October 2, 2014 | 945 users online

Masks - Ahava - Purifying Mud Mask- Oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried freeman masks, and i think this AHAVA mask beats them at quality and smell.

First off, this mask have a slight fragrance that many might not approve of. However, comparing it to Freeman masks, the fragrance of the AHAVA mask did not sting the eyes. And that, is makes me feel like this mask is really natural with no funny manmade chemiccals in it.

Moving on, this mask, used with the other AHAVA treat range did amazing things to improve my acne. The acne on my forehead was the first to go. Then my right cheek and now my left. I still have leftover scars which is pretty discerning. And occasional breakouts here and there cause of my long-day makeup. But, that said. AHAVA did an amazing job in my acne disapperance. I have smooth skin now, with brown acne patches waiting to disappear too.

These are the products I'm using under them:
ALL IN ONE TONING CLEANSER: Cleans makeup off well. They use these in the facial treatments they provide. They do 2 rounds to get rid of the makeup. Will restock when finish
Eye Makeup Remover: Really good. Does its job better than Estee Lauder Eye makeup remover. Will restock when finish
Purifying Mud Exfoliator: I restocked this twice. This stuff is amazing. I bought the Men version for my brother, and he loves it too. It might be a little rough.. But I thought it was a good effective scrub. Skin is brighter after scrub. No kidding.
RICH CLEANSING CREAM: This was the first I used in all the range, together with the Mask and the exfoliator. It's pretty good, creamy and all. But when i started using the mud soap bar, I quit using this. One was because of the price, two, was because the bar of soap was amazing. It is what I think truly quickened the process of acne disappearance.
COMFORTING CREAM: I am not a fan of moisturizing my skin. So I just use this for the sick of using it. It gets absorbed quickly. And it doesnt linger and clog the skin (Clinique one does it. I hate it) It does not reduce redness that much. But it doesnt cause the acne to inflame either. so I guess its ok? Might restock.. might not.
DEAD SEA OSMOTER CONCENTRATE: I use this as and when i feel like it. I use it when my face is way too dry. and yes. It does brighten up the skin really quickly. Good base for makeup. Though, i dont think it's meant to be a base.
PURIFYING MUD SOAP: This is the bar soap I mentioned earlier. Freakin' awesome. It's practically 3 times cheaper than the creamy face wash. And it does its job! My face is squeeky clean after each wash! I bring this on my long backpacking trips too cause it's just a bar of soap, and can double as body wash. Convenience at its best.
LIQUID DEAD SEA SALT: This... I have no idea why I bought it? Just thought perhaps it's cool? Not too sure. I was told this helps to remove dead skin cells from the body. And it helps in circulation of the blood? It also claims to draw toxins out of the body. I really dont get this thing. I've used it 2 times since the past 3 months. and have no idea what it really does. Then again, I keep forgetting to observe.
MINERAL BODY LOTION: This stuff has the best fragrance ever. I use this whenever I am out with my boyfriend cause this thing just blows his mind away. He can't stop holding me and kissing me. And he says my skin is much softer than previously (Was using Jergens before this.)

LIGHT FOUNDATION: I love their makeup range. It's the right skin colour. (im a fair skinned asian) and it covers up my terrible acne marks without clogging my skin. This is by far the best makeup ever. I can't believe they're stopping their range! I have recently bought their entire stock... And I think it can only last me about another 6 months! :( I hope AHAVA reads this and doesn't kill their makeup range!!!!!

Hope this helps! I heard if AHAVA is good for you, it works wonders, and if it's bad... well, it really is the opposite. So do get a sample and try on your neck first!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Mommamego91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. I did not. It does nothing for me. I leave it on until it dries, because 2 minutes (like it says in the directions) just does not seem long enough for it to actually do anything. No matter how long I leave it on, it does nothing for me. It was a waste of my time and energy to use this product, and I've tried it several times in hopes that it would work.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

When I first bought this mask, I was SO delighted! It was amazing. Sometimes it was a bit difficult to get the product out of the tube, but ok, I liked it.
So, when I ran out of it, I bought a new one. The saleslady told me that it was a new formula, but is was pretty much the same.
When I first tried this 'new formula', my face got really itchy and there were bumps all over my face! I wasn't sure if it was the mask, our the new cleanser I just used.
One week later, I tried it again. Same problem.

I am really disappointed in the new formula. I liked this mask sooo much.. But now it seems that I have developed an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients.
Too bad..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I received a generous sample of this. It's similar to my Aztec Healing Clay. When I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen to mix my ACV with the Aztec clay I use this. It provides a nice tingly sensation. I don't do it full face. Just my T-zone or problem areas. Sometimes just my nose and chin. Does a nice job sucking out pores and drying out zits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This is ok. It's not bad. I didn't react. It makes me feel good after I use it. But I don't feel it does all that much. St. Ives and Montagne Jeunesse are cheaper and basically do the same thing. I sort of feel the pure Dead Sea mud might actually be better...? I haven't tried it from the package, just at the Dead Sea once so who knows. I just think for the price I won't be buying it again.

Update: After using it a few more times it also sometimes burned, but not in a good way, in like, I'm digging into that open spot and drying it out so it will never heal kind of burn. I moved and ended up not keeping it after paying about $30 and having it for years. So def not going to pay for it again. Too harsh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mask did nothing for me, i left it for a bit more than 5 minutes instead of the 2 minutes recommended but it is way to gentle, didn't cleared up my skin and i think it even left me new pimples!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

For something this expensive, it does nothing. I used the entire thing up, and still to the very end, it didn't improve my skin at all. It didn't make me less oily nor did it clear any break outs or acne I had. I would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this stuff. After philosophy's purity made simple gave me over 20 new zits, I picked this up in hopes of looking like a human instead of a pizza. Already there is an improvement. I could feel it pulling gunk out of my pores, and my skin (in between the zits :( ) looked quite smooth and pretty. I can say anything for oil control, because that's not a problem for me.
Update: I've now moved this into HG status. It's literally a miracle for my skin. I try to only use it once a week bc it's expensive, but it seriously, seriously changes my skin every time I use it. It leaves it soft, smooth, even-toned, and my pores are vaccum cleaned. My acne gets 10x better after this use. Nothing works like this for me. I'm sensitive, combination, acne skin, and I HIGHLY recommend you give this a go, even just to see if it works for you.
One tip, Apply it on moist skin with a thick layer (opaque) and leave it on until it's dry. It will tingle at first. That's a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a good to have mud mask I guess. A little expensive but does the trick. You'll feel a tingly sensation on your skin in the areas where you have open pores, open wounds, acne lesions etc. Expect that these areas will look redder than usual after you wash this mask off. The mask dries off in about 20 to 30 minutes and comes off easily with cold water. My skin does look slightly more refined.

Frankly, I think the same effects can be achieved with any sort of mud mask or clay mask. So make your own!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combo skin and I'm really loving this mask. This product is really powerful however, having used it a few times I'm still discovering how often and how to use it best. The first time I used it, I left it on for far too long and it started burning- definitely follow the instructions as it is very effective. The last time I used it, I used it too soon after the last time and started getting some peeling on my nose, because I dried it out a little too much. So only use this on areas that really need drying out. Overall this is super powerful and definitely does what it says it will- it makes my pores a little smaller and cleans them out but I have to be careful how often I use it and for how long because it's so effective.