December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Gloss in Smashing Blaze

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jillwiersma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected this to be warmer since it looks entirely different in the tube than it does when applied. It goes on as a sheer bright reddish pink... it is sitting on my desk now and looks quite in place among my pink, purple and red neon highlighters.
All that said, it's a lovely gloss when I want to wear a gloss that leans toward a violety-pinkish red. Hope that's a helpful description.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this lipgloss..I ordered it online and thought the color was pretty on my computer monitor, and even prettier in person! I enjoy wearing with a lipliner for more intensity or by iteself for a light summer-y gloss. It really is quite a gorgeous color. It wears pretty well, def not sticky or goopy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mwalter2

I Have this in Fame but couldn't find it. I love the way this gloss feels. It never feels sticky and lasts pretty long for a lipgloss. I also like how much color it has. I would def recomend! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice lipgloss - as others have described, the color is a slightly glowy, pinkish red - on me it pulls more pink (think the color of Hawaiian punch) - I'm an LLL, warm undertones. The texture is nice - not sticky, rather smooth. It wears, IMO, a bit better than stickier glosses - it does not leave a residue like MAC lipglasses, but will deposit color on your lips which lasts after the gloss has worn off. If I want a light, almost no makeup look, I wear it alone and it has enough color to brighten my whole face. If I want to look more "done" I pair it with a mahogany lipliner - barely applied, it makes the color deeper and more sophisticated.

I think these glosses are pricey, but I generally like Smashbox' packaging so I won't complain too much. The range of colors is nice, and I will purchase more of their glosses in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in a mini size & like it a lot. It goes on a sheer red. I recommend it for those with cool undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LipstickChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!! Beautiful sheer red giving that perfect cherry popsicle look. Lasts long and feels great. HG material for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by thehepburn

PROS: long-lasting, beautiful shine
CONS: Wow! Talk about misleading! This looks like a bright orange red in the tube but it glides on as a very sheer pinky red. One of the few Smashbox l/g that looks good by itself on my lips but I can get the same effect with Revlon. I have not been impressed at all with the Smashbox lipglosses. There are plenty of drugstore lipglosses better than this: Revlon Super Lustrous, Rimmel, Jordana, Jane Attitubes

$15 for .15oz sponge tip wand lipgloss in a small square tube
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2004 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Stellam

This is a great product if it works for you. I think I have a lot of color to my lips and it doesn't even show up on me. Might have something to do with my skintone too, but it found a lovely home with my sister who can wear this like no body's business!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassBabe

Very pretty sheer red with blue tones. Nice for layering, not as sticky as other lipglosses from smashbox. I love this one. This shade is good for a nude lip when you need something other than a peachy or beige nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 9:38:00 PM More reviews by tatinacious

I agree with the others when they said that the red color in the tube was a little intimidating, but when I put it on my lips, it came on as a sheer, healthy pinkish shade. My friend who saw me put it on called it a "baby-doll" color, and I'm very satisfied with it! =) It doesn't dry out my lips like other lip gloss and I don't get that icky feathering part...although I also put on the Smashbox lip treatment thing before putting it on, so maybe that was what was doing the trick =) I don't know though what I can do to spruce it up for nighttime wear...any suggestions? =)