Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo

3.7

Aqua / Water / Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Betaine, Parfum / Fragrance, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Peg-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Aci

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

*First impression*
I have thin, fairly straight hair but I have lots of it :P So I've been using this shampoo for 3 days now and this is what I've concluded so far: I love the smell of the shampoo. It makes your hair super, SUPER soft and shiny. It helped with my dandruff. What I don't like about this shampoo is the fact that it weighs down my hair and makes it look a little bit oily even after just drying it. I've been putting a little bit of dry shampoo around the perimeter of my hair after
I wash it and dry it, because that's where I get oily most, and that seems to help. I do really like the shampoo but I'm torn. I will finish it, but I will not be repurchasing. I think instead I'll go for the dandruff shampoo by Kiehl's or I'll try another one, because the brand is great.

I love Kiehl's as a brand but this shampoo did not work for me. I liked the faint coconut scent and the creamy lather, but it left my fine hair feeling really limp and weighed down. By the end of the day, I already felt like I needed to wash my hair again. Drier hait types may have better luck with this...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have somewhat oily, fine, thick, shoulder-length hair. I tried this at a friend's house and loved it, so purchasing this product was a complete splurge. This shampoo does foam, but doesn't suds up as much as other shampoos. Since it doesn't suds up, it doesn't spread as easily, so I apply it in two sections. I follow this with the accompanying conditioner. These two products combined leave my hair smooth, feeling healthy, and clean. My hair has never felt so good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of the good reviews; I have wavy, unruly, frizzy hair. This weighs my hair down and it makes it more frizzy; also it feels like I've got residue in it, even though I've experimented with various styling products/no styling product - the results are the same. Massive disappointment considering the price. I've had better results from the cheapest shampoos.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

My hair absolutely loves this shampoo, I have locks and have used this shampoo on and off for a very long time. I find it leaves my hair moisturised enough that I don't need to condition. Love this product!

Amazing product! Gently but deep cleanses hair makes my hair feel fresh,its not a good idea for ppl with flat hair since it flats down a bit just the slightest,for a basic shampoo that just cleanses,its awesoms! Smells like coconut too!

I finished up a regular sized bottle of this, and have repurchased a large size of this. During my younger years I always used drugstore shampoos like Pantene and Herbal Essences. As I got older I moved onto higher end shampoos like l'Oreal Professional and Rusk, eventually venturing into Japanese brands like Shiseido. When I first started using those brands, I loved how silky soft my hair felt and how easy it was to run my fingers through my long hair. I realized that although my hair was shiny and straight, it was flat and would get oily very quickly so I was washing my hair everyday. I didn't like this shampoo at first because it didn't give me that same silky feeling, but now I can't go back to those shampoos I used previously.

This shampoo is silicone free and paraben free. It is not sulfate free, but the sulfates in it are much gentler than the ones in regular shampoos. I think the main culprit is silicone. It is the ingredient that would coat my hair making feel silky and soft, but on the flip side, it was preventing other nutrients from getting in and it was creating buildup. So while my hair would feel soft, it wasn't really that healthy, and I also had to wash my hair more often because there was all this stuff sitting in my roots. Since I've switched to this shampoo, I only need to wash my hair every 3 days and I don't get any flakes. My hair has more volume and is smooth and healthy.

The product itself is kind of like a thick gel and you don't need very much product. It has a nice and gentle coconut smell and it does lather up. I always shampoo my hair twice when I wash it - the first time to wash out the products and gunk, and the second time for a good clean. The first shampoo it will not lather up much, but the second time I will get a good lather. The bottle is nothing fancy, and the price is pretty expensive but I try to wait for promotions to pick it up!

This stuff is nice & mild and leaves my hair soft and smooth. I use it with Kiehl's Amino Acid Conditioner and/or Conditioner and Grooming Aid Formula 133. I *LOVE* the scent.

I do wish it were more concentrated - for a pricey product I feel like it should last much longer. Since L'Occitane ^%$^%$!ed up their Aromachologie Repairing shamp & cond formulas (AUUUGGGHHH WHY GOD WHYYY), I'll continue re-buy it til I find something I like as well and feel is a better value, though.

shampoo is ok. smells like coconut. makes your hair really shin.

It is an ok shampoo. It is gentle, coconut scented and nicely leathering shampoo, but that's about it. I wanted my hair to look healthier and smoother, but this didn't provide any of that. It somewhat thinned out my hair and made it more tangly. But it is gentle though. And if you like coconut scent, you might like this.