April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - American Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by jasminsambac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This conditioner is amazing, it disentangles admirably well and without weighing down your hair, the perfume is just incredible and stays for a long time in your hair, I buy the big liter bottle, I would have liked a flask with a pump. Otherwise this product is an inescapable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by vicaquino

Such a great conditioner. Not my favourite scent as I typically go for fresh, fruity scents but I do quite like it. Doesn't have the silky feel of the typical conditioner, which did take me a couple times to get used to. I really love how it has significantly tamed my frizzy hair and I don't need to straighten my hair as often. It leaves hair feeling light weight, soft and smooth. This product is on the expensive side, but so worth it as a little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried one Lush conditioner that I actually liked. I don't hate them, they're just not worth the hefty price tag. I have long, fine hair, that is completely straight.
First of all, I dislike the smell of this. It doesn't smell the strawberry vanilla claimed on the bottle. At all. It smells rather herbal, like lavender (I don't like the scent of lavender). It also lingers a lot on my hair, which I don't really enjoy when I don't like the scent.
Second of all, it doesn't do much conditioning for it being "medium-strength". I have to apply a leave-in conditioner when I get out of the shower after I use this, which I usually do anyways, but I have to use a lot more than I usually do. It's also much more difficult to detangle.
Third of all, this has SULFATES in it. Why would a conditioner have sulfates in it? Sulfates are generally used in shampoos, which is why I cannot understand what a sulfate would be doing in conditioner which is meant to be adding moisture to the hair rather than cleaning it. I actually don't understand why Lush uses sulfates at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the smell (and the name), but this didn't have enough conditioning effect on my hair to live up to the price I paid.
(sidenote: I don't use a lot of silicone in my hair, so I'm not comparing to that)
It made my hair a little easier to comb (probably due to cetrimonium bromide), but it wasn't nourishing (not moisturizing nor adding protein). The combing benefit and the bit of shine were gone after approx. 3 days (without washing), so there are no long term benefits (in my case at least).
The scent did last two days at least, as far as I can tell.
There is one last thing that bothers me: Why did they put sodium lauryl sulfat (a.k.a. SLS, which is a pretty strong tensid=wash active substance) in a CONDITIONER? It's not meant to be cleansing, right?
Anyways, I'm happy if this works on you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by tllallyrfrnds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this conditioner. It smells amazing (although I get more of a clean rather than fruity or sweet smell from it, I don't know) and it works as it should.

This conditioner is formulated without all the weird stuff that's usually in conditioner, so you can't expect the same result. Without silicones or plastics or waxes or anything to coat your hair, it's not going to feel like silk, it's going to feel like... hair.

I like this so much because I feel like it moisturizes while still letting my hair be itself. I have long, strawberry blonde hair that's on the fine side. When I use this, my hair is soft and light and not weighed down. I could see how those with thicker or curly hair might need something with a little more weight than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Xbeckygx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is great for me. Firstly, it smells DIVINE. Mostly vanilla, but with a little hint of strawberry and something else. Plus, the smell stays on your hair all day. I have quite thin hair that gets greasy and limp really quickly, and I found that this conditioner makes my hair nice and soft without weighing it down too much. However, if you have quite dry hair I don't think this would do much for you. The conditioner itself has a nice creamy texture but definitely isn't as thick as Lush's Retread conditioner. I thought the colour was a little weird in the bottle, kind of off white or cream and a bit dirty looking, but I can live with that. The bottle itself is just a standard shampoo/conditioner bottle, no problems with that. The price is pretty steep (I got the 250g bottle for 8.95), though that's to be expected with Lush. American Cream after using Lush's Big shampoo are just perfect for my hair, and I will most probably repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this conditioner because LUSH is one of my favorite bath and hair products, but I say definitely stay away from American Cream. Didn't do literally ANYTHING to my hair. Even though it smelled delicious, still didn't make my hair soft or anything. It doesn't have any strawberry in the smell, just smells like a super sweet vanilla milkshake. The smell tastes throughout the whole day, but if you do any sports or get sweaty, then the smell immediately fades, which is a big problem for me because I do morning, lunch break, and evening runs. Basically, the smell is amazing, but the price and the quality wasn't there. Kind of disappointed in Lush on this one :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner. The trick is to not use as much at you would think and leave it in while you're shaving your legs/doing a face mask/brushing your teeth. I have very very damaged hair (it was silver/white and i dyed it 2n which is a very dark brown). two inches of my hair have broken off but this conditioner makes it possible for me to brush through and manage my hair. It smells nothing like strawberries but it does smell very nice and vanilla-ish and clean and creamy. It's super lightweight and doesn't leave my hair greasy whatsoever.

It's VERY expensive but I've had mine for about 4 months and I'm only halfway through because you don't need very much at all. Drugstore and even high end shampoos and conditioners make my psoriasis flare up but this doesn't at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really, really like this as a leave-in conditioner, but it doesn't smell a thing like strawberries. In fact, after it's been in my hair awhile, I find the scent soooo cloying. I'm not sensitive to fragrances usually but phew, this is just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product smells really nice, like vanilla , it reminds me of melting ice cream. But unfortunately that's as far as the positives of this product goes for me. Having extremely curly hair , which has masses if natural volume/puffyness , this product didn't even make a dent into restoring my hair after shampooing (I use lushes seanik bar and it is amazing however I do need an intense conditioner afterwards). I have used this product as a leave in a couple of times and when it it grouped up with another conditoner it works okay but as a stand alone product when I use it for it's intended purpose it disappoints. I regret buying it and will not buy it again because for such a small amount of product, such a whopping price and the poor results, it's not worth it in the slightest.