December 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

i swotched this at mac store, and it looked like a warm plumy broze colour, i fell in love with colour, this is great as a eyelid colour, paired with sketch, and warm to light browns. i would repurchase as i loved the warmth of this shadow. the price should be lowered for ones in the pan, and singles.. [ mac packaging ].... however the colour i just fell in love with, just like when i saw antiqued and mulch. i find this colour unique also. looks so nice, for neutral smoky eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful red undertoned brown (on me anyway) as with most mac eyeshadows blends like a dream and lasts all day with no loss of intensity. As for packaging I have this in a pro palette so mine came as a small refill but I've always loved mac's packaging. Again as mine is a refill the price was $26 which is steep for an eyeshadow but the quality and the longevity of this product makes it worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think Sable was one of my first Mac purchases -- based on a friend's recommendation. But back then, I don't think I knew what to do with it because I don't remember loving it at first. But now that I've revisited this beautiful shadow -- I want to review it.

I have blue eyes and fair/neutral skin tone. This comes off a tiny bit reddish on me but it is absolutely stunning. It's brown/bronze/red/shimmer -- but not too much of either. My favorite way to wear this is apply it on my eyelid with my finger, then blend out with a blending brush into the crease. I run it along my lower lash line, blend out any harsh lines with a transitional shade. THEN -- to top it all off -- I lightly pat Stila Kitten on the center and inner part of my lid. For some reason, this softens the brown and really makes for a beautifully, soft, daytime look. Glad that I rediscovered this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. Beautiful texture, color, tone, wear and everything else. Couldn't be happier! This has a gorgeous shimmer/glow and makes my brown eyes pop.

Had so so many compliments with wearing this with MAC naked lunch on lower lid and MAC shroom as a highlighter. Sable is what I wanted MAC taupe to be, unfortunately taupe made me look like I'd been punched! So if taupe is also horrid with your skin tone, give sable a go.

True HG for me and I've purchased it at least 4 times, which is saying something given the
pigment and how long one of them lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Lets start off by saying beautiful blend able color. So great for brown eyes. It gives a pop of color with a nice sheen. I love pairing this with soft brown on the lids blan type on brow bone Nd rule crease and out rev with sable. GORGEOUS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Gosh I love this colour! It's interesting and beautiful. Looks great on and blends well. Lovely texture and pigment.
I love mixing this with MAC's 'Antiqued' - another beautiful colour.
My friend and I both have this colour and whenever I see her wear it I love it!
It does last well without a primer however I'm in the habit of wearing one all the time as it does make it look that much better and last longer without any creases.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Sometimes you just have to concede that the most popular, beloved shades just don't flatter you. Personally this is true for 'Sable' and 'Satin Taupe' - very highly regarded eyeshadows but on me, 'blah'. Anyway, Sable is a bronze-plum with gold undertones. The pigmentation is good and it applies smoothly, but on me it turns to a very, very brown-red. Makes me look super tired and very unflattering for my eye colour. Will never repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC shadows and have been too lazy to review them....I love this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl808

I went to a MAC event and I asked the lady to do a smokey eye for me. She used Sable, Smut, and Corduroy. I fell in love with Sable and so I bought it. When I brought it home, my mom tried it on and also fell in love with this color. I would definitely buy this color again! I love the shimmer and how it's not too strong of a color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: I LOVE SABLE! Why the change of heart you ask? For two reasons... 1. I got a tan. 2. I scraped the top layer of the eyeshadow off and underneath the texture was much better. When I was at my palest (NC15) this eyeshadow did absolutely nothing for me... but I've been hanging by the pool a bit this summer and now I'm about an NC20 and it looks beautiful! My favorite way to wear it is Sable packed on the lid and into the crease blended out with a little Soft Brown and Vanilla to highlight. It's gorgeous! My best advice to anyone interested in Sable is give it a try... but very fair gals proceed with caution.

I wanted to love this... I just don't. I bought a pan of Sable, then gave it away... and bought it for the second time because I thought maybe I had a dud. Both had so-so pigmentation and I don't the texture. It's dry and although it is a frost there isn't much detectable shimmer when packed on the lid. It just looks like this drab boring reddish smear on my eye. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC eyeshadows... Of the 80 or so that I own this is one of my least used. Come to think of it, everytime I try to use Sable I end up just wiping it off and starting over. I think it may look better on darker skin. I am NC15 for reference...