September 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - White Truffle Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really over rated and gimmicky conditioner - shame on Alterna for trying to con customers out of $60 bucks with incorrect marketing on this product.

Don't get me wrong; this wasn't a bad conditioner - it is a really good conditioner as far as high end ones go. I'd go so far as to say it's the second best conditioner for thick and dry hair that Alterna has ever made. It beats the Bamboo line (which I am not the biggest fan of), the Caviar line (which is really good stuff) but isn't as nearly as good as the 10 line (which is outstanding). I have seen this product fluctuate in price from its original $99 for 10 oz to $60 to $40 and now is discontinued. This speaks volumes...

This will leave all hair types moisturized, I just didn't get enough moisture for its price and hype. I also got zero shine which was the main reason I bought it; this makes no sense because truffle is an amazing ingredient and should impart buttloads of shine. If you read the ingredient list you will see why this doesn't work. White truffle as an additive isn't high enough on the ingredient list order to include enough to justify advertising this as "white truffle conditioner". Matter of fact there is more wheat germ oil and various cones in it than truffle. And if you look carefully you will also notice the amount of truffle in this product is basically equal to the amount of grapeseed, olive, and sesame oil. Given that, I can just add these oils to my conditioner on my own and at a more concentrated level, at a fraction of the cost. For those who have complained about the smell: This was discontinued quite a while back and I am betting whatever is still out there for purchase is pretty old.

If you are a fan of this or if you just were curious about the results do yourself a solid and just purchase a small bottle of truffle oil and manually mix it in with your conditioner (IE rub them together in the palm of your hand). Trust me you will get excellent results, much better than had you bought this conditioner from Alterna.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This is great. Very expensive.. But worth it if your a product junkie and like luxury products. I've given this as a Christmas/birthday gift because it's just fancy like that. Very high quality ingredients, but use sparingly obviously because of the price point. Works like magic, smells a little too musky at times but is still fab as a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love hair products so bought this despite the high price tag, unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. The bottle looks nice but is not great for actual use and feels kinda cheap. The conditioner itself is a strange texture and smells cheap, you also have to use quite a lot which is not usually the case with other expensive conditioners. I don't think I got any sort of good results from this, I have left it in for various amounts of time but still the same result, I rinse it out and my hair feels dry, not like it had just been conditioned by a 35 conditioner, nor did it improve my hairs general condition over time with continued use. In the end I used it when I was going on a night out with volumising shampoo as I thought it moisturised so little it didn't weigh my hair down. Overall this product is really disappointing and way overpriced (i wouldn't even buy it if i was 5) , if you want a good conditioner I would go for Kerastase, Philip Kingsley or Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok I'll give ya that the bottle is awful! The conditioner inside is amazing! Use it with the matching shampoo and my hair is softer, shiny, and beautiful. It makes my hair softer while in the shower. I have waist length hair that can get very dry on the ends and as long as I've used this conditioner it has kept my hair from being that dry, brittle, frizz that we all end up with at this age, LOL.
I can use this conditioner with another shampoo and get good results, but that's me. I prefer using the matching shampoo with this conditioner. the smell to me is clean and woody. Not at all overpowering. When I am done my shower my husband always says that I smell good. I appreciate that a lot.
It is a thick conditioner and a little goes a long way. I always add a bit extra at the ends to makes sure that they are covered. I pat it on. I leave the bottle upside down in a plastic cup so it comes out easier when I squeeze.
I take this and the shampoo to my salon and use mine instead of theirs everytime. I am not at all happy with some of the salon conditioners out there and my salon does not use this line.
I found this with the matching shampoo at a beauty store near me and it is about $5 cheaper than normal. I will buy this again and use it. It's worth every penny I spend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xTKOx

I received both this and the shampoo as a gift for my birthday. I agree with other reviewers that the smell is odd, not cheap, just a little strange, but it does not cling to your hair, so IMO it's not that big of a deal. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about what it would do for my hair. My hair has been extremely damaged in the last year from processing and nothing I've used has done much to help it (I've used just about everything!). My hair is naturally course anyway, and the additional damage has made it downright unmanageable. The shampoo leaves my hair feeling a little dry while I'm still in the shower, but using the conditioner afterward detangles it nicely. After about 5 uses my hair was noticeably softer, smoother, less frizzy and more manageable. On the downside, while the bottles are pretty, they are unwieldy and, of course, it costs a fortune. While I like it, the cost will probably keep me from buying it for myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, this conditioner was a real disappointment. At over thirty dollars a bottle I expected an experience, but it just doesn't deliver. It's very difficult to get out of the odd, though pretty, shaped bottle. It just didn't do anything remarkable for my hair. I get much better results from the John Frieda products that I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Cavier Volume shampoo and conditioner but have been 'lemming' the truffle range for a while but could't justify the price! So got it from a trusted Ebay seller!!

Have to say I really like it - I don't use it every shampoo as its a little rich for my hair but as a weekly treat. Leaves me hair light, shiny and bouncy. Only complaint is trying to get it out the pretty but impractical bottle! The conditioner is very thick so it can be a faff to try and get it out of the bottle which has a very narrow neck.

Is it worth the money.....not sure!
Its a very nice conditioner but the price is ridiculous - I have said I will buy again but only if I can get it at a good price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice conditioner... just 'nice'. It has moderate slip and doesn't smell offensive (just light and clean I suppose). But that's about where the positives end for me. In the shower, the matching shampoo left me with significant tangling... and this conditioner did an OK job at removing them - but again, just okay. It doesn't have a lot of slip to be a GOOD detangler even though it contains Dimethicone. Alterna claims this conditioner contains full spectrum UV protection which, if true, is good to know!! It's very expensive... $36 for a 10oz bottle. It's nice but for the price I expect better. I certainly didn't 'observe extraordinary results after just one use' like Alterna claimed I would ;-) I'm glad I received a decant in swap - I defintely wouldn't buy this nor would I really recommend it to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Klassiklady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didnt worked on my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a "because I'm worth it" whim. Turns out I was worth it but the conditioner wasn't. It's a fairly good conditioner but certainly nothing out of the ordinary or even remotely better than a drugstore brand. I would definitely not repurchase. Hopefully it has taught me a lesson on buying into hype. Well, maybe not.