November 23, 2014 | 2112 users online

Cleansers - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Mascara Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2004 5:26:00 AM More reviews by LynG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yuck!! Smells like motor oil! I also hate the thick, oily consistency and the fact that it takes a lot of swipes to get my Maybelline waterproof mascara (sky high curves) out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by benny316

Is it just my opinion that Maybelline's mascara remover should at least be able to remove its own mascara? Because it definitely doesn't. Every time I use this product, I have to continue to scrape the mascara and liner off my eyes with a dry towel, and it certainly doesn't help that I can't see straight for the rest of my night-time beauty routine. My eyelids are greasy after using this product, and my eyes sting when I wake-up, like I've got grease and mascara in them. This is no better than using baby oil, which supposedly has ingredients in it that aren't supposed to go anywhere near your eyes. Plain old water would be superior to this crud. Buyer beware.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 6:18:00 AM More reviews by mithril

I have absolutly no experience with eyemakeup removers as this was the first iv'e bought, but i know that this product is completely crap. Ok, so it does remove most of my waterproof mascara, but not without being so oily that i wake up the next morning with remaining mixture of oil and mascara settled into lines that i didn't even know i had!! Once i accidently got a little bit into my eye and couldn't see properly through it for about 15 minutes. Undoubtedly the worst product i have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2004 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lilomui

I say, don't bother wasting your money on this.

It takes me at least 2-3 times to take my waterproof mascura off, plus afterwards your eyes feel really sticky and greasty (I guess thats the "moisturizing" part huh?) Eh...not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by stak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is supposed to "gently remove all waterproof eye makeup". The instructions say to hold a saturated cotton ball or whatever on your eye for 5 seconds, then wipe off. I find it takes way longer than that to remove my waterproof mascara, and I need to rub much more vigorously than my rapidly-aging eye area can bear. And it's greasy (or "moisturizing", I suppose). I'll use it up, but will try something else before buying it again. If I remember correctly, it was dirt cheap, at least.