October 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Cleansers - Cle de Peau - Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG! This cleanser is amazing. I have oily/ combination sensitive skin that is prone to acne and allergy, and tends to turn red whenever I wash it with a cleanser. With Cle de Peau's cleansing foam, this never happened! My face was fair, clear, calm and smooth afterwards. Definitely a HG product. I have been using Clarins all along, but I am switching to CDP for now. By the way, I did not get the filmy feeling, as some of the reviews mentioned, and I find the fragrance so-so. But the effect on the skin ... thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

My HG cleanser! I have combination/oily, clog-prone, and easily dehydrated skin. I've tried numerous foaming cleansers by Shiseido, Chanel, Lancome, but they all were too stripping for my skin. I've had luck with CeraVe Foaming Wash, but I admit that I prefer a cleanser that has that luxurious, foaming texture that you typically find with higher-end Japanese brands. Cle de Peau lathers up very nicely, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed, silky, and not the least bit dried out. It does leave a bit of a film on the skin as you are rinsing, but once my skin is dry, you can't feel it anymore. Just smooth and supple skin. Yes it is pricey but I haven't found a comparable cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG accidentally bought this instead of the cleansing cream, WORST face wash ever!!! You know that bar soap that leaves your skin feeling like it has a waxy film on it? That's this, except SUPER expensive! Save the money and buy the cheapest crappiest bar soap and wipe that on your face, EWW!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hmmm im in big trouble. i knew i shouldnt have bought this cleanser lest i become addicted to it. now i don't want to use anything else!!

thankfully, only a tiny amount (about a pea size) is required to produce the most luxurious lather ive ever experienced in a face cleanser. i used to have acne, but since i was on accutane about 2 yrs ago, my skin has become very very dry. i find that most dry skin cleansers leave a film over my face, so it doesnt feel entirely clean. CDP's cleanser leaves my skin squeaky clean!! with no tightness at all! it's also got a nice pleasant scent. it's pretty much everything i've ever wanted in a cleanser, except the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So expensive but I love it. It smells so good and clean. Only good for summer. Too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample at Neiman's. I was using Ole Hendrickson aloe vera at the time. My skin was really bothering me and I couldn't figure out why - thought it was the Clarisonic....not sure what it was. I bought a very expensive moisturizer there to try to ease it, and they threw the sample in. So, the next day, I use wayyyyy too much of it I guess because I have to use a lot of the Ole H to get a good cleanse going....anyway, what surprised me was how easy it washed off and left me feeling squeaky clean. No trace of makeup at all! Since then, I use a tiny bit all over my damp face, Clarisonic it, then rinse like in two splashes and my face is residue free. With the Ole, and most of my others, I would have to rinse 100 times and get soaked, or wash in the shower. This is a pleasure! This is why I love it so much, besides the scent and the feel. I will be buying it. One of the first times a sample paid off! Gave my teenage son the Ole with his own Clarisonic and he loves it....I think that's the target crowd, not my age group. And by the way, even if I use this, my Renova later, and in the morning, rinse and just sunscreen, my skin does not bother me at all, I can actually skip moisturizer (I don't like to, just sayin'...). This means it was the cleanser all along. Never underestimate the power of a good cleanser is what I learned today!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Gurlinthacurl

I think I may have found a new cleanser. I have used Purity by Philosophy for a few years now. A sample of this product was given to me by a friend and I cannot say enough great things about it! My skin feels incredible after using this product and it gets rid of all leftover traces of makeup, to include eye makeup. (Other products usually leave traces of mascara and create the dreaded "raccoon eye" look for me.) This cleanser has a nice, creamy texture, foams up wonderfully and has a light, pleasant smell. A small amount goes a very long way, too. The only downfall is the price point, but definitely worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Ok so I really did not want to like this product because its expensive for a cleanser. However, as soon as I used it on my face i was in heaven. The smell is just unbelievably fabulous. I wish they could make all their products smell like this or at lease have a perfume that smells like this. I want to wash my face just so I can smell this. It makes my cleansing routine something to look forward to rather than it being a chore. My face literally glows and is instantly brightened upon cleansing and its comfortable (not tight as most foaming cleansers tend to do). And what surprised me the most was that a VERY TINY amount (like a size of a green pea) is required to cleanse/foam your face. So I guess this will last me a long time considering a very tiny amount is needed to cleanse and I only use this at night time because that's when I need a thorough cleansing. My ultimate HG night time cleanser officially!!! In the morning I use any other cleanser which are milder such as my Clarins Shea Butter (super quality too) or Sisley Clenasing Milk with Lily (another super quality product but very pricy and more for the winter months).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kdub313

I have combination skin (dry cheeks, oily t-zone). I received a sample of this at Neiman Marcus and purchased a regular tube as soon as it ran out. My face has never felt smoother or looked better! No doubt the Cle de Peau line if expensive, but I believe you get what you pay for and the tube should last months. I do see the water bead up on my face when I'm done cleansing, which may leave the impression that there's a film, but the results speak for themselves. If there's a film on my face... I'll take it : ) I'll continue to use as long as I can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by cashmerelover

I love the feel of this wash, it is so creamy and soft. A little goes a long way. One tube of it, with daily use, has lasted about 4 months. I use it in the shower in the mornings. it leaves my face very clean. It is a bit more drying than my previous wash made by ROC Enydrial, but that one was discontinued, so I am now impressed with this. I did find however that the Shiseido cleansers are of similar feel and quality and are quite a lot cheaper!