Black Opal Star Burst Eyeshadow

on 1/26/2006 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I actually wear these as a bronzer/highligher on my cheeks, temples, and eyes. Nice smooth, blendable texture. Highly pigmented. Alot of product for the price. Staple, HG item for me. Will always have at least two backup just in case they are discontinued.Starburst E/S comes in two colors: 'Bronze Blaze' & 'Gold Galaxy'. Bronze Blaze is three colors(copper, deep gold, & wine) all swirled together. It shows up as a copper/plum shimmer on me(DDD-AAB NW45 or HIP818). Gold Galaxy is three colors(olive-gold, yellow gold, & wine) all swirled together. Gives me an ethereal gold shimmer. Not too shiney either. The perfect all-over golden bronzer. Also have two d/c shades; 'Venus Violet' and 'Blue Nova'. Both are much deeper shades. Usually wear as e/s. Could be a blush too. 'Venus Violet' is three colors(rose, deep plum, & wine) all swirled together. It shows up as a deep wine shimmer. 'Blue Nova' is three colors(blue, deep purple, & wine) all swirled together. It shows up as a deep plum shimmer that reflects blue. Would repurchase if not d/c. continued >>

on 11/3/2005 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've used this product in "Bronze Blaze" for years, and it is consistently one of the eyeshadows I come back to use again and again. The colors combine to create a deep, golden orange color that applies very easily and stays on all day. The silky, smooth color blends easily with other eyeshadows as well.

I pretty much agree with everything Groovy said on this one. I have the same one as she, along with 2 or 3 others. The pigment's great, the colors are vivid, and no 2 shadows look alike. they sort of resemble how colored maps look. and as Groovy said, a lot of product for not a ton of $

Everything is great BUT the pot. It seems sort of awkward.