September 1, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Rose Hand and Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I bought this last year as it came in a trio pack with almond and hemp ones. I thought since the rose ones from jurlique and occitine are quite good, so should this one from my preferred body shop line. I am so wrong.

It smells like rose all right, but not all that natural. It does not provide enough mouisturizing ingredients in dry climate, so I'd keep applying it over and over again, which the even worse part is that: it sometimes block pores and cause some tiny blisters on hands.

I am so used to the result of using hemp one, so became very dissappointed in the rose one. I shall finish this tube quickly and never consider purchasing it again. I am going to stick with the hemp one from now one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this initially just because of the smell alone. Rose is not one of the most popular/easy to find fragrances, and it's also a very easy scent to ruin or misinterpret.

I don't know how to describe the Body Shop version of wild rose-- it's very authentic, a little "greenish", and I just love it. It is so feminine, and calming and easy to wear. I never want to be without this hand lotion.

It is *not* the most moisturizing hand lotion, so if your hands are very dry or chapped, I wouldn't recommend this product. For me though, this is perfect. My hands are never awfully dry.

I am put off by many hand lotions because they seem to leave a film that just sits on my hands. This product does not do that. It absorbs right into my skin, and just leave an awesome moisture and great scent!

It is awfully expensive though for hand lotion. I really wish it cost half of what it does. I try to stock up when there are sales.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by 05lawjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are looking to moisturize your hand. The marijuana is your best bet. I liked the rose scent and the lightness of the lotion. The marijuana smells pretty heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've read the few comments here on this hand cream and I have to say I disagree. I like the rose scent. It's not super strong like some you would get from the drug store and it does smell like roses. In fact, it reminds me of my mom's house and all of her rose bushes.

The lotion itself is very light and non greasy which was a huge plus for me. I tried it in the store and debated on whether to get it and did end up ordering it online at 50% off during Cyber Monday. It doesn't last the whole day, just a couple of hours, but that's perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Initially, I was put off by the smell...but I guess it grew on me. What I hate about this hand cream is that it feels so good at first when you put it on, but it dries out my hands and makes them feel so horrible! And I got this because I wanted to help moisturize my hands...what a waste! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been a fan of flowery scents but I find The Body Shop's Rose body lotion surprisingly pleasant, maybe because it lingers softly rather than packing a solid floral punch. Unlike the previous reviewer, I don't find this scent to be overwhelming in the least. Rather, it doesn't last more than three hours on me after application, something I don't mind since I don't usually wear floral-scented products. This is a sweet feminine smelling rose, not vibrant like TBS's Cassis Rose, but soft and fragile with an almost powder-like quality to it. I quite like it. As for a body moisturizer, TBS's lotions aren't the best if you're looking for superb moisturizing but using this product has left my skin feeling soft and supple and sufficiently hydrated in Malaysia's humid climate. I like how the lotion absorbs quickly leaving no greasy residue behind. Since the scent is so gentle, it won't interfere with any fragrance you choose to wear. What I like most about TBS lotions is the pump dispenser packaging, which makes it incredibly handy for both travel and everyday use. I've tried many TBS lotions over the years (favourites being Satsuma and Strawberry) and although Rose was a pleasant departure from my usual obnoxious fruity scents, I didn't enjoy it that much to consider a repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 2:29:00 PM More reviews by jalin

This is on sale right now at the Body Shop...and it is on sale for a reason...this stuff stinks. I used the tester to apply a little to my hand. Initially, it didn't have much of a scent at all but as I continued shopping it became very overpowering. So strong it gave me a headache. I have washed my hands 3 times and I can still detect traces of it. It is very perfume-y and not like roses at all. *gag* Dr.Hauschka and Jurlique make much nicer rose scented products.