December 23, 2014 | 1423 users online

Pressed Powders - Stephane Marais - Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by yazzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It has such a natural finish. I have never got so many complements on my skin until i started using this. It is the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by haruchan

I have this is #0 and it's become a recent staple in my makeup bag. I love that it has both a matte finishing powder and a shimmery powder that I can use to highlight my cheeks after I've applied my usual blush. I don't use the included sponge as I prefer the finish that I get with a brush. The powder is very finely milled, silky and lasts quite well although I have to blot after a few hours as my skin is very oily. The shimmery half of the powder has a very delicate, fine shimmer that is not too obvious and gives me a lovely glowy finish and not in-your-face bling that emphasises my pores. Fortunately I got a back-up of this when Barneys had their 50% off sale when SM was being discontinued. This is definitely one of the better products that I've tried from SM.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I already love stephane marais products and recently got my hand on this and LOVE LOVE it ! Perfection. So finely milled, with a shimmer and matte side, the compact is beautiful, I wear #1 (Im an nc 30-35)!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Lutskis1

I absolutely adore this powder as I see others do as well...I actually received it as a gift in a wedding "goody bag" and am now realizing that as I hit the bottom of the pan I can't find it anywhere. Is it true that this is no longer available for purchase? Does anyone have any ideas or information on where I might be able to get my hands on some more? Thank you in advance!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 5:18:00 PM More reviews by midgetcoconut

Dang. Why did Stephane Marais have to be pulled?! This is my HG pressed powder. I love that the pan is split into a matte side and a shimmery side. The shimmery side is nice - but over-the-top shimmer but just enough to make you look luminous. Most pressed powders seem to make my face look a bit dull.

The powder is finely milled too and the little sponge applicator that comes with it isn't half bad for touch ups either. One of the few pressed powders not to 'grab' on the drier bits of my face. Sometimes I swirl my MAC #187 brush over the pan and use it to set my foundation as well.

If you can get your hands on this product, it's well worth a try. As for me, I'll be using it sparingly until the horrible day when I 'hit pan' arrives!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by shortarts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am just coming to the end of my pressed powder after six months of using it every day. I did panic when the pan started to show after a couple of weeks but it lasted for ages after that and didn't break up like lesser powders do. What can I add? I agree this is an excellent powder and I will keep buying this again and again! Just be careful if you buy this or anything else in space NK - have had several problems with them giving me the wrong shade of products I ask for (because you can't pick it off the display yourself - they have to get it out of the stock cupboard)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2005 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rosie11

I'll admit that I was taken by the quirky packaging, and as I was looking for a luminising product, it fit the bill, However, although I'm quite pale, the lightest shade that I got is just not flattering to my skintone. It looks ghostly and actually makes me look worse. I kept perservering, but it's just not worth the money, I'm sorry to say.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 4:25:00 AM More reviews by msjene

The packaging is so beautiful...very hip, not tacky. I purchased #2 Beige which is a very nice yellow/neutral toned beige with a matte/sheer side and a shimmery/sheer side. I would say that this would be for a medium-medium/dark skin tone. I use the O2 creme foundation and this was too dark. I'm going to purchase the #0 Translucent next time. It has a nice texture though, very soft and sheer. I prefer my Christian Dior Diorskin powder foundation, but this would make a lovely touch up powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 2:34:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I got this powder to go along with my foundation and at first, I was thinking about returning it because of the cost but I noticed that when I use this powder, my t-zone doesn't get as oily and I don't look too obviously made it. I usually dip my brush on the matte side to do my whole face and then use the shimmery side to highlight my cheeks. The powder is not chalky at all and blends so well into my skin. I use shade 0 and am generally the 2nd or 3rd lightest shade in most ranges. It is a bit expensive but it's lasting pretty well for me so I think this one is a definite keeper =) Plus, the packaging is so unique!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 5:18:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an EXCELLENT pressed powder as far as texture goes. Very finely milled, it becomes one with your skin, one cannot notice it on and does a great job evening out your tone. It does not enhance lines too! So it could be HG material except that:
1. It does not offer any color options (there are just two colors: one is very light for me/ one is way too dark)
2. There's berely enough product in there: I've used it like 10 times and I am starting to see the pan!!!!! For the price you pay, this is obsurd!

However if I could find a color to match me, I would repurchase because of its texture. It's sad I have to give such a bad rating for a good product but I cannot help it! continued >>