December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Lip Gloss - Dior - Addict Lip Gloss- A Desire for Sweets- 091

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mango_girl

Nothing special. I was expecting more from Dior. The lip gloss is below average. I've put it on , and it was uneven, sticky, and didn't look so great, it looked unnatural, and it only lasted for an hour or so.

Expensive product, it doesn't live up to its name!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

A Desire for Sweets looked like a pretty rose shade in the tube but applied sheerly without much pigment. Pretty shade but won't repurchase as I have other pink lip gloss shades I prefer over this one, and many more I want to try! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I recieved this as a gift, and I was so happy! The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous packaging, then the cutest name!
This lip gloss is not too sticky, and has that signature Dior fragrance.
The color is actually very pale, pinkish lilac so if i wear it alone, my actual lips are a darker pink underneath!
I don't know if it's worth the money, but I am a sucker for Dior.

I would buy this, but maybe if it's on sale..

Update - I recently started wearing this again. Looking closely, this contains not only silver shimmer, but also blue shimmer. It doesn't last very long, but it's so pretty I find myself happily reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sushi_victim

hmm..Dior Addict LE? I had to buy this, as so many of us did. I wouldnt say Im disappointed, but im nowhere near impressed either. Its a lovely sheer pink/lilac with sparkly flecks. It looks a lot more pink in the tube, a really lovely color, but its a lot more lilac imo. I would love this gloss a lot more if it showed up more on my lips. But im not complaining, because it is quite pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2003 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

I waited so long for it to get launched in Australia - and it's totally worth it. It's the only purplish shade (apart from GA lip shimmer #4 which is different) I can wear that doesn't make my teeth look yellow since I have yellow undertones (Bloom Twinkle lip lacquer is a darker version of this and while it's a pretty color that lasts, I couldn't go out without feeling self-conscious about my teeth). Doesn't last very long though. Lucky it's LE - wouldn't be tempted to repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel so deceived!! This looked like a complex shimmering light pink in the store, but getting it home in normal lighting, it's a very, very sheer lavender. Just SO not my color. And it's a $22 lipgloss!! WAY too high. I have to tell you, this looks like clear gloss on me, maybe a slight hint of lavender, which I hate on my lips, but there's no quenching enhancement like with Chanel Crystal Blue Glossimer or anything whatsoever to merit spending $22 on this gloss.Kudos to Dior for removing the offensive odor that the first set of these came out with. Boo hiss to the stupid names that I can't remember and how they are only marked with numbers on the display stand. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by diorcherie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the reviewer below me. I simply purchased this because its Dior, limited edition, and a new color (when will I ever learn?!?). Sadly, I hate this color when used alone...it makes my lips look grey and my complexion washed, not attractive at all. However, since I also purchased Dior Rouge l/s in Ingenue Pink with this, I decided to layer them. In this case, the color is nice and gives a pretty lilac sheen to the pink l/s. Am I glad I bought this? No. Will I use it? Probably not as much as my Lick of Taffy l/g. It'll migrate towards the back of my makeup collection, but it's nice to look at (if you find lip gloss amusing to look at I suppose) and it works well when applied over some l/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 6:26:00 PM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This addict lipgloss isn't something to go "wow" over or run after just because it's LE (as I did :P). It's a sheer lilac pink with pink/lilac/silver shimmer that is subtle. On my pigmented lips, it gives a very slight lilac tint. It's not something I would use often. Might go with certain lipsticks or lipliners, but I've only tried it on by itself. I will update if I find good combinations. So why did I purchase this one??--hmmm because it's CD, LE, shimmery, and the packaging is beautiful :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2003 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is probably my favourite Addict lip gloss so far. Unfortunately, it is also limited edition for the '03 Autumn collection.

A Desire for Sweets (also the cutest name!) is a beautiful sheer sparkly pink, with a hint of lilac. Doesn't give much colour, just a hint with high shine. This is such a pretty shade, great for layering or wearing on it's own for a really innocent, feminine look. continued >>