Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio - Centerstage

4.4

on 5/22/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All the colors in this trio are nice but the darker brownie-redish color is perfect for blue eyed girls! I love this trio! It's nicely pigmented and very blendable.

on 2/14/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only really like 1 color in this trio; the light pink one. The other two colors I find have too much red in the undertones. The texture of the e/s are very soft and pigmented. I don't like the packaging in that you need to twist the lid to open, it looks cheap. Plus this was quite expensive. The combination of this palette was not very well thought out. When I swatch it on my hand I find that they don't coordinate at all.

on 6/24/2009 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love Smashbox. They have some of the best colors out there. This trio is beautiful. I love all three colors. They all go together really well. They are easy to blend in and they last forever on. This trio is of great quality. I just love it. You can't get any better than this. The price is a little much. $28. But for something this good, it's worth it.

The only complaint I have about Smashbox shadows is they break soooooooo easily. Like if they drop or something they WILL break. I had to take this trio back after I took it out of my purse and saw that one of the colors were terribly shattered. So I had to exchange it for another. Luckily Sephora is fantastic with exchanging/returning products. no matter what is wrong with them they will exchange/return. No questions asked. Even if you just didn't like it anymore.

on 3/27/2009 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Smashbox has really nice shadows that too often get shunned in favour of other brands like MAC and Urban Decay, probably due to expense and hesitance to move outside of what's most well known. The trios, for the amount of product you get are fairly expensive. They're well pigmented and smooth, though, so they're good quality shadows.
I like that these trios are basically an eye look in a compact, which is great for travel or if I'm going to need to carry the trio to touch up my look for some reason. As nice as the product is, I don't think I'll be buying any more of them. There's just nothing all that unique about them and there are other cheaper shadows on the market, equal in quality.

continued >>

on 1/23/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I only used two of the shadows in this trio and I looooved them. I wore them everyday, seriously. But I had tried time and again to blend the reddish-brown with the other colors and I just could not blend it...I don't know I think It may have been my eye shape (I have no crease) but I finished off the pearly and matt neutrals and just threw it out with the reddish-brown still almost all there. I still Love the colors in here but I am not going to buy it again cause they came out with new singles that are almost the same color, so i bought those instead.

on 10/22/2008 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this trio. The colors are a great neutral for everyday wear, and they work really well with my brown eyes. Definitely a keeper.

on 2/17/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great neutral palette, an almost perfect dupe of Origins Root Beer Float (the warm, reddish darkest shimmery brown) and Origins Lotus Flower (the pinkish white, shimmery light color) plus a medium golden brown. This is a great neutral every day palette, I've found it works especially well with my pale but yellow-toned skin and blue eyes. Definitely worth it, I'll get a lot of mileage out of this staple. A more orangey or pinkish brown palette really seems to make blue eyes pop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

When I first got this I was like, pink eyeshadow? Being used to browns and beiges this was rather different. I tried it and...I still think I prefer my beiges and browns, but credit goes to smashbox for making this pink collection very wearable. Doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if I want to wear pinks still...This would probably look best on people with cool skin tones. I liked the lightest colour, and the shimmery brownish-pink, togehter they make a nice light-pink and pink-brown combi. But I didn't like the matte dark russet pink. It looked bad no matter how little or how much I used.

EDIT: I took this out again lately and retested it with a lighter hand, and now I totally love it :) Yay....If I don't use the matt shade, the rest looks so lovely with brown eyeliner :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeshadow trio! I love this rose-tinted neutral set! You have a combination of two shimmery light/med shadows & one matte liner/crease color. Will definately repurchase!

on 1/18/2004 5:44:00 PM

I just can't get enough of this trio! Ever since I purchased this last week, I haven't been lured into wearing anything else. It really compliments my dark brown eyes, and, like all of Smashbox's shadows and blushes, stays on and on, no creasing. A+!

Top Rated Smashbox Products