August 30, 2014 | 1609 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Tropez-Tahitian Gold

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lamenting at the fact that I couldn't get my hands on NARS Taos or Mounia; imagine my surprise when I came across this at my local Rite-Aid! This blush is RED. Bright. And very frightening. Let the 4 lippies be a warning. But, I use this with my fan brush, with a light touch, and it's just beautiful - a deep red glow without looking like a clown. This is such a unique color that I won't be using everyday, nor do I ever think I'll use it up, but if I ever do, I'm definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for this blush. I finally got it and let me tell you I love it. I got this in Blushing Pink first because I thought it would be comparable but it was not. Tahitian Gold is such a gorgeous color, it is a rosy pink with a hint of gold shimmer. I guess it is somewhat like L'Oreal BD in Raspberry Sorbet but it is less shimmery and I really like Tahitian Gold more. This blends very well and unlike Blushing Pink, I can use my regular blush brush with this although I must use a very light hand. I don't see myself running out of this but if I did I would buy it again. In fact, I will probably snatch this up the next time I see it as it was out of stock a few times. I think if you apply this correctly, it can look very pretty and natural. The only I didn't like is the packaging (compact, mirror, and blush). The case I got had a button that was a bit suck so it's hard to open since you can't push it open. But despite that, I think the color, price, and the fact that this will last me forever makes up for the mediocre packaging. I would highly suggest you try this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most frightening blush I have ever seen or used. It is so incredibly pigmented that I can honestly say I will never ever go through it all if I live to be 100. It is RED RED RED, with a little gold shimmer. It comes in a huge pan and it was $2.99. Thank God I learned about skunk brushes before attempting this one because as an NW20 LLL there would be no way I could ever pull this one off without that brush. Applied very lightly this blush is really quite beautiful. It is hands down the silkiest d/s blush I have ever tried. I swiped my finger across it to check on how pigmented it was when I first opened it and I needed to wash my finger for a few minutes to get all that color off. The first time I wore it my BF, his grandmother and a co worker told me I looked healthy. I take that as a compliment. The gold shimmer is not visible on me probably due to the fact that I applied so little of it. Al in all, it is a fantastic bargain and I highly reccomend it. It gives my cheeks a very fresh, youthful glow and lasting power is unbelieveable. Adding: I am noticing that there seems to be a very strong similarity between this and NARS cactus flower on my skin. It's also reminiscent of NARS exhibit A but a bit cooler than that although I would not call it cool really. It just is in comparison to the NARS. Hmmmm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is SUPER pigmented, i never beleived that blushes could be as strong as this! In the pan this blush is a bright deep cherry red witha little gold shimmer, i touch my medium sized brush to it EVER so softly, and blend well it is beautiful on my FFF skin tone, stays all day and looks very "came in from the cold" i usually like peaches and bronzes but i love this blush, and i can honestly say i will NEVER run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color is great - If you know how to apply it right: Dust the brush ONCE in the blush ever so lightly, then blow off the excess. Now tap it on the back of your hand or on a tissue. Then apply it to the apples of your cheeks - The color builds with each stroke on your cheek. Trust me, this is experience talking. I used to look like a crazy clown before I learned how to do it right. GOOD LUCK!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2003 10:39:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Exhibit A-philes, take heed! From its name, Tahitian Gold ($2) sounds like a rich, coppery gold blush, right? Au contraire--it's a well-pigmented, *bright* cherry red with subtle gold shimmer. If used with caution, (tiniest bit of colour on the brush and well-blended, see Exhibit A reviews for tips) this gives a natural flush that would be especially pretty in the fall/winter months. If you want to get practice using a strong coloured blush before plunking down the $$ for NARS, give this one a go.
P.S.-This also blends well w/moisturizer to create a cream blush.