LUSH Karma Komba

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Perfume, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Pine Oil (Pinus), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogan flexuosus), Elemi Oil (Canarium commune), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, Roman Chamomile Flower (Anthemis nobilis).

on 6/18/2015 12:31:00 AM

I used this product for about 4 months. Initially the scent was strong, which I liked, however this faded over time until I could hardly smell it anymore. For the first month or so it was great, but I began to find it to be quite drying - at the end of four months I really felt I had to stop because the bottom half of my hair was becoming like straw. Perhaps this is because I was combining it with the jungle conditioner bar, but I would not repurchase.

on 2/15/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is surprisingly good, but Lush is very hit or miss with most of the hair products being a miss. I didnt expect to like it but it it lathers up nicely so a little goes a long way. It cleans thoroughly, doesn't strip colour, and smells amazing. So easy. I strongly suggest getting a container for it, as I left my first bar unprotected in the shower and it disintegrated really quickly. I just use it like a soap and create anther which I pop on my hair and massage, but you could also just roll it around your hair or even break some off. I find the lather first application more economical so it lasts longer. This is my shampoo of choice for travel, and it helps that it's solid and in a good container, spill proof and compact. Even if you are like me and have become disillusioned with Lush haircare, try Karma Kormba asap.

on 12/22/2014 2:25:00 AM

Possibly the best shampoo I have ever used, I was a bit skeptical about it when I first used it because it was solid and I had no idea how to apply it, but once I got the hang of it this was great, my scalp gets quite congested with dandruff and buildup and this cleaned it well without drying out my hair. It gave my air this light, airy feeling and made it look so shiny. It's really calming as well and I personally love the smell. The only things I didn't like were how they put the flower on top and how it was packaged, after the first use I had to scrape it out of the tin with my fingernails because it got all soggy and it stuck to the tin. Maybe they could have a push-up thing where you twist the bottom of a container like a lipstick kind of thing and then you just rub it on your hair like that. Overall a very lovely product and I will probably buy it again when I finish my current shampoo.

on 11/18/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I adore this solid shampoo from Lush. The Karma scent is my favourite and I have the Karma Kream, the soap and I also use the bubble bar.

I have fine hair that is very prone to oiliness but this really *cleans* my hair. My hair is shiny and bouncy and smells amazing after I use it.

I was worried about the level of SLS and the effect it might have on my hair but I rub it onto the roots, lather and allow the suds to run down the lengths of my hair so that the shampoo isn't being rubbed directly onto the ends of my hair, which are prone to dryness.

Definitely my new favourite shampoo.

on 10/31/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Before I start, I think I will share with you the condition of my hair. I have to admit I have put it through hell before now, by colouring and chemical straightening. It permanently wrecked my hair and I have never seen it this weak in my life. But I put a lot of time into taking care of it, and after this, it was about to change.

This is my first LUSH shampoo bar, I read some glowing reviews about this before I made up my mind to purchase one at my local LUSH. It was weird, because before this, I have never set foot in a LUSH store. You know some people have made fun of washing hair with soap at some stage of your life, well, this is one of those instances when you pause and go... wait, really? But I promise you, you won't regret using this! It was weird using it the first time, you rub it in circles on your wet hair, and it lathers up quite well. I then use a shampoo hair brush to massage my scalp for a bit, then wash it out, and shampoo a second time, massage scalp with the shampoo brush again, and then rinse it out. It has no silicone, so it feels a bit drying if you are used to that slippery feeling after you wash out the bubbles with your ordinary shampoo. If you follow up with good conditioner (preferably no silicone too), you will feel the difference right away. My hair was used to cone-free shampoos, so it was no surprise to me that my hair was so clean it practically squeaks after you wash it out. I was never a shampoo and go sorta girl for obvious reasons stated above, so at first I follow it up with Retread, and I was surprised at how soft my hair felt, and I had way less breakage when I applied my straightener. I also marvelled at how much less hair came out when I was done. Now I have been using it for a few weeks, I can honestly say, after using LUSH hair products, you have to pay me to go back to using drug store or salon shampoo and conditioners! You have no idea how damaging it is to have silicone in your hair. With the exception of heat protection (which is why I double-shampoo, to get rid of build up), I have minimal silicone products on my hair, and I love the feel of it! So light and bouncy and soft! It might be pricey and small when you first lay your eyes on it, but I shampoo about once every two days, and after 2 weeks, I only see a little decrease in size (my hair length is half way down my back), so it is safe to say, one will last you quite a while!

But, if you have a thing against strong smelling ANYTHING, you will probably want to stay away from this, because once you wet this bar the scent lingers around for days. Not from your hair, it's the shampoo bar. I don't really mind, because it means I don't need to spend extra for air fresheners. Bonus! =D

on 10/24/2014 5:00:00 AM

I wanted to love this. And I do love the smell, I'm a Karma fan so I really wanted Karma hair. It lathered nicely with not much effort, which was nice. But made my hair a bit knotty and just not great.

Has not gone to waste though, I use it to soap up my legs to shave. It's actually brilliant for that!

on 10/20/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Don't really like the smell of this.. smells too much like a hippy. Also it turned kind of gunky green after sitting in the shower for awhile even tough I kept in the tin.

I love the smell of this shampoo bar soooo much, its lovely. However this shampoo is pretty drying for me, so using a very rich conditioner afterwards is a must. I'll keep purchasing it based on the smell alone haha I can't stop smelling my hair!!

on 1/22/2014 2:51:00 PM

I have really fallen in love with Lush Shampoo bars - but this is my favorite.

I'd like to let you know a few things about how I use them, and what my hair is like.
I have highlighted and dyed hair that I get done at the salon every 6-8 weeks. I have stubborn grays at the root so that area needs work frequently! so, my roots are dyed, and occassionally i have my highlights drawn out a bit more. my hair can be dry. its fine, but I have a ton of it and its near the middle of my back, with some long layers.

I wash it almost every single day...I style it, with a dryer, a flat iron or curling iron...but mostly I abuse it. when I wash, i wet my hair completely, i lather some of the bar in my hand and I also stroke my hair in 4-5 places with the bar... then massage. nice lather.

I was totally worried about using the shampoo bars because everyone is freaking out that they are drying. but then I wondered...is everyone using conditioner?? I am. I have ALWAYS used conditioner after washing my hair.

I have no problems. my hair is clean, bouncy, shiny and smells good -
I have used my own conditioner, and Lush Jungle - same great results.
Most shampoos I've used have SLS in them so this doesn't bother me at all...and I don't feel like there is any fading more than the usual.

my hair feels healthier than ever and looks & smells awesome.
I'm also happy that I'm cutting down on packaging waste.

when I'm done shampooing, i let the bar dry in the lid. if i'm traveling, or in a hurry, i'll dab it dry with some TP (hey, its whats in front of me...!) and then put the lid on it.

for reference, I have been a Bumble and Bumble & Kerastase user. I still use a Kerastase leave in to detangle. I've never been a shampoo and go girl...so maybe people are expecting too much?? its shampoo in solid form, its not magic, but close. :)

on 5/4/2013 10:18:00 AM

I wanted to love this as much as most everyone else, but the patchouli smell was just way too much! Even my niece, who loves LUSH stuff made a face at the scent. And it's very small for the price.