July 28, 2014 | 1041 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Karma Komba

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

I love the smell of this shampoo bar soooo much, its lovely. However this shampoo is pretty drying for me, so using a very rich conditioner afterwards is a must. I'll keep purchasing it based on the smell alone haha I can't stop smelling my hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by monkeybiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really fallen in love with Lush Shampoo bars - but this is my favorite.

I'd like to let you know a few things about how I use them, and what my hair is like.
I have highlighted and dyed hair that I get done at the salon every 6-8 weeks. I have stubborn grays at the root so that area needs work frequently! so, my roots are dyed, and occassionally i have my highlights drawn out a bit more. my hair can be dry. its fine, but I have a ton of it and its near the middle of my back, with some long layers.

I wash it almost every single day...I style it, with a dryer, a flat iron or curling iron...but mostly I abuse it. when I wash, i wet my hair completely, i lather some of the bar in my hand and I also stroke my hair in 4-5 places with the bar... then massage. nice lather.

I was totally worried about using the shampoo bars because everyone is freaking out that they are drying. but then I wondered...is everyone using conditioner?? I am. I have ALWAYS used conditioner after washing my hair.

I have no problems. my hair is clean, bouncy, shiny and smells good -
I have used my own conditioner, and Lush Jungle - same great results.
Most shampoos I've used have SLS in them so this doesn't bother me at all...and I don't feel like there is any fading more than the usual.

my hair feels healthier than ever and looks & smells awesome.
I'm also happy that I'm cutting down on packaging waste.

when I'm done shampooing, i let the bar dry in the lid. if i'm traveling, or in a hurry, i'll dab it dry with some TP (hey, its whats in front of me...!) and then put the lid on it.

for reference, I have been a Bumble and Bumble & Kerastase user. I still use a Kerastase leave in to detangle. I've never been a shampoo and go girl...so maybe people are expecting too much?? its shampoo in solid form, its not magic, but close. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this as much as most everyone else, but the patchouli smell was just way too much! Even my niece, who loves LUSH stuff made a face at the scent. And it's very small for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AlexisCarlin

I Love the Karma scent so i just had to purchese this shampoo puck! also for the fact that is is great or travel since it's solid, i bring it when i go on trips and to my lake (there is nothing better than washing my hair in the lake with karma) such an earthy scent! this solid shampoo really cleans my hair really well that i need a little extra conditioner for it, i have never heard of a solid shampoo before i got into lush so i thought it was cool to try and it works!!!! it lathers really well and the shampoo lasts a really long time if you like Karma this will defiantly not disappoint the scent lingers in you're hair for a day after you wash it (as long as you don't use a different scented conditioner) unfortunately there is no such thing as karma conditioner yet but maybe one day.....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a horrible shampoo! After a couple of uses of different shampoo's from Lush, I have come to the conclusion that these shampoo's are horrible for your hair. I have tried Big, New! shampoo bar, and finally my last straw, Karma Komba shampoo bar. This made my hair feel like rubber, and I noticed more hair fall with this shampoo. The smell it left behind in my hair smells NOTHING like the actual shampoo bar. It made my hair smell like an old man. I'm still trying to get the nasty smell out of my hair. Not only is the smell atrocious, but when my hair dried it left it lank, stringy, and lifeless. Basically, it sucked the life out of my hair. Might as well wash your hair with dish detergent. My conclusion with Lush shampoo's is they put WAY too much SLS without water (which you see a lot of shampoo's have as the first ingredient) to dilute the content of the chemical. Overall this is horrible for your hair, do not buy this if you want your hair to be healthy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with Soak n Float and so far love both of them.

Karma Komba has a really fresh, herbal scent and lathers to a ridiculous extent. Four to Five swipes directly on my hair produces loads of bubbles and gets my hair really clean and soft. I've been using this for several days without using a conditioner afterward and my hair's still soft and shiny. Please note that I have virgin hair (never been chemically treated or colored), wavy, fine, and very dense (lots of hair on my head -- when I go to salons for a haircut, they usually have 2 people with hairdryers working on my hair otherwise it takes too long to dry). I also have a very sensitive scalp that gets irritated and flaky with most commercial and natural shampoos, but this hasn't caused any irritation and actually managed to ease a psoriasis flare-up after I used a natural shampoo which didn't agree with my scalp. Another plus point about Lush solid shampoos is that they don't cause those pimple-like breakouts along my hairline which some shampoos do (e.g. Pantene, Dove, Herbal Essences) which I believe is because they don't contain silicone.
Very happy with the Lush solid shampoos I've tried so far. Just wish they were less expensive...
I keep my solid shampoos in a soapdish that has a drain at the bottom part (i.e. ventilation slits) so they don't melt or get mushy without me having to wait for the bar to dry before covering it. I also cut the pucks in half and store the other half in a cool dry place and this makes it last longer than having the entire thing in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by HauteColor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this at first, but after a few washes with it, my scalp started to itch, and I had hair fallout!!! And it claimed to 'detangle' hair, but it just made mine dry and unmanageable
Don't ever buy this. Save 8 dollars for something else

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kimbleB

A LUSH store recently opened near where I live. So I bought a few items and this was one of them. I really, really like this shampoo bar! It lathers easily and plentifully and makes my hair feel super clean. (As others have mentioned, apply directly to hair for best results.)

I do have to use a conditioner with it, but conditioner is a necessity with any shampoo I use. The scent lingered more when I used it the first few times, but it smells great while I am shampooing and that makes me happy. It seems a bit drying so I will alternate with moisturizing shampoos, but definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo bar works so well! It makes my hair wicked clean, soft, and tangle-free! I highly recommend this shampoo bar if you haven't tried one before. Oh, and the scent is nice too!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Washed my hair, it felt lathery and soft as I was massaging it in, as soon as the water hit my head, it was a mess. My hair felt like a tangled mess. It was super frizzy and unmanageable.

I like the smell so I will use it as a soap but won't be repurchasing.