October 31, 2014 | 1074 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - WetSlicks Lip Gloss - Wine Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

After being a bit of a skeptic about this gloss, it turned out to be a great product!
Before buying this, I've already owned a Wet Slicks in Shimmershell, and absolutely loved that gloss. So, I bought Wine Shine along with an Outlast lipstain in a little set. Unfortunately, I didn't like the lipstain, so I threw it out- the lipgloss, consequently, was the target of a lot of suspicion on my part.
Well, it turned out to be better than I thought. Firstly, the color; the color, tbh, scared me a lot at first. I have no place to wear dark lipcolors, so Wine Shine didn't seem like something that I'd use a lot. I wanted it for variety. However, the color isn't as dark as it may seem at first; it's much more sheer, and not too many shades darker than my normal lip color. It's very wearable! However, if you're looking for super pigmented lipglosses, I wouldn't recommend WetSlicks.
The texture I loved a lot; not sticky at all. In fact, it really does feel "wet" on your lips. It may smear if you're not careful, though. It does last a while on my lips without needing a reapplication, which I love. WetSlicks are very, and I mean VERY, shiny glosses, and make great topcoats for lipsticks.
Wine Shine is very affordable; I'd say around $5-$6. I didn't love the packaging all too much; the titling is easy to scrape off. It's a lipgloss with an average wand applicator, which is nice. You actually do get a lot of product for the price; the tube is quite big! Overall, I'd recommend Wine Shine and all the other Wetslicks to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by clpds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute FAV. Have repurchased this 3 times so far! Love the colour and the vanilla scent.

Dislike: -Tends to smear all over your face if you're wearing your hair down and it's windy(especially on glasses...)

-I also dislike the tube because there is usually a huge amount at the bottom of the tube and at the top and the wand can't pick up the gloss...:(

(To solve that problem I usually saw the tube in half and scope up the remaining gloss into small pots and apply with a lip brush.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by newzonie2005

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color on this is exquisite-sexy, elegant, and not overly bright like most lip colors with a reddish base. It goes with almost anything and you can wear it at any occasion. The only down-side for me was that it doesn't last for much more than two hours and easy to lick it off. Also for you older ladies, you may need a neutral lip liner for this-I use MK neutral creamy lip-liner. .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MERP

Excellent. A sheer plummy-brown color ("wine" is an inaccurate word to call this). Not sticky. I appreciate that it isn't minty or trying to irritate/plump the lips. Excited to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first WetSlicks lip gloss that I've tried and I'm not disappointed. The color - a sheer brownish red - looks amazing on me and the smell (vanilla frosting? something sweet) isn't too bad, either. I'm sold.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a nice shade; although, it's a bit sheer for me, considering my honey brown complexion. It doesn't feel heavy on my lips at all. The cost is nice, which makes it accessible to all. My only peeve is that it's a little light for me. But, I like it nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by teedums

This is my favorite lipgloss. I only found it a couple years ago but I am sure glad I did. I like these and CG Lipslicks a lot, these are a step up from Lipslicks. They are just a tad more shiny and add a little more color but are still pretty sheer. I tend to wear Lipslicks for more casual days and Wetslicks for work and more dressy occasions, going out etc. These are a great deal for the price, and I actually kind of like the scent though I can see why it might bother some. One things for sure, I will be really bummed if they ever get rid of Wine Shine, it's my number one lipgloss hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by khfarnaz

I am a middle-eastern brunette and this color looks great on me, a mixture of brown and purplish. It has great shine and a nice texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Electrogirl

Ah, Wine Shine. It looks dark and scary in the tube, but sheers out nicely on application. The reviewers before me did a good job of describing the color, so I won't go over that same ground. If you like opaque, super-pigmented glosses, WetSlicks aren't for you; check out NYX MegaShine for that. WetSlicks give sheer, shiny, nonsticky color that I love for daytime. You have to reapply fairly often to maintain the shine, but any nonsticky gloss is that way. The deeper colors, like Wine Shine, leave a colored stain when the shine wears off, so you don't completely lose your look. Good stuff for a good price!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the color but it's like putting water on your lips it has no staying power at all and for this reason I will not repurchase.