October 25, 2014 | 902 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goldwell - Unil Quick Heat Hair straightener

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Millied

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Unil (now called Infrashine) ceramic flat iron is awesome (made in same factory as Chi). I have both the 1" and the 2". My teenage daughter & I share them. We use them with Ion Heat Protectant Straightening Spray from Sally's (works great for this) & our hair comes out pin straight, soft & silky. We can even go out in the rain afterwards with very little frizz. My daughter's hair is thick, naturally tight corkscrew curls, mid back length, so that's saying alot. My hair is thick/course/wavy/same length. My hair stays straight till the next shampoo. I don't have to do a thing to it in betweeen. Got them on ebay for a decent price. Heat adjustable to 400 degrees. Much gentler on the hair than my daughter's old Helen of Troy, which fried her hair big time. The 2" works faster, but it's easier to flip hair under with the 1". Highly recommended.

millied

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sandymontreal

Loved it until it broke 10 months after I started using it ~ 3 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent iron. I don't give it 5 stars because for some reason, no iron has ever managed to make my thick, curly hair absolutely straight. This one is good, but a little frizz is still left on the top of my head, and after about an hour the ends start to curl. Heats up quick though, gets hot, and damages my hair better than other straighteners. The unprofessional packaging is a con though. There are many typos and it has a generally unclassy look to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2003 6:29:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl143

This straightener is the BEST straightener out there. Is pricy but an amazing buy. Cuts straighting time down because it heats up literally in five seconds as it says in the name quickheat. My hair dresser got it for my and it is Unil. It is hard to find but once you do it is worth the time for searching and the money. It is ceremaic therefore it does not ruin/burn your hair or create breakage. It is very thin and small so that it makes it easier to get to the scalp. It is the best and my favorite straightener. If your want a good straightener to get yours moneys worth than spend the $125 on this one. It will be your best buy of the year!