April 19, 2014 | 1072 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

I have this in light matte, and its great for giving a natural tan (not to be used as a contour) Not very pigmented but I like this as you can build it up to look natural. The packaging is average looking but what i like is that it need a firm pushing to close so its not going to be opening in your bag. My only downside to this is its staying power. What I like to do to help it stay in place is after I apply foundation use it before it dries so the bronzer has something to stick to. I use it on the high points of my face ( where you would tan) and then set the rest of my face with regular pressed powder before using a setting spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I kind of freaked when I first got this it was very shimmery and bricky (I got the shade 01 sunlight) but I was amazed how great this looks on my super pale skin. You can easily fix the shimmer issue by dusting off the golden overspray (it's only on the surface) with a large fluffy brush and voila you have an almost matte (but with a nice sheen) bronzer. Not orange and not red or dark brown - doesnt make my face look dirty which is a first for a bronzer. Definitely workable with a light hand. Unfortunately this has made me break out in hives so off to a new home it goes. May be a great bronzer for those who are not allergic to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only ever owned this product so i have nothing to compare it to-but dont have any complaints about it either
I have it in the colour 'medium shimmer' although it really isnt very shimmery at all but i dont mind that. Use it to contour pretty much everyday and it does a really good job
Can't complain when it only costs a few pounds and lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reliable bargain

For the price of this product you really can't complain. Good colour, natural one too. Lasts well, I don't use religiously but it's good to have knocking around, and again for about £5 why wouldn't you! Sometimes doesn't blend so well over the eye sockets but that's the only con.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I am so pale that I HAVE to wear a bronzer, no exceptions and I have tried a bunch (shudders at the memories of looking like a clown). This is my latest one and I've been using it for about 3 months. It doesn't look muddy or orange or shimmery, but I still don't feel like it's the best it can do either. I would buy again if there was nothing else that looked good to try, but otherwise the search continues. :(
Oh I forgot to mention I bought the 022 sun bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice bronzer. Quite pigmented. I have the Sun Goddess one (lighter, 3 shades) and two of them are very shimmery, great for highlighting.

Contains parabens, linked to breast cancer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm really pleased with this. No problems what so ever, I personally buy it in the 'light' shade, because it's completley build able, which means I can have a few layers on my cheek bones (I use this instead of blusher as i find this is a more natural finish), then I use a few less layers across my chin and fore head. I'm really pleased with this, and I'm now on my second pot of it, pot? Is it a pot? Haha!
10/10 (:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarah6587

Great Bronzer!!! Gives a nice glow without looking too cakey. A little on each cheekbone gives a great sunkissed look especially during summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was one of my first bronzers. I got this on sale and it had tons of product at 17 grams! CRAZY.
I purchased 03 Sun Queen. It is your typical warm bronze-orange colour laced with a fine layer of gold shimmer. Throughout the product there are fine shimmers.
I use this to warm up my skin tone from the harsh winters in Canada. It is pigmented and the powder is relatively soft and smooth. It is not chalky.
I always grab this one from my drawer and I apply heavily on my face! There is so much product that I don't mind giving it a couple of swirls with my brush. I would not repurchase this, because I want to find something a little more cool toned.
Great value but nothing outstanding!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer so much! I have used it for a few years now! I own both light and medium colours in Matte, and also the light Shimmer version for nights out. It always give me the perfect colour, not orange at all. Just a lovely bronze sunkissed glow, and blends perfectly! I have spent so much money on high end bronzers (Hoola, Guerlain, Lancome, Nars, Mac etc) and yet Rimmel bronzers are the best in my view.