October 25, 2014 | 1857 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Frankly Scarlet

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for sure my holy grail blush and will always be. The color looks amazing on all skin tones from pale to darker. It is the most pigmented product I have ever seen!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by tracybeautytips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush and will definately repurchase if I lost it. I don't think I will every use out since I only need a little every time I apply it. The color is very strong, special and gorgeous. The way I apply it is I usually appy on the back of my hand first, remove the most of it, then apply on the apple of my cheeks, then I feel so pretty. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

the red colour in pan attracted me to this baby. it is a hot pinkish red that gives the most gorgeous flush when applied lightly. in cold weather this is ideal i would say but i would still wear it year round. it is pigmented for a mac blush - not as pigmented as illamasqua or nars, but still quite good. i find that bright, pigmented, scary in the pan blushes give me the most natural look. the only other red i have is Exhibit A and the two give different effects - with EA having an orange slant and Frankly Scarlet having a pink slant. All in all I love it, and is especially great for holiday rosy cheeks :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on a bright blush kick and now that my hormonal/rosacea acne is under control, I can experiment with blushes again, especially the deeper colours.
I was on the hunt for a red blush that would give me that 'just came in from the cold' look without making me look like a clown.
I tried MUFE's no. 99 Scarlet eyeshadow which is a deep red and can be used as a blush.
I found it a little too much for my complexion (Asian, NC30/C3) and the texture felt a bit chalky.
So I decided to go to my local MAC Pro store and tried out Frankly Scarlet. The MA said to use just a tiny bit on the brush (definitely, as a wee bit goes a long way) and to tap on the blush. This blush gave me the look I was looking for; that nice flush after being out in the cold. I like to use a stippling brush (I use RT's stippling brush) and dab the brush once in the compact and lightly tap my cheeks. Then I buff it with a kabuki brush if necessary.

I like Frankly Scarlet because it's still a vibrant red but not overpowering like the MUFE No. 99 Scarlet and I prefer the texture too. It goes on smoother, at least for me.

I like to pair Frankly Scarlet with a soft eye look and red lips for that glamourous look.
If you're not intimidated by strong blush colours and want that 'flushed' look, check out the Frankly Scarlet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

I believe I have found 'The One'! This blush is so amazing and couldn't be more perfect for my skin tone and hair color (dark brown/red tint). It brightens my face up and looks somewhat natural but better. I strongly recommend this! Its very pigmented but I haven't had the issue of it being overly pigmented and giving the clown effect. I can use a stippling brush or my angled blush brush and use it lightly. Gorgeous! Its a red rose colored blush and has great lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! What everyone is saying is true! This blush would look great on anyone PROVIDED THEY USE A LIGHT HAND! I used this with the MAC 116 and um... no. Looked clownish on my NW45 complexion. But with the 187 it applied beautifully. I recently went to see Baggage Claim in theaters. Paula Patton's blush throughout the movie was absolutely gorgeous! I had already purchased this in Vegas on vacation but I loved her sheer application so I dusted off my 187 brush and got to work. Lovely! I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

looks lovely on my super pale skin, like I was just running in the snow.
You only need the tinniest amount of product or you will look like a clown.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Frankly Scarlet and WOW it is BRIGHT!!! I would say in my opinion it is probably meant for darker skin tones but I bought it because I am attracted to things bright and fun so this color was interesting to me! I use it with a very light hand and it works great! Just be careful because it is so bright that if you put too much on you will end up looking like a clown lol:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a lovely blush. I tried to make it work for me, and the only way I was able to apply it to where it blended well into my really pale skin was to dip my brush once into the blush, and tap my brush onto a white towel until I saw the pigmentation was low, then i tapped my face once, and then blended it in with another brush. Talk about high maintenance! It looked great, but just like a simple pink blush on. I can get that with less work from other blushes. Sadly, this is not my "winter flush" blush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush may look frightening in the pan, but if you know how to apply it, it is beautiful. It is a very intense bright red with a slight pink color to it. I find that if I am using a lot of bronzer this blush pairs nicely with it and makes it look like I was just out in the sun for awhile (but not sun burnt) Try using a 187 or 188 and a light hand if you are getting to much blush on your cheeks when applying. If you do get a tad much just buff in some powder to tone it down.