September 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Blush - Chanel - Irreelle Blush in Be-Bop

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Be-Bop was my very first HG blush shade (and it still remains one!). It takes work for most blush shades to look natural on my porcelain complexion (NW5-10, NARS Siberia), but this medium-toned, slightly cool pink really worked for me. I had been at the Chanel counter for foundation (no match) when the SA reached for Be-Bop to dust over my cheeks -- and I instantly fell in love. It left the most glowing, natural looking pink flush I had ever seen -- it instantly perked up my complexion and made it look alive and healthy. I like that it is pretty tightly bound, too -- the color payoff is low, and you have to work to get the brush to pick up product -- which might be annoying for some, but it is perfect for me because there is less risk of over-application.

I was so disappointed when Chanel discontinued the Irréelle series, but thanks to MUA and Ebay, I have been able to find backups. If you can get your hands on this, I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush was such a disappointment.The color is very pretty (light to medium neutral pink with just a little shimmer) but the color payoff is really low. After a few months it got dry and then it was almost impossible to get some color out of it. You have to scratch the surface in order to get more color, but that's not something you expect from such an expensive blush.
I will be very careful when buying Chanel makeup from now on, because clearly not all the products from this brand are worth the price. Seriously, this blush is as non-pigmented as a cheap Maybelline blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I got this in a swap, and have reached for it daily. That is unheard of for me. It's a pretty pinky rose that leans on cool with a lot of sheen to it. The issue is that I need to take a stiff eyebrow brush to the top of it to rough up the product prior to putting the blush on. It's a "pack it on" type of blush for me since it's pretty light, so I need to do that to get enough product. The surface is very hard and doesn't come up on the brush easily. I do like the way the blush pan is a rectangle - the Joues Contrasts are a small circle and I prefer the larger rectangle. If you have the chance to acquire this and you have light (NW20 or lighter) skin, go for it, just keep a brow brush handy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

The color is very nice, packaging is gorgeous, but after a while it became so hard it's impossible to pick up any color with regular brush. I have to use the little one that came with it and that of course doesnt distribute the color evenly or in the right places.
I'll give it two lippies for packaging and color because nothing else is good about this blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Danielleloveslucy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! If moisture from your blush brush touches the blush it won't highlight to its full potential. Take a clean mascara wand and rough up the surface, and it will be better. Very pretty all around.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

I love all Chanel cosmetics and this blush not so much. I got sucked into buying it because of its sheer to modest application. It's a buildable blush which turns out very red on fair cheeks. It does look very pretty, but I should have swatched it on my cheeks prior to purchasing it, but it's okay, this color looks better on skin that is medium skintone. Of course for Chanel, there is a little scent that does come with the blush. The packaging always is A+++, it comes in a mini compact with a blush applicator and it is good to take with you on the go. The blush does last very long since it is a sheer blush, or probably because I haven't used it too much since it turns red. Other than that, that's all the reservations I have about this blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a blusher addict and this is one of the lighter, sheerer colour in my collection. The blusher shows up a light frosty pink (on the blue side) and for reference I am NW25. 3 Lippies only cos the Cons far out weight the Pros:

Pros: It has a wide mirror, space to put a blusher brush in thus convenient to do touch ups with.

Nice packaging, very classy and prestigious.

Cons: Playoff is minimal, lots needed before the colour shows up.

The attached brush is too stiff and hard, does not pick up colour but instead turns them into dust.

A hard layer may form over the blusher but it can be corrected by not using the original brush with this blusher.

The lasting power is average only, I use this for touch ups when I am out and should my NARS blusher fades a bit, the light colour adds on well and not too overdone. I guess this is the only time I thank a blusher for not been pigmented.

Price point is high and for that price you expect the product to work VERY WELL!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is very beautiful, the case is very sophisticated BUT the brush is not soft enough, does not do a good job distributing the blush evenly and it irritates my skin. The price and the brush are two cons of this product. However, if you have pimples on your face or pimple scars,you might want to wait until they go away before you use it. For a while I had really bad acne prone skin because of my diet and during that time any blush that's shimmery(like this one) made my face look dirty. However, when I have good skin, this blush works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just beautiful. Gives a very natural color with a subtle hint of shimmer. It's expensive, but I love the little compact with the double C...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by machrina

One of the best pink shimmery blushes I have ever purchased. I use my bobbi brown brush and the result is perfect.