April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Conditioner - Boots - Botanics Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by meisels1muse1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big Botanics fan (or at least used to be, not sure about the new range), so decided to try this one out as well, partly because of a reasonable price (~4). It comes in a quite big tub of about 400g, which means more value for money, as opposed to other higher range brands.

Unfortunately, it's not as good as I expected it to be. It is moisturising to some extent, but some conditioners give me more moisture than this one. Also, it feels like it weighs hair down quite a lot if used frequently/applied too much on.

It's not bad, but it's not amazing either. With so many great hair masks, I don't think I'll ever repurchase this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by iamserpentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

First time I used this, my hair was lovely and shiny. Any uses after that are only so-so. Guess I'll have to keep looking :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kattydiva

I bought this product last month. My hair was turning dry and i was desparately looking for a good hair conditioner which actually works and not just do the talking. I went to Boots in the UK and found this one and for the price I paid, it was worth trying. I used it and my hair felt smooth and silky instantly .... the whole day I kept praising how lovely my hair feels but the feeling didn't last long. Next day my hair was feeling as usual. No softness , nothing... I felt that the result is not long lasting ... its just a temporary feeling. The price is unbeatable. What can be cheaper than this for the amount of product u get. What i didn't like was the jar. You have to twist and open and dig your hands in and scoop the product out and i dont quite like it while in shower. I don't know, it looks like a good product but i didn't feel its actually nourishing my hair. I don't think I will be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely not a product to use every time you wash your hair. I've found that it builds up rather quickly and can make hair feel weighted down, greasy and dull after continued use. That said, it's a wonderful smelling, natural (or at least most of the ingredients are) conditioner that is good for occasional use. I purchased it at Target in the US and it comes in an easy to use bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this when I got a sample of it in with some Botanics hair dye I used. I love this (in the UK btw) it's such a bargain and a wonderful thick deep conditioner. I have long thick hair that I straighten and dye occasionally (yearly?) so it gets a fair amound of wear and tear. This makes it so soft and smooth and shiny! There are 2 problems with it though, the smell is one of them, I find it quite overpowering when in the shower, thankfully it seems to go away when your hair's dry. And the other is the pot that it's in, the screw lid can be quite fiddly when you're in the shower with conditioner on your hands! Very good value for money as it's amazingly thick you get loads!

Edit I have lowered my rating of this as after writing the review I used it and my hair was greasy almost as soon as it dried! Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 10:58:00 PM More reviews by StephanieT

Boots is THE drugstore chain in the UK, but don't be fooled. Boots' Botanics line is the best! The Deep Conditioning Mask is an extremely rich treatment that works quickly and efficiently. I have really thick hair -- most conditioners will do a less than adequate job, but this great Boots stuff is the holy grail. I get shiny, healthy, enviable hair. And the price can't be beat! CHEAP! If you are a Fekkai junkie, as I am, get someone in the UK to send you this. Better than Fekkai's shea butter mask. I kid not.