August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - WetSlicks lipgloss - Fire Fly

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's my favorite Wetslicks! Since it's discontinued, I bought two on Ebay and I constantly use it. It's the right shade of red. When matched with a lip liner, it's to die for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is a great lipgloss. Really moisturizing. The color is really striking. You have to be careful to keep it in your lip lines otherwise it looks bad. I never use it by itself. i tend to swish it over the top of my lipstick or whatever color im wearing to add more color and it makes my teeth look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Katlanta

Love this color. I like to layer it over a too-red lipstick I got to tone it down for my cool skintone, which still being a gorgeous bold red color. It stays well, has a good texture, and I love the color. I tend to play up my eyes, but sometimes I cannot help but using this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

I love this gloss! It brightens up my skin and even makes my teeth look whiter. I generally prefer to play up my eyes and leave my lips a more nude/sheer color. However...I adore bright lipstick and I have a tendency to put on bright red lipstick when I'm not even going out, just to lift my spirits and make me feel glam (especially during winter!!) This gloss is great because it's not just true red, there's a decent amount of pink, which doesn't look tacky against my cool-neutral skin tone.

This gloss is nice and moisturizing, and not sticky, unless you put a ton on. Also, you can layer it to get the amount of "pop" that you want. I know some of the reviews say that it's too bright, but if you just kinda dab the applicator along the rim of the tube, you can get a smaller amount that's a bit more understated for daytime wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by julstech

I've been wearing this for at least 4 hours now and I haven't needed to reapply. It did leave some slight marks on my drinking glass and bled into the corners of my mouth so I would recommend a lipliner. This color is a bit too dark for my liking. I prefer a more subtle lip so I applied the Bubble Gum color in this line over the Fire Fly color. A lovely mix and more suitable for day wear IMO. Probably the only l/g I've tried yet that didn't feel sticky at all. I can't wait to try all the other colors I purchased. I bought this for $5.99 USD in CVS. Standard l/g packaging, nothing special but the tube is clear so you know how much you have left.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This color was definitely not for me! It is very dark and less glossy than I expected. Perhaps if Cover Girl made it more sheer then it would be more appropriate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have one other Wetslicks which is very nude (mauvalicious), and this was the other color which was "recommended" for my skin tone.

i am GGG, asian and this color is just okay on me. i love reds, orange ones and darker toned blue ones, but this one is sort of middle of the road light blue red with shimmer. it's better if you have a bit of a base underneath, otherwise, it can be very streaky. love the wetslicks texture and moisturizing quality.

Update: I just tossed this one out. What is the point of a so-so glossy lipgloss that has to go over a lipstick base? I can get better from a moisturizing lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this medium, bright, warm toned red. It looks surprisingly fabulous with my neutral/cool toned pale skin. I just need to blot it a little with a tissue. I would like to try this with L'oreal's lipstick in Penelope's Red (bright red with a slight orange undertone). NYC New York Color's Sheer Red (neutral red with a brown base). or Revlon's Love That Red (classic true red). Love all Wetslicks lip glosses and especially this one. I would more than likely repurchase unless I find something else even more totally amazing..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It makes me look happy! It's a great red-pink color (more red than pink). The gloss is not sticky and smells like cake! However, it doesn't last very long. I don't mind reapplying, just because I love the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ham1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color did not blend enough and looked the lip gloss made my lips look like they were bleeding. I should have used a sheer lip balm like Softlips first, and this. The color is way too red, and looks better for a nice date, but way too intense and trashy for the day.