April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Foundations - New York Color - Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by celestesk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Spiced Beige and i didnt like the product at all. It was easy to apply good coverage, but sadly made me break out

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I really don't like this foundation at all .. It made my face look cakey and oily and the product was WAY too thick. Plus it all wore off two hours after having it on. Don't reccommend it .. The price is ok, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this quite a while ago when everyone on YouTube was doing the $20 makeup challenge & a few girls bought this so I decided to try it. For the price (about $5) it's a decent foundation. However, I have other favourites & don't really reach for this often. The packaging is crazy for how thick it is - I use a spatula to get the product out & it's fine. It covers pretty well, has about medium coverage. It goes on kind of streaky / patchy for me, you really have to blend it out. It kind of makes it look like I have dry skin when I don't. After about 3 1/2 hours it was already seperating / wearing off my chin.. and when I got home I realized it had oxidized a bit orange and darker. If you need an inexpensive foundation this is okay, I just have many other ones I prefer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Bellebeauty12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff seriously sucks.

Packaging-
So flippin hard to get the product out! It's really thick, and it comes out so slow. I can turn it upside down and keep it there for like 15 mins and nothing will happen. It's looks nice and sleek and professional, but it really needs a pump. (Not that I care to get the product out anymore!)

Quality-
TERRIBLE. It has really good coverage. It's all out coverage. This foundation oxidizes so bad. It looks nice and smooth in regular lighting for like one min, then you notice somethings a little off with the color. Then you go outside, and see that you're orange! This stuff also is really cakey and it's hard to blend with out getting streaks.

Price-
It's only like $3. Well, you get what you paid for.

OVERALL, do NOT buy!!! I hate this! It's a waist of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I used this yesterday when applying makeup on my sister's face since she had bought it and wanted to try it out. I was very skeptical on using it because I normally buy high end foundations to minimize damage to the skin, but I had no other choice. Being an NYC product (I love their blushes btw), it surprised me the consistency was creamy, almost like a light mousse, and it was not completely absorbed by the sponge. While applying it looked beautiful and the coverage was not bad. I could build it up to a medium coverage and it looked dewy and nice. I applied concealer under her eyes and set it with pressed powder and it lasted her all day.
A very nice product indeed. I don't know how it would work for oily skin though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use MUFE Face and Body but times are tough and I figured for a few dollars I could try something new. At first I was very impressed with this foundation. I mixed it with some moisturizer and it looked great on my skin. All was well until this morning. I now have a cute rash on my chin. This foundation is going in the trash. The packaging isn't great. There isn't a pump and it's hard to get the product out. I would have overlooked that if it my skin didn't react to it so badly. I guess it's on to the next!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first makeup I ever bought (in seventh grade.) I dont know why I didnt start out with mascara or lip gloss like a normal person. Anyways, I only put it on my nose and forehead, didnt use primer, and it lasted all day... but it was hard finding a good color match so I mixed "barely beige" with moisturizer. It made my skin bright orange unless I mixed it with moisturizer. I cant believe I wore it to school! Please spend a few extra dollars and get a real foundation!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I'm REALLY impressed with this foundation. I purchased it after the Wet 'n' Wild Coverall started breaking out my chin. It was less than $3 at my local Target. I purchased the pressed powder with it. I apply this with a makeup sponge and it gives a beautiful matte finish. It's not full coverage, I would say it's medium at most. It does cover the cysts that the Coverall caused 100% without any concealer, but I do need concealer under my eyes. I'm NC15-20 in MAC and the "Nude" shade is a perfect match for me. Honestly, I didn't notice this oxidizing like others have stated. I do have oily, semi-sensitive skin so the face that this is oil free and doesn't clog pores is huge. It also doesn't contain an SPF. It's pretty matte even before you set it, but after you set it I get from 9am-1pm without blotting which is good for me. I don't use a primer underneath, but I definitely set it with powder every time. So far I haven't noticed my skin hating it. The cysts from the Coverall have been healing since I switched to this which is awesome. The only thing keeping this from 5 stars and HG is the face that it doesn't keep me matte as long as I would prefer.

EDIT: This stuff started breaking me out on my forehead where I NEVER break out. In the trash it went... should've known it was too good to be true!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hight0pz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The foundation comes in a bottle with a pump and it's difficult to pour it out the first time you use it, but that isn't the worst part. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS because no matter what color you get, the product will oxidize dramatically within a minute of being on your face. At home it may look like the perfect color, but go out in the sunlight and you will have a hideously obvious orange line wherever you stopped applying. If you blend it down to your neck, then you have an orange line on your neck, as if you are wearing an orange mask. The product has very good coverage, but it comes off on everything! If your hand lightly touches your cheek your hand with be covered in the makeup. Spend a little more money because with this $3 product, you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know everything there is to know about this foundation so keep reading. First the packaging sucks everyone knows that. You will have the hardest time trying to get any product out of the bottle. That's con number one. Second, the shade selection sucks. There are only 6 shades to choose from and they all oxidize and turn orange. This is the worst con so far. I've come to the conclusion that the orange factor is possibly because all the shades have a pink undertone. over time that tone in this foundation just oxidizes turning orange. The weird thing is that on your face this foundation may look orange but if you take a picture with flash it appears chalky white and pale. Not kidding. I swatch the shades on my hand and took a flash picture and you can see how chalky it is. Very weird that it doesn't show up like that in person. Next is the finish. The finish of this is a satin matte that is quite cakey. When you apply it on your face it dries fast for which you have to blend right away and even then you get some streaks and cakey-ness. Also some people break out from this foundation so if you're prone to breakouts you might want to stay away from this. So to finish my review i would say i don't recommend this foundation. Based on some reviews some people like it but most don't. that says a lot. I liked it a lot when i first bought it but i found all its cons now. The price is very nice and reasonable and probably why people like to try it out in the first place but i suggest that you invest in a good more pricier foundation if you want nice looking skin. inexpensive just doesn't cut it sometimes.