August 27, 2014 | 1753 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Nocturnelle

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Soft Ochre paint pot (base), then a sheer wash of Orb on the lid, golden e/s (i use Gilty Morsel with a light hand on the 2/3 of the lid) and finally Nocturnelle on the crease. Blend out any harsh edges with Orb and reapply a light wash of a metallic golden e/s (e.g. Nylon).
My eyes pop without looking bruised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I hated this eyeshadow. I don't know why I bought it. I think the MAC SA used this as a liner or crease color on one of the looks she did on me. Now, purple is my favorite color, so I thought I'd love this. But no matter what I tried to do with it it was just too.. dark and not the shade of purple for me. Blending it was also a task, I'm guessing because it's a frost.
It's true it's a warm purple, but it's too dark for me. No matter what I did with it, my eyes just looked bruised or like I hadn't slept. All around bad color for me - and I'm not sure what my undertone is. I guess it's olive, warm and in some places on my face, it's neutral.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I just love wearing purple eyeshadows - my favourites are MAC Trax and Satellite Dreams, Urban Decay Fishnet and NARS Habanera. I wanted a shade that would give my eye looks more depth in the outer corner, so I settled for Nocturnelle. It's a lovely purple-violet that's neutral in that it doesn't lean too warm nor cold, it just adapts to your eyeshadow. The pigmentation is decent, definitely not the best, but good enough for application purposes. As it's a Frost it has a slight shimmer, which I like. Nice addition to my purple collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Trying to figure out how to make my green eyes pop when I just happened to be wearing a dark green wig, I picked up Nocturnelle and thickly lined my top lid with it. I then got compliments on how amazing my eyes looked all day. Not to say that you need a green wig to wear this colour, but it does do crazy things for green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous warm purple color that would suit a wide variety of skin tones. It has slight pinkish undertones but is still a subtle and wearable purple and not over-the-top at all. Paired it with Embark in the crease and it made for a great plummy smokey eye. As always with MAC it is very creamy and lasts all day too. Definitely one to have in the arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NC25 and have Hazel eyes. I usually don't wear purple eyeshadow, although I know that it can make my eyes pop, but I just always felt like it didn't suit me anyway.
But then I tought I'd give it a try and got Nocturnelle.
I think it's a pretty color and it doesn't look too bad on me, but it doesn't have the "WOW-factor" either. Also it's pretty poorly pigmented, I can barely get any color on my lids without really rubbing my brush into the pan to the point where I fear my poor MAC 239 might break or lose its shape or something.
But once it's on it's ok, I usually use this with Sketch, which I bought along with Nocturnelle. (Sketch is a hit, btw, despite it being a purple, too).
I wouldn't say it's a terrible eyeshadow, I could cope with the poor pigmentation, I usually don't mind it that much as long as it's buildable, but in this case since the color isn't really worth the effort, I don't find myself reaching for this very often.
(Another factor might be that I'm more the neutral kind of girl, who never knows what clothes to wear with colorful e/s)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by shanpearce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

First things first, I recently did a review for MAC's cremesheen lipstick in the shade of 'Hang Up', and I said that I would do a review for a matching eyeshadow... so here it is!
I went into my local MAC store just after Christmas, looking for a fresh new face of makeup products to create a kind of vampy/gothic look, and once I had told the MUA what I had in mind, she showed me this eyeshadow and I was in love!
Nocturnelle is such a beautiful colour to wear, with a slightly aubergine tinge to it, it can be applied lightly for a soft purple look or applied heavily for a pretty gothic twist! I often use this eyeshadow along with the MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (which I will review soon!) and it just gives my eyes a wonderful blast of gothical colour! I am currently MAC foundation shade NC20 and so this product does look very 'in your face' on me, but that is exactly what I want!
This eyeshadow in particular stays on well during the day and can be toned down or up depending on what other colour you use with it. And for only 12 in the UK stores, this eyeshadow should be a must-have for everyone who is wanting to have a change of face so to speak!
If like me you want a change-up of make-up looks, I definitely suggest going for a vampy/gothic look by buying MAC Nocturnelle eyeshadow and MAC cremesheen lipstick in shade Hang Up!

I hope this review has helped you and if you want to see my MAC Hang Up review, click onto my profile! - Shannon x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Nocturnelle is a warm purple shade, which am not too sure what yo say about...hmmm..

The pigmentation is quite poor and it really looks just blah on me. I don't find myself going for this shade a lot. I look at it and am at loss...I try to experiment with it and I go further at loss..hehehe...

Doesn't blend so well too, and goes on kindda...streaky? Or perhaps patchy is the word for it.

This is just blah and I'd give it two lippies...giving it three though in case I'm the one not knowing how to use it. I'll keep trying with it and we'll see how things go...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite purple from MAC. I really like the color, which is a deep, slightly warm purple... but i must admit, it's a bit difficult to blend when compared to other MAC shadows. I never use this for a lid color because it can show up a little patchy, but it works great in the outer V and crease. I am a NC25 for reference and I think it looks great with my skintone... it also makes me green eyes really stand out. I've done a couple different looks with this on my blog, so for pics check it out:

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SaraMaquillaje

This did not work for me. It lacks pigment and, on top of it, it has some warm undertones that make me look sick when I wear it.

I have NC15 skin (fair with neutral/cool undertones) and dark brown eyes and hair. Purple is a color that normally flatters me in both clothes and eyeshadows, but I hadn't realized that of course there are blue purples and red purples.

NC coloring like mine should go for blue purples (like satellite dreams for example) and NW should go for the red purples such as nocturnelle. Unknowingly, I had always been attracted to the blue purples and this one was my first mistake in that sense.

If you have cool undertones, DON'T BUY THIS!
If you have warm undertones, the texture is still horrible, but if you are an application godess you might make it work. so think about it very well...
If you don't know what your undertone is, YOU NEED TO FIND OUT NOW. The best advice I got was to just go to your wardrobe and check if you have more white or cream/earth tones. If you look better in white, you have cool undertones. If you look better in cream, you have warm ones. Only get clothes and makeup that matches your undertones. This is so important! (I would have never bought Nocturnelle)...