February 27, 2015 | 1938 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - American Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2015 12:14:00 AM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really loved this conditioner! Totally used up the whole bottle after I purchased this with some Christmas bonus money. I have fine, limp hair that I wash and condition every other day or every 2 days. This shampoo makes my hair feel so soft, and a few hours after my hair dries, I notice more shine. I took off one lippie on my overall rating because I'm not in love with the smell. I can deal though. It's not a bad smell. It's reminiscent of the vanilla-like smell that old library books have. Totally not a bad smell. I am quite fond of that smell. But I don't know if I want it all up in my hair. That smell doesn't scream "fresh new do" to me. The formula is nice and light. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all, and as I said before - I have very fine hair. I'm always excited to find conditioners that make my hair less heavy and greasy while still giving the proper moisture and softness every gal wants. Another thing I love is this is sulfate-free, and mostly all natural. I would buy it again, but it is out of my price range now. If you've got the extra money to splurge on Lush hair products, I totally recommend doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2015 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Victoriatiffany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent is awesome but I was a bit disappointed with this conditioner.It makes my hair looks even more dry and rough. Finally I decided that I will use other conditioner or mask in the shower and after that I apply the american cream, just for the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cassiam

When I first used it I hated it cause It didn't help detangling my hair at all nor made it silk because the lack of cones. I let it air dry and OMG my hair was sooo perfect, shiny, nice shape, volume (the nice type) and smelled so wonderful that I had to try it again. I just found out that applying it, leaving for 3 minutes, rinse and then combing is the best way. Trying to comb while its working is a big no. With that little trick the tangles aren't a problem anymore.

The perfume lasts 2 days on my hair and its sweet and pleasant.

To resume the big tip is: apply, leave it there for 3 minutes, rinse and then comb your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

Amazing conditioner. Amazing scent. Amazing results.
My hair are shoulder lenght and a 250ml bottle can last me up to 8 months. Even tho my hair is thick I don't need to use a lot.
It is not a conditioner that will help you a lot with knots and tangle. But it's perfect for waves definition, moisturizing and overall shine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been really loving my LUSH products ever since I first set foot into their store only a few months ago. Recently I have brought my hair back to life with Retread and since American Cream was half price for Boxing day sales I decided I would give it a go.

I am Asian, with coloured hair and constantly need straightening after every wash. I have to say, this conditioner is seriously on the lighter side. I imagine this would work very well for girls that has fine hair. The smell is divine in the bottle, I just love that scent of vanilla and strawberries, like a milkshake! But somehow when it gets on my hair it reminds me of what Barbie doll's hair smells like. It's not bad, just that it lingers for quite a while, and best of all, it even stays if you go somewhere like a Korean BBQ restaurant! As to how well it conditions, like I said, it has a very light texture, so it flows easily out of the bottle, but I found that if I use it alone after a shampoo bar it simply won't do. My hair would still tangle quite easily, and the ends a bit dry. On top of that, it's around the same price as a salon brand conditioner ($14 for 100g? Quite steep IMO). I think I would finish this bottle and go back to BIG solid conditioner and Retread.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing, sweet smell. The conditioning power is decent, but not enough to make my hair feel moisturized enough. After using an ample amount in the shower, I can run my fingers over my hair and I get a semi-"squeaky" feel - not soft or hydrated. This product smells like heaven, but it really shouldn't be called a conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only positive thing about this conditioner is the smell - it smells like heaven and lasts a couple of days. Unfortunately, it seems to have no effect on my fine hair. I usually leave it in for a few minutes before rinsing, and when I go to rinse, it doesn't feel like it's even in my hair anymore. The only reason I tried this was because I moved to Japan and it was a familiar brand, and I will not be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells great, and is a, moisturizing, good conditioner. Is it worth the cost? In my opinion, no, I believe there are cheaper options. This is a nice treat, fun to try, but not something I would buy again, most likely. I feel like my hair reacted to it very well for about the first half of the bottle, then it just seemd to not have the same effect. I feel like I have this problem with other hair products, though, they intially work and then stop working as well after I use them for a bit. I don't know if that's just me, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by beccaduncan23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this conditioner to become my holy grail.. but it just didn't. I love the milkshake smell, but it just doesn't seem thick enough for me. It feels more like shampoo than conditioner. I only have the small bottle, so to make it last I currently mix with a thicker more moisturizing conditioner. In my opinion it is too expensive for an average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

I love this! On my second bottle, bumped up my dosage to the midsize. The smell of this conditioner is heaven sent -- like real vanilla musk and strawberry. The combo of this with Rehab shampoo is doing wonders for my fine, thin hair. Hair feels soft, clean, and hydrated. Little tough to detangle, but thats to be expected with a natural product free of cones. With a droplet of a detangler youre good to go. Only other thing is, I do tend to use more of this...I like to get a healthy amount on my hair. But after I ran out of my little bottle, and had to resort to a different conditioner, I noticed the difference right away. So I ran right back for more. I might need to go to rehab for my rehab and American cream conditioner addiction because I'm hooked! But I will pay the price because for a product like this its finally worth it.