November 27, 2014 | 1429 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Karma Komba

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this solid shampoo from Lush. The Karma scent is my favourite and I have the Karma Kream, the soap and I also use the bubble bar.

I have fine hair that is very prone to oiliness but this really *cleans* my hair. My hair is shiny and bouncy and smells amazing after I use it.

I was worried about the level of SLS and the effect it might have on my hair but I rub it onto the roots, lather and allow the suds to run down the lengths of my hair so that the shampoo isn't being rubbed directly onto the ends of my hair, which are prone to dryness.

Definitely my new favourite shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Before I start, I think I will share with you the condition of my hair. I have to admit I have put it through hell before now, by colouring and chemical straightening. It permanently wrecked my hair and I have never seen it this weak in my life. But I put a lot of time into taking care of it, and after this, it was about to change.

This is my first LUSH shampoo bar, I read some glowing reviews about this before I made up my mind to purchase one at my local LUSH. It was weird, because before this, I have never set foot in a LUSH store. You know some people have made fun of washing hair with soap at some stage of your life, well, this is one of those instances when you pause and go... wait, really? But I promise you, you won't regret using this! It was weird using it the first time, you rub it in circles on your wet hair, and it lathers up quite well. I then use a shampoo hair brush to massage my scalp for a bit, then wash it out, and shampoo a second time, massage scalp with the shampoo brush again, and then rinse it out. It has no silicone, so it feels a bit drying if you are used to that slippery feeling after you wash out the bubbles with your ordinary shampoo. If you follow up with good conditioner (preferably no silicone too), you will feel the difference right away. My hair was used to cone-free shampoos, so it was no surprise to me that my hair was so clean it practically squeaks after you wash it out. I was never a shampoo and go sorta girl for obvious reasons stated above, so at first I follow it up with Retread, and I was surprised at how soft my hair felt, and I had way less breakage when I applied my straightener. I also marvelled at how much less hair came out when I was done. Now I have been using it for a few weeks, I can honestly say, after using LUSH hair products, you have to pay me to go back to using drug store or salon shampoo and conditioners! You have no idea how damaging it is to have silicone in your hair. With the exception of heat protection (which is why I double-shampoo, to get rid of build up), I have minimal silicone products on my hair, and I love the feel of it! So light and bouncy and soft! It might be pricey and small when you first lay your eyes on it, but I shampoo about once every two days, and after 2 weeks, I only see a little decrease in size (my hair length is half way down my back), so it is safe to say, one will last you quite a while!

But, if you have a thing against strong smelling ANYTHING, you will probably want to stay away from this, because once you wet this bar the scent lingers around for days. Not from your hair, it's the shampoo bar. I don't really mind, because it means I don't need to spend extra for air fresheners. Bonus! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

I wanted to love this. And I do love the smell, I'm a Karma fan so I really wanted Karma hair. It lathered nicely with not much effort, which was nice. But made my hair a bit knotty and just not great.

Has not gone to waste though, I use it to soap up my legs to shave. It's actually brilliant for that!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't really like the smell of this.. smells too much like a hippy. Also it turned kind of gunky green after sitting in the shower for awhile even tough I kept in the tin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

I love the smell of this shampoo bar soooo much, its lovely. However this shampoo is pretty drying for me, so using a very rich conditioner afterwards is a must. I'll keep purchasing it based on the smell alone haha I can't stop smelling my hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by monkeybiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really fallen in love with Lush Shampoo bars - but this is my favorite.

I'd like to let you know a few things about how I use them, and what my hair is like.
I have highlighted and dyed hair that I get done at the salon every 6-8 weeks. I have stubborn grays at the root so that area needs work frequently! so, my roots are dyed, and occassionally i have my highlights drawn out a bit more. my hair can be dry. its fine, but I have a ton of it and its near the middle of my back, with some long layers.

I wash it almost every single day...I style it, with a dryer, a flat iron or curling iron...but mostly I abuse it. when I wash, i wet my hair completely, i lather some of the bar in my hand and I also stroke my hair in 4-5 places with the bar... then massage. nice lather.

I was totally worried about using the shampoo bars because everyone is freaking out that they are drying. but then I wondered...is everyone using conditioner?? I am. I have ALWAYS used conditioner after washing my hair.

I have no problems. my hair is clean, bouncy, shiny and smells good -
I have used my own conditioner, and Lush Jungle - same great results.
Most shampoos I've used have SLS in them so this doesn't bother me at all...and I don't feel like there is any fading more than the usual.

my hair feels healthier than ever and looks & smells awesome.
I'm also happy that I'm cutting down on packaging waste.

when I'm done shampooing, i let the bar dry in the lid. if i'm traveling, or in a hurry, i'll dab it dry with some TP (hey, its whats in front of me...!) and then put the lid on it.

for reference, I have been a Bumble and Bumble & Kerastase user. I still use a Kerastase leave in to detangle. I've never been a shampoo and go girl...so maybe people are expecting too much?? its shampoo in solid form, its not magic, but close. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this as much as most everyone else, but the patchouli smell was just way too much! Even my niece, who loves LUSH stuff made a face at the scent. And it's very small for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AlexisCarlin

I Love the Karma scent so i just had to purchese this shampoo puck! also for the fact that is is great or travel since it's solid, i bring it when i go on trips and to my lake (there is nothing better than washing my hair in the lake with karma) such an earthy scent! this solid shampoo really cleans my hair really well that i need a little extra conditioner for it, i have never heard of a solid shampoo before i got into lush so i thought it was cool to try and it works!!!! it lathers really well and the shampoo lasts a really long time if you like Karma this will defiantly not disappoint the scent lingers in you're hair for a day after you wash it (as long as you don't use a different scented conditioner) unfortunately there is no such thing as karma conditioner yet but maybe one day.....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a horrible shampoo! After a couple of uses of different shampoo's from Lush, I have come to the conclusion that these shampoo's are horrible for your hair. I have tried Big, New! shampoo bar, and finally my last straw, Karma Komba shampoo bar. This made my hair feel like rubber, and I noticed more hair fall with this shampoo. The smell it left behind in my hair smells NOTHING like the actual shampoo bar. It made my hair smell like an old man. I'm still trying to get the nasty smell out of my hair. Not only is the smell atrocious, but when my hair dried it left it lank, stringy, and lifeless. Basically, it sucked the life out of my hair. Might as well wash your hair with dish detergent. My conclusion with Lush shampoo's is they put WAY too much SLS without water (which you see a lot of shampoo's have as the first ingredient) to dilute the content of the chemical. Overall this is horrible for your hair, do not buy this if you want your hair to be healthy

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with Soak n Float and so far love both of them.

Karma Komba has a really fresh, herbal scent and lathers to a ridiculous extent. Four to Five swipes directly on my hair produces loads of bubbles and gets my hair really clean and soft. I've been using this for several days without using a conditioner afterward and my hair's still soft and shiny. Please note that I have virgin hair (never been chemically treated or colored), wavy, fine, and very dense (lots of hair on my head -- when I go to salons for a haircut, they usually have 2 people with hairdryers working on my hair otherwise it takes too long to dry). I also have a very sensitive scalp that gets irritated and flaky with most commercial and natural shampoos, but this hasn't caused any irritation and actually managed to ease a psoriasis flare-up after I used a natural shampoo which didn't agree with my scalp. Another plus point about Lush solid shampoos is that they don't cause those pimple-like breakouts along my hairline which some shampoos do (e.g. Pantene, Dove, Herbal Essences) which I believe is because they don't contain silicone.
Very happy with the Lush solid shampoos I've tried so far. Just wish they were less expensive...
I keep my solid shampoos in a soapdish that has a drain at the bottom part (i.e. ventilation slits) so they don't melt or get mushy without me having to wait for the bar to dry before covering it. I also cut the pucks in half and store the other half in a cool dry place and this makes it last longer than having the entire thing in the shower.