July 25, 2014 | 1585 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Queen Helene - Mango and Coco Butter Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

A little over $3 for this massive bottle. Love it! I use it every day on my legs and it leaves them smooth and supple. I love the smell of mango and itís not overly sweet or strong either. Such a bargain with this body lotion and the brand has a good reputation for skincare so you have nothing to lose in investing your cash on this product :>

The only complaint I can that some people might bring up is that itís not a pump so you have you actually flip the whole bottle over to get some product out. Itís a bit heavy I guess. I donít mind but for those who do Ė just buy a plastic lotion bottle from target and fill Ďer up with this stuff for easier application :>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by kalichk5rabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been in love with this lotion for years. I adore the subtle fruity-cocoa scent and the fact that this moisturizes without sitting on top of your skin. It's perfect for whole-body moisturizing right after I get out of the shower. I apply it when my skin is slightly damp and it makes it SOO soft.

This used to be carried at my local WalMart, but now I can only find the regular cocoa butter lotion there. Just a forewarning for those of you who are thinking about purchasing this online (where you can't smell before buying): I found what I thought was a really great deal and stocked up several bottles...after going through two of the five I bought, I found that two of the bottles went rancid. The lotion looked fine but smelled NASTY! I had to throw them out. Luckily I've found that Sally Beauty Supply carries the Mango/Cocoa Butter lotion, so I can always find them there.

Give this a try, you won't be sorry...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so love this and use it as a hand cream primarily. Great scent but not overbearing. Perfect for the tough-to-please hands as it moisturizes them well, yet sinks in with no bothersome after-feel. This works as well as any high-priced cream I've used in the past (hello L'Occitane, $28 a tube!) :)
So many pluses beyond that it works: I get it at Family Dollar for less than $2. It's good for the economy as it's made in the US! Their products/ingredients are not tested on animals!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MrsSeacrest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The smell is sort of gross but works good on dry hands. Not greasy and absorbs quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A decent product, and I'll use the tube I have up, but it's really nothing astounding.

First of all, I like the scent of this mango version more than regular cocoa butter; it's lighter and less "fakey." I found the lotion itself slightly greasy, and I really had to rub it to get it to soak in to my skin.

In terms of moisturization, this product is just "okay." I have super-dry skin in the winter, and it barely makes a dent in it. It's nice as a post-shower lotion in the summer, however, thanks to its light moisturization and its scent.

On the upside, I really like the bottle with the little flip-top, which generally prevents me from pouring too much out, and you can't argue with $3 for 16 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

Add me to the lovers of this lotion. You get a ridiculous amount for the price and it often goes on sale, In fact, there's a $1 off coupon in the Sally's mailer right now. It makes my skin feel really soft and the moisture lasts better than most body lotions. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a residue no matter how much you use. I mean, this lotion does just about anything you need a lotion to do and it doesn't have much of a smell. I'm definitely replacing it when it runs out. I've had mine for a couple of months and use it every time I get out of the shower and there still some left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lotion moisturized well and is non-greasy. Although the scent is a little strong for me, it's still a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by JessAriel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lotion, seriously, I can not stop sniffing myself. It smells amazing, is dirt cheap for a HUGE quantity, and is very moisturizing. Literally the first cold day of the season, my skin gets overly dry, cracked, and my hands host a little eczema city. The first time I used this lotion my skin was very moisturized all over, but what surprised me the most was my hands - they're pretty much healed... and almost NOTHING works on my hands in the winter. Deffinitly great stuff, will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this accidentally thinking it was my favorite Queen Helene Cocoa butter lotion, but I am a fan of this one too. The scent is great, it's a fruity cocoa scent that reminds me of a chocolate covered gummy bear. As with all of the Queen Helene lotions I have used, this is very moisturizing, absorbs quickly, lasts all day, and leaves my skin super soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, I'll keep it short, sweet and to the point. $3.99 for 32 oz. (1 quart) (144 ml). Smells good, moisturizes really well. The only problem is the cap can make you squirt too much out, you might want to unscrew it and just pour some in your hand. The first two ingredients are Water and Mineral Oil but the ingredient list is one of the shorter ones I've seen on moisturizer and the Cocoa Butter and Mango appear somewhere in the middle of the ingredient list. You really cannot beat the price for this HUGE azz bottle. Should last me quite a long time and I do plan to re-purchase. Leaves skin nice and smooth and the scent does not interfere with other perfumes and such.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No