July 24, 2014 | 955 users online

Polishes - Mavala - Nail color cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

I love the colours by Mavala and found it hard to limit myself, I wanted to buy them all but I ended up getting:
162 Rose Shell
170 Touch of Provence
171 Blue Curacao
181 Blue Mint

Rose shell and blue mint go on extremely streaky. I like the small size as I find it hard to use up nail polish. The staying power of the polishes is good, two coats last me a week. I don't think they're as cheap as everyone else says though as you're paying 5 for 5ml compared to China Glaze, 8 for 15ml or Barry M 4 for 10ml.

Overall, I love the colours but a bit disappointed with the streakiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by stls

Most of them are pretty good, inexpensive, fun colors, cute packaging and small amount so they you probably won't end up with a large dried out bottle.

So far I've tried
Paris (medium bright pinkish coral)
Rouge forever (deep burgundy)
Izmir, Iceberg (both sheer white)
London (vivid neutral red)
Lemon cream (medium cream yellow)
Next I want to try Violette

I don't like the brush very much though, it's very small.
Most of them were creamy, dried fast and applied evenly (except lemon cream - too streaky)
Lasting power is average to good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by missani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say this is the best nail polish I have ever used. Have a big nail polish collection and I just kept on buying more to try and find something that stayed on. Finally I came across this brand.

My other nail polishes (including OPI) are off to the garbage and i'm totally hooked to this product.

It's super long wearing, the colors are really lovely and have a large variety, they are really inexpensive, especially for the quality and apply very smoothly without drying too fast or too slow.

A+

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lindabelinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought several small bottles of mavala and love them. Colors are great and come out nicely as in the bottle. I was a bitwary about the brush, but it is a decent size. Mostly, i like that i can buy several colours without feeling guilty about the nailpolish drying in the bottle and me not using it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by snowflakegirl

Why do not enough people know about Mavala polishes?! Absolutely cannot fault them, fantastic colours, long wearing, cheap enough to be a regular impulse purchase (5 in UK) and most of all 3 free! I have an allergy to Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin (aka Touluene), and so many companies seem to have misleading messages about it (be REALLY careful with OPI as the vast majority of their polishes contain it even though they claim to be 3 free since about 2007), but these definitely are and it's fantastic. And the smaller bottle means you don't have to pay for a colour which will go out of fashion or more polish than you will use before it starts to dry up. Can't say anything bad about them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ive been using it from not so long time but it seems really amazing for me! I used 7 different colors and I can say they have great consistency, wide range of colors. I use it with base&top coat and it lasts long, dries enough quickly. Price is reasonable and they are comparable with OPI and are in smaller botles which is better option for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by markwrig19

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this line of polishes. I've tried so many and these are by far the best I've ever used. The bottle is a nice small size. The colors are beautiful. I use the base coat by Mavala, then the color polish, one or two coats and the Mavala Colorfix top coat. I can't believe the staying power. Lasts at least a week with normal usage. I can even garden and not get a chip in it. I highly recommend this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Two of my favourite nail polishes are from Mavala. One of them is Magic - the dreamiest, peachiest shade I own...the other is Via Veneto - mauve and grey in perfect balance. I like everything about them including the miniature-like bottles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by danai

I have quite some experience in the nail department. I was a nail biter for decades, then became a fan of claw-like nails, then biter again, and finally I got where I am today; just like to keep my nails strong and nice looking. Throughout this whole thing I found out that Mavala Switzerland, though not cheap (but not high end expensive either) are a very dependable way to go, whether you're looking for nail growth stimulator or fast drying top coat. Nail Color Cream polishes are no exception to that. Simple, no-frills, awesome quality all around.
First of all, the formula is great. It's creamy indeed and goes on buttery smooth and even, with minimal stripes (anyone find a polish that goes on completely without stripes even in the lightest shades,please let me know). The darker/richer shades go on even better and smoother than the lighter ones. Two coats will give you true to bottle, opaque, rich color. I would say it also sets quite quickly, but I also use their fast drying top coat religiously so maybe that's the one doing most of the work.
Second, the brush is one of the best I've encountered. Don't be fooled by the mini bottle, the brush is full sized and efficient. To give you an idea, one strike can cover more of my pinky nail than necessary.
Third, those are reasonably priced for the quality. About 5,20 for a bottle in my country. Yes, you don't get tons of product for the price, sure. But for the quality, I have to say once again, the price is great. Also I'm a fan of the small bottles, because I will rarely stick with a color for a long time. I want to try things all the time and that means a lot of standard sized polishes go bad or lose their consistency before I have the chance go through even half the product. So this one is exactly what I need; small enough for me to be able to finish (at least in theory, because I haven't finished a bottle of this yet) and also very travel/purse friendly.
Last but not least, you get a fine selection of shades. Not every color on the rainbow to be fair - at least not in my country but maybe they have more shades available elsewhere. However they offer any beige, pink,coral,red and purple-based shade I could ever think of, plus some pretty blues, whites and silvers.
To sum things up, I don't think I'll ever stray from these. After all, even if I was willing to pay for the high end polishes, I wouldn't want to end up with tons of large bottles collecting dust on the shelf. This is perfect for my needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by strategist

This is my absolutely favorite nail polish! It lasts all week (yes, whole 7 days my nails are perfect). It dries quickly, but still I use the quick & go from Sally Hansen to set it and make it dry faster. I have tried a lot of nail polishes, but I always come back to mavala. The bottles are small, and thus, easy to take anywhere. There is a huge variety of colours and an affordable price. What else can we want? =)