LUSH American Cream

3.4

* Honey Water (Mel Aqua), * Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), * Propylene Glycol, * Fresh Oranges (Citrus dulcis), * Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Fresh Strawberries (Fragaria vesca), * Perfume, * Lanolin, * Cetrimonium Bromide, * Cetearyl Alcohol, * Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), * Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), * *Linalool, * Coumarin.

on 7/21/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome!! I am a newly converted Lushie. I adore evthing I've tried from Lush & this is no exception. I bought the smallest bottle of AC (still set me back $10! Eek.) but you don't need much. What I do is wash my hair w Curly Wurly (once) & work a little AC into my ends & by my temples (my hair is thin by my temples). I think most ppl r using too much product when they say it takes half this bottle to use in one shower "session" coz mostly to me it feels like ur not even using product. There's not that traditional "slip" like w reg conditioners u get but trust me it's working coz when I let my hair air dry it is so curly (my hair is 3A). The smell is amazing! I heard they had a perfume solid of it at 1 point idk if still available. My hair hasn't had any adjustment period since this is similar to low-poo (going from cheap DS hi-sulfate products) but I understand others have but my hair luvs Lush! It's taken the drudgery out of mornings getting redi! The scent is like a strawberry milkshake but w a boozy spiciness. Lush products are highly addictive!

on 5/29/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This conditioner is my holy grail. It smells amazing, makes my hair feel fantastic and is not heavy on my scalp. I have very damaged hair and this makes it feel brand new. I pair this conditioner with the New Shampoo Bar.

The price is expensive, but well worth it. My hair is so soft and I smell like a vanilla milkshake. I will definitely buy this again and again.

on 5/21/2015 10:56:00 PM

I'm quite disappointed with this.
It does help moisten my hair without weighing it down, which is essential for me as my hair gets greasy really easily & quick. But my hair needs moisture as its extremely long (by my waist).
It smells lovely in the bottle but I can never smell it in my hair afterwards. It's not very strong smelling once used. I also think it's really expensive, you can get products much better products for the same price. Like TIGI Catwalk & bed head. Personally I would rather buy drug store shampoos & cons and use high end hair masks. My scalp is really sensitive and all LUSH hair products give me dandruff.

on 5/19/2015 11:34:00 PM

This conditioner has a nice consistency, not too thick and not too liquidy. It smells sweet and creamy at the same time, the fragrance does stay in the hair for quite long! I washed my hair the night before and I can still smell it now (it's midday). I have layered hair and the ends are dry. This conditioner helped to detangle my dry ends. Overall I'm happy with this product! I also really like the solid Jungle conditioner as it smells exotic. The little bar basically scented my whole bathroom. So I alternate between these two. Oh, I use Seanik shampoo bar which gives a nice amount of lather and leaves hair feeling clean, fresh and quite voluminous due to the sea salt in the shampoo bar. The eczema at the back of my neck (which I suspect was due to harsh chemicals in commercial shampoos and conditioners I was using) is also clearing up. Thumbs up to LUSH!

on 5/8/2015 3:18:00 AM

It smells beautiful. And the scent stays in your hair for a loooong time. But it is not very moisturizing. The conditioner itself is thin. And you have to use a lot. Too expensive in my opinion to use so much in one use.

on 4/28/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ok so this is an "open minder" if you're coming from traditional shampoos/conditioners.
if thats you...listen up ;) the thing to remember about lush shampoos and conditioners is that its a lot like going "no poo" and your hair WILL have an adjustment period. i have mega thick, mega coarse, curly, lonnnggg, pain in the butt hair....and when i first started with this shampoo/conditioning regimen, it was tough, i really thought ok, my hair just can't handle such light product.. the only reason i kept on was because i knew in my heart these were all natural products so they weren't coating my hair and i knew from what others said it would just take time.... now presently, my hair is fabulous! i love this conditioner its light and smells wondrous! kind of a vanilla scent imo.

as for lushies, if you haven't gotten this already you ought to, very versatile with hair types, not too heavy not too light :)

on 4/19/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The trick that makes conditioners (without silicones) to actually work is to let them sit - which also applies for american cream. Give this baby 10-15 min and it Will make a difference. Love the smell. All in all it is great for My natural type 2a hair. My hair is pretty long so I require a bit more to really moisturise My hair.

on 4/8/2015 8:02:00 PM

I recently gave up my regular shampoo and conditioner to try something a little more organic. I really love how Lush does not test on animals so I decided to try this conditioner and I love it. I feel like it makes it pretty soft and between the the shampoo and conditioner I have so much volume to my hair. Will definitely buy again!!!

on 3/31/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

What a waste of money. I asked the LUSH employee what she'd recommend for dry, thick, color treated hair and she gave me this. I had to use HALF the bottle to work it through my long, thick hair. This product has the consistency of water. My hair didn't feel moisturized afterwards - frizzy and poofy. Only reason it's getting two lippies is for the scent - it smells amazing. Maybe I'll use it on top of my normal conditioner for the scent. Would not recommend or purchase again. Perhaps this would be better for those with thin hair, but this didn't work out AT ALL.

I really adore the scent of this product. The way we perceive each scent is so subjective and individual that it would be hard to describe exactly why it appeals to me. It's a calming scent to me, serene and lovely, and it actually lingers for quite a few days, even if you wash your hair without using this conditioner in between.

I have very fine straight hair that I do not dye or perm, so I cannot really comment on how "powerful" the conditioning ability of this product is. However, on the days when I do style my hair with an electric curler or anything that "fries" my hair, I do use a second hair conditioner beneath this one (so that the scent of this product can stay on top).

It's certainly not the most expensive product that Lush has to offer, and I find that I don't need to use too much of it each time. Until the day that I get tired of the scent (if it does happen), I think I would keep using it.