Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Dry or Sensitive Skin

3.8

on 3/24/2014 9:22:00 AM

The first time I used this product I accidently got some in my eye. It was very painful and the pain long lasting. Two days later, my eye is still red with a mucous discharge. Needless to say, I am returning this cleanser to the retailer.

on 1/15/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This cleanser is rich and feels beautiful when it is applied. After rinsing, skin is very clean but a bit tight and I need to use moisturiser immediately. On the plus side, you only need a tiny amount for it to do its job, but I don't think I would repurchase - there are cheaper options that are less drying.

on 12/27/2013 2:18:00 PM

At first, I really really loved this product. It made my skin feel super clean and fresh. I thought it was a good thing obviously, but then I realized it was totally stripping my skins moisture. The next morning my face was all red and irritated. Too harsh for my skin...

on 10/21/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this cleanser. Normally with foaming cleansers my face feels really tight afterwards but this one is gentle enough not to stripe the skin of its moisture while living a very clean and comfortable feel.

on 5/28/2013 10:54:00 PM

Not a bad cleanser, just nothing special. Foams nicely, takes my makeup off without leaving my skin taut, rinses without leaving a film.....just way overpriced for a basic cleanser. Not a big fan of the fragrance but can deal with it especially since it gets washed off my face fairly quickly. If it was fragrance free and a whole lot cheaper then I would buy it again, otherwise it's not a repurchase for me.

on 2/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I receive this as a travel size sample from the Macy's Clarins Counter in San Francisco.

Love Love Love this particular location by the way. If you happen to be in the area, stop at the Clarins counter and ask the lovely ladies for samples!
They are very very sweet, give me tons of samples and are not "pushy" at all or try to rush me out of here (unlike the LUSH retail store around the corner). Treat your self to a mini complimentary facial/product demonstration/face massage ahhhhhh... LOVE Macy's SF!!!!!!!

Anyway, I tried this product in the Las Vegas weather.
The smell didn't bother me, I love the elegant smell of Clarins Products.
Lather very nicely but still creamy. Rince off very easily and live my skin very clean, pores diminished, my skin was soft BUT for a sensitive/dry skin cleanser I would have expect more softness and moisture.

I will give it a second try in California weather and will post an update.
My skin is currently dehydrated because of traveling so I would recommend this face wash to someone with a normal/combination skin. I do need more moisturizing/hydrating products for my skin at this time.

on 9/21/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

oh my goodness this is SO strongly scented. For that reason alone I don't really want to put it on my face. I'd return it if I could but they don't accept opened items. From the 3 times I've used it it seems pretty mild, doesn't foam up much. Cant tell how well it removes makeup and whatnot as I haven't been wearing much MU lately. It may work great but for those of you who don't like heavy fragranced cleanser, beware of the strong scent. I wish companies didnt persist in fragrancing their products so much!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only Clarins product I have tried thus far that I would not buy again. It works well, but I cannot stand the scent - it has a very old-fashioned 'grandmother' fragrance to it which just ruins it for me.

on 8/9/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good cleanser for when i feel my skin dry or sensitive, after cheminal peel or other treatment. It is very gentle and has a nice relaxing smell. It removes oil and impurities without drying or irritating skin.

on 1/10/2012 1:45:00 PM

I have combo, somewhat sensitive skin. I got a sample of this and I'm wondering if something was wrong with it, based on all of the great reviews here. I used it twice. I was blown away (in a bad way) by the scent - it was so strong and reminded me of glass cleaner. I did love the lather, but the cleanser totally stripped my skin. I might have well have used Zest or Irish Spring on my face. My face felt so dry and tight immediately after rinsing. And I rarely breakout and within 24 hours I had five or six bumps on my face. The rest of my sample went in the garbage. If all Clarins products are so heavily scented and strong, I doubt I'll try them again.