Jason Natural Cosmetics 5000 I.U. Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Creme

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua (purified water), Capylic/capric triglyceride, Vegetable glycerin, Tocopheryl acetate (vit. e), Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf gel*, Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Ascorbic acid (vit. c), Retinyl palmitate (vit. a), Persea gratissima (avocado oil), Triticum vulgare (wheat germ) oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond) oil, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium hydroxide, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Benzyl alcohol. *=Certified organic ~Paraben free ~Fragrance free

on 5/12/2015 7:02:00 AM

I always have this stocked up in my house, I've used it for years and love it.

Face:
If you have acne prone skin, I recommend you buy a pump container and fill it up with this for your face. Just to keep the bacteria down. Instead of going into a jar that's been used for many months. They just give you so much product and a little goes a long way. That jar is going to be around for a while.
For my face I use this after a breakout has ended to heal and help with scaring. I do not break out further and I do notice I heal faster.
I say that with this warning though...be careful with the amount you apply. Like I said a little bit goes a long way. If you apply too much it will become oily and you will break out.
It's certainly moisturizing if that is something you are looking for as well.

Injuries:
While I originally purchased it for my face I ended up going to it quit a bit for other things. Cuts, scrapes or even burns and large injuries. My husband can get pretty banged up at work, even though his way of healing is to throw some duct tape on it and keep working, he is extremely picky about any lotions or creams becuase he doesn't like most scents in them. This is the only thing he does not complain about and fortunately it works the best out of all of the jars and bottles of stuff I have tried on him. It also helps turn his rough hands soft.

The Dog:
lol yes, even the dog. My poor dog had serious anxiety issues when left alone and tore apart the house. So we purchased a large, expensive heavy duty encloser for the few times I ran out and could not take him.
Unfortunately no one knew his level of fear until that day, instead of destroying my house he destroyed his face. Attempts to chew through bars removed the skin off of the entire top of his snout all the way up to his eyes along with other scrapes and abrasions. It looked like he had been beaten, it was awful. The vet warned me that he would have a lot of scars and would probably not grow his fur back on his snout. All I cared about was healing him as fast as possible. So I began a schedule of gently rubbing this product on his wounds every night and every morning. I'm lucky he was so tolerant as most of his face was covered in the stuff. The scent didn't bother him nor did it seem to burn or cause more pain for him.
The result...each day his face was drastically better and by the 7th day he not only grew healthy skin back with almost no scarring but his fur started to come back in. The vet was very surprised by it all. By the end he was back to his beautiful self. It was a pretty bad experience so not having permanent evidence of it was a wonderful thing.

So I can attest that along with doing good things for my face it does speed healing, doesn't cause irritation and does a great job on preventing scars.

PROS: I adore this cream for night because it is very moisturizing, while not being greasy. There are also no cones, which will clog me (give me comodones). The vitamins e is not the only benefit; simple but very moisturizing cream with no cones is a winner in my book. (The 25000 version now has cones. ) Very inexpensive.

CONS: Can be harder to find, because it's not generally in a grocery type store. Whole Foods has it. I generally get mine at a very inexpensive cost from places like Vitacost.com.

Some won't like that it is in a tub and can become contaminated. My hands are clean when I apply, though.

PURCHASING TIPS: See "cons."

on 4/30/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

When I first bought this and started using this 5 months ago, I was not impressed. It made me breakout. And didn't seem to be doing much for my skin. 5 months later, I love this. It is very moisturizing which appreciated (so many years of using drying acne products and retinols) I feel it helps heal the damage these products have done to my skin. The only thing is I hate hate hate the jar packaging (not only for the germ factor but it also degrades the vitamin e, each time you open it). I plan on repackaging it ins empty pump bottle from another moisturizer.Nice, cheap, anti aging moisturizer.

Pros
-cheap
-Has fairly decent ingredients vitamin e, wheatgerm, avocado etc
-moisturizing (helps repair my skin and my undereye area is no longer dry). My skin drinks this in.
Cons
-Jar packaging
-can clog pores (so I don't use it on my acne prone areas for me my t zone, right cheek and chin. I use another oil free moisturizer in those areas. )
-I never wear this outside during the day (looks too shinny) and personally can't put makeup on top of this, it piles.

on 4/10/2013 4:03:00 PM

This is a good moisturizer for dryer skin that can't handle fragrance. I use it at night, or under my less moisturizing spf 30 cream. No break outs.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is fantastic hand cream, totally moisturises my miserable raw chapped winter hands and returns them to glorious softness. For that, I love it.

BUT I made the ENORMOUS mistake of using this on my FACE. And proceeded to have the worst breakout of my life. It took months to clear up. Actual months. Never seen anything like it.

Be very wary.

This GAVE ME THE WORSE BREAKOUTS I'VE EVER EVER EVER HAD. There are 4 ingredients which according to cosdna.com, can cause acne, two of which are rated a 5 (on their 1-5 scale). I bought this as an impulse. It was cheap and I've always used oils on my skin without any problem. I consider normal maybe a little bit dry. But its always clear. I'm really disappointed and have never had this problem before.Oh and someone below said this doesn't contain fragrance, when on the ingredients list it.My DH (who never cares or notices smells) thought it smelled "weird". And the packaging sucks not sanitary and it ruins the potency of the product every time you open the jar and expose it to air. Not as natural as they're trying to make you believe.

Pros
-Super cheap

Cons
-Clogged my pores sooo bad
-Filled with a lot of irritating, acne causing ingredients (according to cosdna.com)
-Has 4 Preservatives (for a "natural" product)
-Has fragrance which I hate in skincare ( Benzyl Alcohol- which also is a preservative. According to the ewg.org Health Concerns of the Ingredient:
Overall Hazard Cancer, Developmental & reproductive toxicity, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), and Allergies & immunotoxicity.The risk is rated as moderate.)
-packaging is horrible (not sanitary and loses potency each time jar is opened and exposed to oxygen).

on 2/8/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an amazing cream. It's cheap, and does wonders. The 25000 unit one isn't that good, but this one is a winner. I usually layer it, with this under and a heavier cream during the day, or just this cream over my darphin complex, it depends on the weather. It helped clear my daughter's excema-an all round winner!

on 2/3/2012 3:47:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin, with eczema prone cheeks but an oily T-zone. I have tried heaps of moisturisers, from dirt cheap to very high end and this is one of, if not, the best. I got this for free a year ago in a promotion and have never looked back. Calms my sensitive, eczema prone skin and doesn't make me break out. A few months ago I switched as I felt like splashing out, however I have gone back to using this cream. I can't rate it highly enough.

on 10/16/2011 4:08:00 PM

Great vitamin e cream! I love how it smooths out my neck and chest, as well as how it's moisturizing my arms which started getting dry & flaky.

I haven't used it on my face so can't remark on performance there.

I got this for < $7 off Amazon and uploaded a pic with the new label. I'm pleased with results as I've had no adverse reactions - just better looking skin!

on 3/14/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this cream. Nothing has worked as well to moisturize without being greasy. (and I have tried a lot of stuff) This one is much better than the 25000 IU.