Dove Essential Nutrients Non-Foaming Cleansing Lotion Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2007 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The older foaming version was the best. It cleaned so well that there was no dirt on my cotton ball when I toned after washing with it, and my face had never been more clear and perfect! The newer version is creamier and thicker and leaves a film on the face! I don't know why they had to change a perfectly good product!

on 4/11/2007 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG. they aren't discontinuing it... they are "improving" it... I just bought the new stuff today... it feels more creamy than the original one. After my first try, I say so far so good (fingers crossed)

on 4/26/2006 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This was just too heavy and greasy for me--and this is coming from someone who uses the oil-based Burt's Bees Orange Essence Cleanser in the winter. It felt like it didn't cleaning my face at all and, moreover, left behind a disgusting film after rinsing. Sometimes I feel like Cetaphil gentle cleanser (or the drugstore equivalent thereof) isn't doing enough of a job cleaning, but I think even that product does a better job than this one (and doesn't leave the heavy greasy film behind).

on 1/11/2006 8:36:00 PM

I hate to be the voice of dissent here, but this broke me out pretty badly! The first time I bought it, I tried it and broke out. I shoved the product under my sink and promptly forgot about it. Then, last week, I tried it a second time when I found it again. (I had actually forgotten that it had caused problems the first time!) Once again, it was zit city. I have combo/dry skin and am fairly acne prone during hormonal flare-ups, but this really exacerbates the problem. Otherwise, the cleanser feels pretty nice and doesn't dry out my skin. Too bad :(

on 9/28/2005 8:31:00 AM

theyre discontinuing this? noooo this is my HG cleanser. did not break me out and this cured me of my small itchy bumps..

on 11/29/2004 4:21:00 PM

Great stuff. Cleans effectively without stripping or irritation, and is quite efficient at removing makeup -- even non-waterproof mascara (mineral oil is high up on the ingredient listing.) Love the fact that it's unscented -- kudos to Dove for not adding useless perfume to a facial cleanser. I cringe when I see scented cleansers marketed to sensitive skintypes. I also adore the flip-top packaging, as I am steadfast in my refusal to buy any cleansing produt that isn't packaged in a flip-top container. I've had one too many messy pump dispensers leak all over the place while travelling. This is a definite repurchase. Me - normal to dry, superpale, sensitive, reactive skin. I would not recommend this product for oily skintypes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cleansers can "help" to remove makeup but they don't remove it all so you'll still need Ponds Cold Cream. This cleanser does it's job better than any other cleanser that I have tried. Dove just means Quality. I know people are getting into the towlettes to wash their face but I still can't see using them. This cleanser cleans great, no irritation/redness, no breakouts, clogged pores/oiliness. Leaves your face well balanced, smooth, and silky. This is a Winner!!!

on 10/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser! I have very dry skin with eczema, and I had been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. The Dove non-foaming cleanser has a much more pleasant texture, and doesn't seem to be drying or irritating. I add a tiny but of water and it suds up a bit.

on 7/29/2004 4:00:00 PM

I love this facial wash. I use it every morning and Dove soap at night. It doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry.

on 6/28/2004 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is very thick and creamy. Leaves my face feeling filmy and not "clean." I didn't find it to be very effective removing regular mascara (not waterproof). Even a light coating requires several washings. Other reviewers have commented that it does effectively remove makeup, so I'm not sure why I haven't had similar results, perhaps it works better when applied to a dry face (I splash water on my face first.) My skin is dry and this is gentle, not a bad cleanser in the winter or when I have no makeup to remove.

Popular Face Skincare Products