Mavala Nail color cream

4.5

on 1/22/2015 9:00:00 AM

Small bottle, small brush. Therefor less lippies.
As a polish its ok+ I guess.
Depends on what color though, some goes on very smooth and good, some dont. I guess thats a lot of fun for a gambler with a lot of time on their hands, but for the rest of us its not that charming to never know what youre gonna get.
Wide range if colors, yes. Dries kinda fast. Ends even faster.
If you have long nails, like me, one bottle is about 1 1/2 manicure, witch makes the bottle expensive since the last quarter is not possible to use due to the formula drying up inside leaving a thick... mess.
Im a proffessial Creative Nail Design designer so i know good from bad. This is somewhere in the middle. Not buying this anymore.

on 1/4/2015 3:29:00 PM

I love Mavala polishes, they are highly pigmented. Most colours you can get away with 1 coat and they last a long time (I don't wear the same colour for more than 3-4 days, so if the polish lasts that long I am happy). They have brilliant choice of colours. Also I really like that these come in small 5ml bottles, as there is more chance of me using up a bottle.

on 7/12/2012 4:07:00 PM

I love the colours by Mavala and found it hard to limit myself, I wanted to buy them all but I ended up getting:
162 Rose Shell
170 Touch of Provence
171 Blue Curacao
181 Blue Mint

Rose shell and blue mint go on extremely streaky. I like the small size as I find it hard to use up nail polish. The staying power of the polishes is good, two coats last me a week. I don't think they're as cheap as everyone else says though as you're paying 5 for 5ml compared to China Glaze, 8 for 15ml or Barry M 4 for 10ml.

Overall, I love the colours but a bit disappointed with the streakiness.

on 6/8/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Most of them are pretty good, inexpensive, fun colors, cute packaging and small amount so they you probably won't end up with a large dried out bottle.

So far I've tried
Paris (medium bright pinkish coral)
Rouge forever (deep burgundy)
Izmir, Iceberg (both sheer white)
London (vivid neutral red)
Lemon cream (medium cream yellow)
Next I want to try Violette

I don't like the brush very much though, it's very small.
Most of them were creamy, dried fast and applied evenly (except lemon cream - too streaky)
Lasting power is average to good

on 11/28/2011 7:23:00 AM

I have to say this is the best nail polish I have ever used. Have a big nail polish collection and I just kept on buying more to try and find something that stayed on. Finally I came across this brand.

My other nail polishes (including OPI) are off to the garbage and i'm totally hooked to this product.

It's super long wearing, the colors are really lovely and have a large variety, they are really inexpensive, especially for the quality and apply very smoothly without drying too fast or too slow.

A+

on 9/24/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought several small bottles of mavala and love them. Colors are great and come out nicely as in the bottle. I was a bitwary about the brush, but it is a decent size. Mostly, i like that i can buy several colours without feeling guilty about the nailpolish drying in the bottle and me not using it enough.

Why do not enough people know about Mavala polishes?! Absolutely cannot fault them, fantastic colours, long wearing, cheap enough to be a regular impulse purchase (5 in UK) and most of all 3 free! I have an allergy to Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin (aka Touluene), and so many companies seem to have misleading messages about it (be REALLY careful with OPI as the vast majority of their polishes contain it even though they claim to be 3 free since about 2007), but these definitely are and it's fantastic. And the smaller bottle means you don't have to pay for a colour which will go out of fashion or more polish than you will use before it starts to dry up. Can't say anything bad about them.

on 6/12/2011 2:12:00 PM

Ive been using it from not so long time but it seems really amazing for me! I used 7 different colors and I can say they have great consistency, wide range of colors. I use it with base&top coat and it lasts long, dries enough quickly. Price is reasonable and they are comparable with OPI and are in smaller botles which is better option for me.

on 3/10/2011 10:51:00 AM

I love this line of polishes. I've tried so many and these are by far the best I've ever used. The bottle is a nice small size. The colors are beautiful. I use the base coat by Mavala, then the color polish, one or two coats and the Mavala Colorfix top coat. I can't believe the staying power. Lasts at least a week with normal usage. I can even garden and not get a chip in it. I highly recommend this brand.

on 2/2/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Two of my favourite nail polishes are from Mavala. One of them is Magic - the dreamiest, peachiest shade I own...the other is Via Veneto - mauve and grey in perfect balance. I like everything about them including the miniature-like bottles.

Popular Polishes