December 19, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lip Treatments - Avene - Cold Cream Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after seeing some really good reviews here on MUA. I've been using it constantly for a while now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

First up, I really dislike the packaging. The tube is too wide for my liking. I don't get a very precise application with it, it seems like any way I apply it I end up with it outside my lips.

The product itself is very creamy and feels good on my lips. However, it doesn't last very long. I find myself reapplying it constantly. It does leave a bit of a white cast on your lips, but it wasn't anything that really bothered me. It also has a bit of a pearl-essence to it, but it is nothing too noticeable.

The last thing I disliked about this lip balm is the price. I think I paid just over $10 for it from Amazon. If it was a miracle product I wouldn't mind the price. However, since it really didn't impress me, I can't justify paying that much for a lip balm again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by TiniLen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep repurchasing this product again and again for years, because it is my favorite lip care product! I used to have terrible chapped lips and I was trying various brands' lip balms and butters to find the perfect one. I really tried a lot so that I can compare them.

The product claims that ''it relieves dry, flaky and chapped lips, and cocoons the skin in an emollient barrier that protects against external aggressors. Also it Immediately softens lips as it heals, restores and protects.''
I coudn't explained it better. Everything is true! It does what a lip balm should do and even more. There is not a single disadvantage, at least for me.This is my HG!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am almost ready to toss this! I had initially bought this to replace my burts bee mango lipbalm..not that I dislike the burts bees one but it had a pretty strong fragrance to it. I bought the avene one thinking it would work even better and without the fragrance. After using this for about a week, I didn't notice any difference to my chapped lips. I used it often as an overnight lip treatment. It goes on kinda thick ( you can see white residue on your lips immediately after applying) and in the morning I would still be able to see the thick layer on my lips. On my first try, I thought it meant I would have smooth soft lips in the morning. However, it was just gross and peeling. I tried it day after day and it was still the same. I ended up applying it at night and scrubbing at my lips with my toothbrush to remove the layer of lipbalm along with my peeling lips. Almost tempted to buy Dior creme de rose now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on Accutane and this is really saving my life in the harsh Canadian winter. It protects and nourishes my poor tender lips and just makes them feel 100% better. There is a slight scent, but it's not much and there's no gross taste. The packaging is really solid and nice.

The only problem is that it's very thick and you can't really put it under a lipstick or anything, so I largely wear it at home or when I don't really care that my lips have a slightly white cast. Other than that it's the perfect product. It is expensive, but it's definitely worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this because moving to an actually cold climate for winter has given me angular cheilitis, and I read that lanolin is great for that. This has lanolin, but also petroleum :( Regardless, it has really helped my lips retain moisture. I think when it comes to lip balms, there are two sorts of folk- those who 'drier' lip balms like this and EOS work well on, and those who 'drier' lip balms don't work on at all.

If EOS works for you, this will probably work as well. The price is a bit steep, but it will last awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tossed mine. If I had nice lips and were just looking for some protection, it could be ok. But I want something that really moisturizes. It covers with a very thick layer, but does not last. When the layer is gone, I still have the same lips as before. No added moisture or repair. Nothing. Same dry lips needing protection. I can think of many lip balms and even lipsticks that do better. Waste of money. Oh, and bought in Germany.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jjcoolay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this, and I'm shocked that there aren't more positive reviews! I'm on accutane, and this is the ONLY thing other than Aquaphor that helps me. Bought it on a total whim - I left home without anything for my lips and soon enough my lips were dying of thirst.

The packaging sucks (the tube cracked almost immediately) and I used up half of the stick in only a week. It leaves an opaque white coat (which I think looks nice, even though I'm a guy. whatever).

Who cares though? INSTANT relief!!! My lips look and feel great for HOURS after using this product, and on accutane this is a RARITY (anyone who has taken it will know). I still stick to Aquaphor at night, just because this lip balm is so expensive. But it's portable, which Aquaphor is not. I wish I knew about this earlier on.

5/5, hands DOWN.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by megsbergman

At first i loved it, the smell is nice and my lips felt soft, but after a while i noticed that in the morning, although i applied the balm in the evening, i woke up with dry lips and during the day i applied the balm like crazy to get rid of that uncomfortable feeling, still it didn't help!!! I love Avene products, but this one is doing more harm than good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I don't understand this... Some avene products are my HG but this... So weird... It's just a white nothing. Even dries the lips out.

Not moisturing. Nothing at all. I have other lip balms on my table (I use 2 - 1 for night, the other for day) so I had to try the other to confirm that the sensation again.

Once again, what is this nonsense!?!?

I am throwing this out. Yucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by laragramaglia

I've tried all kinds of lip balms and I seem to be allergic to something in them. Even the most expensive brands make my lips swollen and itchy. This one doesn't, it leaves my lips soft and hydrated. I always come back to this!