NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 8/17/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This blush is great because i can use this as a blush & slight contour with a light hand, looks beautiful on both me and my mother and we both have different skin tones/ hair color!

on 7/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This was applied to me in Sephora by the MUA and I thought it was lovely. I couldn't buy it right then, as I was trying to exercise some self control. I just remembered how much I loved it and finally got it about a month ago. I've been wearing it every day since and I get lots of compliments. It's gorgeous on me and also is long lasting. If I ever run out, I will repurchase!

on 8/14/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This Lovejoy blush was my first foray into NARS blushes after a decade-plus loyalty to Bobbi Brown. Took a lot of trawling through online swatches to decide which shade I wanted as I don't have access to NARS outlets in Dubai.

I've always worn Bobbi Brown's Tawny and/or Almond, so tend to look for dusky rose to brown hues in my blushes, which go over my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder to add some colour to definition. I wanted to stay along the same theme with my NARS pick.

The product looks like a burnished brown in the pan, with some reddened hues. I was quite perturbed by the sparkles as I wear my blush just under my cheekbones and shadows aren't supposed to sparkle! Fortunately, the glitter hasn't translated to wear so far.

The colour on my skin shows up as a blend between my two Bobbi Brown blush shades, so I was happy. The texture of the pressed powder is a lot looser than what I'm used to, so I picked up a shocking amount on my brush during my first use. On application, the powder is also chalkier than Bobbi Brown, but this makes it easier to blend as the powder doesn't immediately stick to my skin for good.

Durability is good, and I don't experience any fading (worn over non-foundation/primed oily skin) for 10+ hours.

I also bought Dolce Vita and can't wait to try it out.

on 8/5/2014 3:32:00 PM

I don't really use blush anymore. I used to always use light pinks, tbh. But when a pro mua introduced this beautiful bronzey red-pink to me, I had to try it! It's very pigmented and gives me an amazing glow. BUT APPLY THIS WITH A LIGHT HAND! This is a very pigmented product (all Nars blushes are.) And I would recommend anyone this blush!

on 7/17/2014 7:11:00 PM

By far my favourite blush! I am very fair, so I am always told to wear peachy or pink blushes, but I keep coming back to Lovejoy. It adds so much warmth to make face and helps contour my cheek bones. It is a bit on the pricier side, but it last forever and it's worth every penny.

on 4/15/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was laying neglected and unloved in the inactive pile until I pulled it out the other day. This bronzy pink is perfect for getting a summer face without putting on bronzer. For my fair neutral complexion it reads as though I was really in the sun - but in a nice, country farm way. Very fresh faced and very young. I tap a little of the Matte Multiple in Laos on the apple and it makes it all look so natural but attractive at the same time. Finish off with Fresh lip balm in rose petal.

on 3/16/2014 8:21:00 AM

I have several Nars blushes, but this one has quickly become one of my most used. The color is gorgeous. My skin tone is fair with yellow undertones, brown eyes, dark blond hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this blush for several years and I really enjoy the color. To me it is a sunsmooched (more than sunkissed, but not burnt) flushed color. I am fair (Mac matchmaster in 1.0 is best match) with blue green eyes and blonde hair. One reviewer said that this wouldn't look good on blondes, I disagree. This gives me the I spent a week in the tropics doing exciting, slightly dangerous things look. The glitter doesn't read obnoxious IMO. I find this blush to be beautiful on my cheeks and unique to my collection and to most available makeup lines, which is why I would repurchase. Is it my everyday blush? No, but it gets worn at least once a month. I can't say that about 80% of my blushes (current count is around 30, eek!!). I personally love the look, but it's not for everyone. Most people just want a "pink" blush, not a blush that reminds one of escapades on the beach. :)

on 10/10/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is a wonderful blush and the formula is great as most nars blushes are, but the color didn't flatter my nc25-ish skin tone. It just seemed to pull a little too red on me and in addition to the shimmer, it wasn't a good combo for me.

on 2/20/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush. I bough it last spring and neglected it since because it looked so dark and brown in the pan but recently I fished it out of my drawer and tried it with a fan brush and it looks so beautiful. You really need a light hand when applying it to give you a rosy bronze look. So beautiful for olive skin tones and perfect for the summer. The gold shimmer also makes your cheeks look ethereal. I probably wouldn't buy it again because this would last me a long time and if I ever do run out (which Would probably be in a few year), I think I'd want to try other Nars blushes.

Top Rated NARS Products