February 27, 2015 | 1022 users online

Foundations - New York Color - Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by queennattyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good product once you get it out of the bottle it is extremely think kinda reminds me of old milk the perfect amount of coverage not too full i got a light color and i use it to mix with other foundations and works well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Okay as a foundation with medium coverage, but like most foundations, it settles into my pores and makes me look dry. My skin texture doesn't work well with foundation or powder, but I keep living in hope...

Anyway, I also couldn't get this out of the bottle without a qtip. It simply won't run, slide or ooze out of the glass neck. It's so thick it should've been packaged in a jar. Not everyone has said this, so I wonder if the older it gets the thicker it gets and I just got an old bottle? Anyway, it's not worth the effort or the $4. Wet and Wild or ELF both have foundations just as mediocre and for less, so skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

okay, this is the 3rd time now that I've reviewed this foundation. This used to be my go to foundation, my HG. I loved it. I had it in nude, but now that its winter I bought ivory. I've been using the ivory for a few weeks now and I've applied it every which way: figers sponge, beauty blender(dupe), foundation brush, and stipple brush. The bottle of nude that I had went on great with my fingers or a sponge and stayed on all day. I don't kniw if maybe I got a bad bottle in the ivory or what, but no matter what I do my face ends up looking streaky, blotchy, and cakey within a few hours! I'm so upset! I religiously use NYC products, they have never let me down, seriously my whole makeup bag is full on NYC. But I can not get this foundation to work. To be fair though, I have tried literally hundreds of foundations and none of them look right on my skin. They always look good on my forhead and cheeks but not my nose and chin. I think I'm giving up at this point and going back to my bb creme. NYC smooth skin bb is amazing, and once set with powder makes ny skin look fantastic, don't know why I strayed from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Ivory. I have pale skin with pink undertones. Most fair/ivory shades of foundation are either too dark or too yellow. I figured for about $3, what did I have to lose?
I could not get this to come out of the bottle easily, so I used a Q-tip to remove some foundation from the bottle, apply to the back of my hand, and use a foundation brush to apply it to my face. If I needed more foundation, I just used a new Q-tip.
I've used it twice now, and my skin loves this stuff! No breakouts, perfect color match, and give a non-cakey, natural finish. I bought a MAC foundation pump and used it in this bottle, and it's perfect! The only con I have is that this is such a thick product to be in a bottle without a pump, but I found a way around it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by celestesk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Spiced Beige and i didnt like the product at all. It was easy to apply good coverage, but sadly made me break out

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I really don't like this foundation at all .. It made my face look cakey and oily and the product was WAY too thick. Plus it all wore off two hours after having it on. Don't reccommend it .. The price is ok, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this quite a while ago when everyone on YouTube was doing the $20 makeup challenge & a few girls bought this so I decided to try it. For the price (about $5) it's a decent foundation. However, I have other favourites & don't really reach for this often. The packaging is crazy for how thick it is - I use a spatula to get the product out & it's fine. It covers pretty well, has about medium coverage. It goes on kind of streaky / patchy for me, you really have to blend it out. It kind of makes it look like I have dry skin when I don't. After about 3 1/2 hours it was already seperating / wearing off my chin.. and when I got home I realized it had oxidized a bit orange and darker. If you need an inexpensive foundation this is okay, I just have many other ones I prefer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Bellebeauty12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff seriously sucks.

Packaging-
So flippin hard to get the product out! It's really thick, and it comes out so slow. I can turn it upside down and keep it there for like 15 mins and nothing will happen. It's looks nice and sleek and professional, but it really needs a pump. (Not that I care to get the product out anymore!)

Quality-
TERRIBLE. It has really good coverage. It's all out coverage. This foundation oxidizes so bad. It looks nice and smooth in regular lighting for like one min, then you notice somethings a little off with the color. Then you go outside, and see that you're orange! This stuff also is really cakey and it's hard to blend with out getting streaks.

Price-
It's only like $3. Well, you get what you paid for.

OVERALL, do NOT buy!!! I hate this! It's a waist of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used this yesterday when applying makeup on my sister's face since she had bought it and wanted to try it out. I was very skeptical on using it because I normally buy high end foundations to minimize damage to the skin, but I had no other choice. Being an NYC product (I love their blushes btw), it surprised me the consistency was creamy, almost like a light mousse, and it was not completely absorbed by the sponge. While applying it looked beautiful and the coverage was not bad. I could build it up to a medium coverage and it looked dewy and nice. I applied concealer under her eyes and set it with pressed powder and it lasted her all day.
A very nice product indeed. I don't know how it would work for oily skin though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use MUFE Face and Body but times are tough and I figured for a few dollars I could try something new. At first I was very impressed with this foundation. I mixed it with some moisturizer and it looked great on my skin. All was well until this morning. I now have a cute rash on my chin. This foundation is going in the trash. The packaging isn't great. There isn't a pump and it's hard to get the product out. I would have overlooked that if it my skin didn't react to it so badly. I guess it's on to the next!