Kevyn Aucoin Lip Tint in Leaharia

4.5

on 1/8/2011 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am more of a lipgloss girl and while I'm curious about lipsticks they tend to look all wrong on me. And then I met Leaharia...the only lipstick that I'm truly attached to. I got this at a Hautelook sale on a whim and now I'm thinking about swapping for backups. The texture is like nothing else - it's a matte and yet it makes my unpigmented lips look full and hydrated. Not drying in the least either. The color reads a reddish brown on me and I just think it's really flattering with my pale complexion and dark hair. I don't swipe this on but rather dab it on as it is very pigmented and I don't want it to look too heavy on my lips. I would not dream of parting with this one!!

on 8/13/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this lipstick!! The color is very pretty and something I would wear everyday. It's very close to my own lip color - just better. I'm a medium-toned/olive Asian with a tan and this color works great on a bare face. It's smooth and feels great on. The scent is not an issue as it's very, very subtle. My Bobbi Brown lipstick will probably last longer as it's more of a matte but this is a "tint" and doesn't claim that kind of staying power anyway. I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/13/2009 9:40:00 PM

i think i have found my everyday pinkish/browish lip color! i have always wanted something that looks natural and classic. i always buy stuff i think looks good but end up regretting it. i am a medium toned asian person so colors always look too pink or gray. i love kevyn's stuff. i recently purchased bloodroses and dantique and couldn't stop. i tried two colors and thought that this color wouldn't look good b/c it looks greyish pink. but i was really wrong. Leaharia looks timeless and i really am loving it! i think the texture is not really a tint b/c there's a lot of color and it feels like a really smooth lipstick. i may not stop buying kevyn's lipstick b/c they seem to work w/my tone. kevyn was a color genius!

on 3/9/2009 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Goodness, just dug this one out of my drawer. I had it in my purse 2 years ago and my daughter went to town on it, so I was somewhat off-put I think from having to clean this lovely expensive lipstick off of the windows and car seat. But now she is almost 5, I guess I can haul it out again, and I am sooo glad I did. A fool-proof gorgeous nuddie - I have lips that usually need lip liner, yadda yadda. This is EASY. I smudged it on with my finger and used his lip liner (STAPLE for me) and it looks fabulous. Doesn't come off horrendously on my wine glass, yet I have a good smooth coat on. Matches spectacularly with his lip liner. I am a medium beige tone with hazel eyes and dark blond hair with relatively thin lips unless I smile. This looks great with our without the smile - something that is hard for me to achieve. Oh Kevyn, how I wish you were still with us...

on 10/23/2008 12:57:00 AM

Lovely texture and non-drying feel, but this color doesn't make my complexion pop. It's not a pink beige, but rather a pink-brown with light mauve undertones. It's a tad too cool on my already pigmented lips and yellow-olive complexion. On the positive side, it's not a garish pink brown. It might look great on me if I wore the right eye and blush colors. However, if a lipstick doesn't convince me on a bare face, I don't bother.

on 4/14/2007 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been enamoured for years with a light shade of pinky/beige. I could never find it in one tube. I acheived in only by experimenting and mixing different colors together. AND THEN I FOUND LEAHARIA. This color is a classic, fool-proof shade for those with light/medium coloring. I can see this as a color that the late Kevyn Aucoin would have developed. It is consistant with his work in developing The Nakeds line for Ultima. It would work well as either a foil to a smokey, dramatic eye or for a neutral, conservative daytime look (such as the Fay Dunaway as Bonnie Parker look he did on Gwyneth Paltrow in "Face Forward.")

on 1/5/2006 7:01:00 PM

This has become my amazing, go-to, no-fail everyday lipstick...the pinky beige color is simply wonderful, very natural and perfect for work. It's gel-feeling is smooth and creamy and doesn't overdry my lips. My only gripe is that it seems to disappear relatively quickly, but I have that problem with 99% of lipsticks I use, so I can't be too upset. I love the packaging too! My first KA purchase and definitely, won't be my last!

on 5/8/2005 7:53:00 PM

This smooth, gel lipstick is one of my favorites. I think the pinkish beige description is pretty accurate for my pigmented lips. I find the color to be very natural, almost YLBB.

on 4/15/2005 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pinkish brown gel, cream lipstick which feels lightweight when applied. It is nicely pigmented. This lipstick never dries my lips out. It has a slight rose scent which does go away. I just love the red lacquered packaging! I like to use it with MAC's Whirl lipliner. I wish the late Mr. Kevyn Aucoin was still here to add to his beautiful makeup line!

on 10/18/2004 5:28:00 PM

The loverliest pinkish beige lipstick...not too dark or too light. This is the darkest lipstick I personally own (I'm partial to the very beige non-existent lip)...but I got so many compliments on it that I will be wearing it all the time. It definately has a rosy pink tone to it, but it isn't bright at all. The texture is smooth and creamy with a bit of slip, but not super glossy. It lasts all day on me (but I don't have a problem with my lipstick staying on) and doesn't get cakey or gummy.

Popular Lipsticks