Urban Decay Lust

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this a long time ago, didn't use it much, and recently brought it out of retirement. I get tons of compliments when I use this in my crease and blend it into Vapor on my browbone. I use Flash as a lid color and it works really well with lust. They really should bring this shade back or something similar.

Why did UD discontinue this? This is the most beautiful velvety lavender eyeshadow I've ever found. When I saw, years ago, that this was being discontinued, I bought a few more while UD.com still had them in the R.I.P. section. This shade is smooth, thickly pigmented, and simply gorgeous for those who can get away with purple eyeshadow. Maybe someday they'll bring it back because of the 100% repurchase rating here!

Changed my mind about this eyeshadow... again, UD made a mistake by discontinuing a lot of their awesome makeup... this is a a medium (not dark, imo) smoky lavendar with slight pink shimmer in the light.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Well, even though so many other people have said it, I will too: I bought mine from Ebay (since it was discontinued), and when I first saw it, I was thinking, "No way in heck can I wear this."
Of course, I was wrong. Lust is beyond description, though I'll try to describe it, anyway. It's a deep medium/dark purple - but it's smoky with blue and pink colors that flash in the light, and it looks like it might have grayish-violet undertones to me. Lust is just such a complex color, it's tough to pinpoint exactly what it looks like.
For those of you afraid of the infamous Urban Decay falling-glitter effect, fear not; you won't get that with Lust, because it is an irridescent shimmer, not a glitter. Instead, it's velvety soft and silky on your eyelid - and, seven hours after I applied it, it might have been slightly lighter, but I'm not quite sure. I applied a bit more to one eye, and it still looked the same. Most likely, I had just gotten more used to the color. ^^
And there are many ways to apply Lust. So far, I've used it dry, with a brush, and gotten a sheer effect, perfect for outdoors during the day. You can use it with a sponge applicator, if you like, to get about the same color as in the pot, but a bit more sheer. Applied wet with a brush, this color extremely intense... but, amazingly, still wearable. (Also, you can strenghten the color for any of these methods with concealer or Primer Potion as a base.)
So, as stupid as this sounds, I think I've fallen in love with Lust.
**Update** I put a very thin line of Moshpit (the gold Heavy Metal glitter liner)at the base of my lashes over Lust, and it looks really hot! I know it sounds odd, but... well, if you've got Moshpit, try it and decide for yourself. continued >>

on 12/8/2005 1:42:00 AM

I absolutely love this color. when i first bought this I thought no way could I wear this dark color but wala it turned out to be a great night time color. will definitely keep this on hand.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is long gone from Urban Decay's website, but I found one on ebay. I'm glad I did. Lust, like others have described is a smokey lilac purple color that flashes pink, and has tones of blue. If Asphyxia and Pallor had a baby, it would be Lust. Lust has the blue tones and lilac color of Asphyxia, but also the gray tones and pink sheen of Pallor. These purple colors all look great together, even though they're similar, they really enhance one another, so I reccommend them all to wear together!

on 5/10/2005 3:02:00 AM

love this color, esp. with midnight cowboy rides again. i know it sounds like a strange combo, but trust me, it's amazing! this shadow is very soft and amazing to apply, i completely love it.

on 4/16/2005 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I cannot believe that I got this wonderful shadow for $7.50!
The other reviewers have described it well: It is a rich but not too dark smokey lavender with a sublimely smooth texture, no glitter, and very little sheen.
I agree completely with the reviewer who complained that Urban Decay is discontinuing a lot of wonderful eyeshadow shades. It's TRUE!
I've snapped up just about every one of the shadows that UD has featured in the R.I.P. section of their website so far in 2005, and I love every one of them! What's going on here?
I HIGHLY recommend that everyone who likes purple at all snap up "Lust!"
I may stockpile a few while it's still available, myself.

on 4/6/2005 9:43:00 PM

I purchased one of these from UD.com on clearance for $7.50, since they're being wretched and discontinuing masses of excellent products. This color is really remarkable- an iridescent cool greyed but darker purple that flashes pink and cooler, darker tones of purple. I truly loved it. The one I received new was in the old style pot. Plays well with Pallor, another beautiful one they're dc'ing. Great price, greb a few before they're gone for good.

on 2/9/2005 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a lovely deep lavender shade, which is not as dramatic as I would have liked, but, happily, perfect for my "goth-girl-goes-to-her-day-job" look. It goes well with Asphyxia, or any charcoal, pewter or silver shade. Subtle shimmer, all-day staying power...this is an all-round pretty colour. EDIT - I'm bringing this up to 5 lipsticks because I wear it nearly every day. Fabulous shade.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products