April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - WetSlicks Lip Gloss - ShimmerShell

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by liltartmuffin

I really like the lipgloss. It smells good too which is a plus. I do not like the applicator i wish it had a brush instead of a tip like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I wear lip gloss, this is my go-to. The formula is great: not at all sticky or gooey with a generous amount of shine without looking plastic-like. This color is a very pretty, very sheer, slightly shimmery (but doesn't conjure thoughts of the 80's frost) pale nude pink and is very flattering. Can wear over lipstick or alone, builds fine. Doesn't last long - that's part of the "slick" - but it doesn't matter, because it tastes slightly sweet so you won't mind reapplying. I have bought this at least four times because I have run out of it, and running out of a lip product is a pretty rare thing, so that says something for it. I prefer this to MAC, Sephora brand, Clinique, and pretty much all other brands of lip glosses I've tried. Cheap, works well, tastes good, looks great, what else can you ask for from a lip gloss?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am baffled by the positive reviews for the wetslicks. I have this color -shimmershell - and it wears, on me anyway, like shimmery version of my natural lip color. But that is the only ok thing. This is a sticky formula that tastes and feels like vanilla-vaseline. If this doesn't bother you - the wetslicks are a great bargain. It bothers me though and I regret the 5 dollars I spent on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'll keep this short.
When I first found these WetSlicks glosses, I fell in love with them. ShimmerShell was my second favourite colour. Then I realized that all the ones I've owned separate (oily layer, pigment layer) after a couple of months... If they didn't do this, I would be a loyal customer. But I cannot simply throw my money away by using only one third of the product.
To get all the details, click above to see my reviews and read the WetSlicks AmazeMint story. Sorry Cover Girl, but these are a fail :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

EDIT: I gave this lipgloss a decent review at first, but can I just say that I absolutely LOVE it now? Amazing lipgloss this is. It is not sticky, smells amazing, looks amazing (it really does give a "wet" look), and a wonderful selection of colors. It has a nice consistency- a little on the wet side but that's what makes it work. ShimmerShell shows up very lightly on my lips, as more of a coat of shimmer. It is a great nude lipcolor. It stays on okay for a while and resists drying up for a while, too. It was also super cheap, so that's what made it great! Amazing lipgloss for an amazing price. LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far, I've liked every Cover Girl "Wetslicks" lip gloss that I have tried. I prefer the "Amazemint" version of the "Wetslicks" line because of the minty scent and taste. However, the regular "Wetslicks" are still lovely. "ShimmerShell" is a pretty, baby-pink mixed with a peachy shade. I would classify it as a sparkly "nude". It wears very sheer, so if you're actually trying to go for a full-on "nude" lip, you'll need to pair this with a "nude" lipstick. I don't find full-on "nude" lips suit me, so I actually like the sheer tint of this lip gloss. It just tones down my naturally red lips when I don't want them to stand out as much, but allows enough colour to show through that it doesn't leave me looking like a washed-out zombie.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by whitray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best lipgloss I've ever purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by berniegwen

this gives a nice shine on my pigmented lips so i love it. at least the one i bought, the brush wasn't soft enough so i'm hoping its not the same for all their lipgloss brushes, hopefully this one was just a fluke cause i would def. buy this shade again. this is not sticky and doesn't smell funky. other shades i've tried: crush (too glittery), peaches n gleam (ok, will prob buy again)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this when i got hairdye.

Its an okay gloss, Makes my lips look nice and isn't sticky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this item as a GWP included with a box of hair dye (Natural Instincts). Like others have mentioned it is a soft nude colour, not overly pigmented, and I like that it's not sticky. Personally I prefer slightly darker lip glosses. My lips are quite pale to begin with and this gloss makes me look kind of dead and more pale then usual.