooo thick!The foundation doesn't come with a pump so you have to use a brush or spatula to get it out of the bottle. The overall foundation gives you a light to medium coverage. It only costs about $3 which is on the cheap side and worries me about what I'm putting on my face. OILY SKIN GIRLS STAY AWAY. The foundation does give you a natural smooth skin look but I have never had a foundation make my skin so oily. I can go 3-4 hours before a touch up on any other foundation but this one I have to touch up after an hour. I used it in the winter time when my skin was on the dry side and it helped get my skin "moist." Wouldn't repurchase or recommend for oily skin girls.

on 1/24/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

good product once you get it out of the bottle it is extremely think kinda reminds me of old milk the perfect amount of coverage not too full i got a light color and i use it to mix with other foundations and works well

on 1/13/2015 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Okay as a foundation with medium coverage, but like most foundations, it settles into my pores and makes me look dry. My skin texture doesn't work well with foundation or powder, but I keep living in hope...

Anyway, I also couldn't get this out of the bottle without a qtip. It simply won't run, slide or ooze out of the glass neck. It's so thick it should've been packaged in a jar. Not everyone has said this, so I wonder if the older it gets the thicker it gets and I just got an old bottle? Anyway, it's not worth the effort or the $4. Wet and Wild or ELF both have foundations just as mediocre and for less, so skip this one.

on 10/31/2014 12:22:00 PM

okay, this is the 3rd time now that I've reviewed this foundation. This used to be my go to foundation, my HG. I loved it. I had it in nude, but now that its winter I bought ivory. I've been using the ivory for a few weeks now and I've applied it every which way: figers sponge, beauty blender(dupe), foundation brush, and stipple brush. The bottle of nude that I had went on great with my fingers or a sponge and stayed on all day. I don't kniw if maybe I got a bad bottle in the ivory or what, but no matter what I do my face ends up looking streaky, blotchy, and cakey within a few hours! I'm so upset! I religiously use NYC products, they have never let me down, seriously my whole makeup bag is full on NYC. But I can not get this foundation to work. To be fair though, I have tried literally hundreds of foundations and none of them look right on my skin. They always look good on my forhead and cheeks but not my nose and chin. I think I'm giving up at this point and going back to my bb creme. NYC smooth skin bb is amazing, and once set with powder makes ny skin look fantastic, don't know why I strayed from it.

on 8/17/2014 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Ivory. I have pale skin with pink undertones. Most fair/ivory shades of foundation are either too dark or too yellow. I figured for about $3, what did I have to lose?
I could not get this to come out of the bottle easily, so I used a Q-tip to remove some foundation from the bottle, apply to the back of my hand, and use a foundation brush to apply it to my face. If I needed more foundation, I just used a new Q-tip.
I've used it twice now, and my skin loves this stuff! No breakouts, perfect color match, and give a non-cakey, natural finish. I bought a MAC foundation pump and used it in this bottle, and it's perfect! The only con I have is that this is such a thick product to be in a bottle without a pump, but I found a way around it.

on 12/8/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the Spiced Beige and i didnt like the product at all. It was easy to apply good coverage, but sadly made me break out

on 10/10/2013 11:04:00 AM

I really don't like this foundation at all .. It made my face look cakey and oily and the product was WAY too thick. Plus it all wore off two hours after having it on. Don't reccommend it .. The price is ok, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this quite a while ago when everyone on YouTube was doing the $20 makeup challenge & a few girls bought this so I decided to try it. For the price (about $5) it's a decent foundation. However, I have other favourites & don't really reach for this often. The packaging is crazy for how thick it is - I use a spatula to get the product out & it's fine. It covers pretty well, has about medium coverage. It goes on kind of streaky / patchy for me, you really have to blend it out. It kind of makes it look like I have dry skin when I don't. After about 3 1/2 hours it was already seperating / wearing off my chin.. and when I got home I realized it had oxidized a bit orange and darker. If you need an inexpensive foundation this is okay, I just have many other ones I prefer.