July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Liquid - Ecco Bella - Ecco Bello Flowercolor Natural Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this product for nearly a year, and I've used it intermittently since owning it (just because I like trying new products and I've found my HG recently too).
I was immediately drawn to the fact that it had a suprisingly short ingredients list, something foundations traditionally don't have and it's also completely vegan and nasties free (i.e. no parabens, sulfates etc).
I have the lightest shade (Bisque I'm pretty sure?) and it's quite yellow, I'd say it's pretty close to NC20 in Mac.
Luckily I'm quite yellow (probably around NC15, give or take) so this foundation is a pretty good match, but I generally have to mix it down with my Barry M white foundation to get it matching my neck.

Despite the thickness it blends really nicely, and I'd say it has medium coverage, which is somewhat buildable but not full coverage like EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay.
I like applying this with a round top or flat top kabuki, as I find that's the way to get the best application and coverage. I still need concealer on my worse blemishes (that's for pretty much every foundation I own though), but even without it blurs imperfections and evens out the skin tone nicely.

My gripe with this product is that the staying power isn't the best, it starts to noticeably wear away after 5 -7 hours, even with primer and setting spray.
I'm an undergraduate and I'm often in and out of class all day, and don't want to worry about touching up at all.
Having said that, this product is on the matte side and I have very dry skin, so the average staying power could be due to that. I've tried it with a variety of primers and I still haven't found any way to extend it to 6 - 7+ hours.

It was also not so cheap, I image that's a result of the fact that Ecco Bella is a small brand and I'm pretty sure this product is all organic too, so I have to say that unless I find a way to apply this to make it last longer, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jessido

This is a medium to full coverage foundation (1 fl oz) definitely not an every day foundation for me. I purchased linen thinking it would be perfect for my medium skin tone but the pink undertone made me look orange, definitely not my shade. I liked that it is SPF 15, I may have to mix it with a lighter foundation to match my tone. I went ahead and purchased juice beauty "perfecting foundation" in "organic sand" and so far I'm happy, read my review on that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella25

Like everyone else has written: I REALLY WANTED to like this product. I'm looking for a nice coverage foundation.
Ecco Bella foundation, first of all, went WHITE on my face.. and barely changed after that. I had to put so much powder on top of the foundation for it to even look a LITTLE decent. It doesn't go on well with your fingers, it doesn't go on well with a brush. The color is never right on your skin. And guess what? If you have any imperfections like blemishes or acne, they will show WAY more. It doesn't cover at all. It shows that you have more acne!!!! Then you see all the lines on your face no matter what you try to do to cover it up. Finally it doesn't stay on nice on your face, looks like you have leprosy spots almost.
HATE IT!
I even tried to mix it with a very expensive mineral foundation (80$) and it was horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jmarroq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this! It has very good coverage, which is difficult to find. I agree that is is very drying. When I first put it on, it does appear to sink right into the wrinkles, but with time it looks better. I use a heavy moisturizer (Vanicream) and a primer (Smashbox) underneath. I put a Rimmel powder over it. It hasn't irritated my skin yet, but I don't use it every day. I have found the colors to be difficult to figure out. I am fair with lots of spots/freckles and some reddish tones around nose area, so I went with second lightest color and it was like white paint! I went up one more to "light beige" and it is still a little too light for my liking, but works for now. I will be trying the next color up soon. I like that it has SPF because my moisturizer doesn't have SPF...but I don't really wear it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because my closest Whole Foods stopped carrying Dr. Hauschka cosmetics, and I was running low on foundation. I was also hoping this would be a somewhat cheaper alternative to Dr. H's Translucent Foundation. It is decent, and I'll probably use this up in the summer when the extra sun protection will be nice. I did say "no" to re-purchasing, because I really think I will stick with Dr. H from now on (and just remember to order it online BEFORE I run out!!)
I got the color "Light Beige", which is a pretty good match for me, but a little yellower than I'd like.This is a thicker, more opaque foundation (like others have said, probably due to the titanium dioxide). I didn't find it hard to apply or to blend, and I didn't find it making my lines/pores more visible. Because it is a little heavier, i didn't find it looked as natural on as I would like. It didn't dry out my skin, and it did last nicely all day.
Overall, if you are looking for a good, medium coverage natural foundation with some sunscreen, I'd say this is a solid choice. Ecco Bella is a nice company with great customer service - if you buy directly from their website they have a good return policy and also very helpful folks that will help you find the right colors.
**Edit 8/10/12** I went back to this foundation for the summer and now I LOVE it. After wearing it for several days straight, not only did my face look and feel smoother and softer with it on, but continues to feel that way after I take it off! It really does what it says when it says it is a skin treatment too. I think maybe I was using a little too much before, because I think it does look very natural now. I will definitely keep using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this foundation online. It was around $25 with the shipping. It's great that it's organic, and I really wanted to like this product, but I just don't. It's not horrible, but it's very mediocre. First of all, the color that I got was too dark for my skintone. Second, their color selection is more for neutral or cool toned undertones, so I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with warm undertones. Also, you have to do one section of your face at a time, because if you dab this all over your face, and go to blend it later, it would have already dried. The coverage is between medium and light, and leaves a slightly dewy finish. As far as the packaging, I wasn't a huge fan of the squeeze tube, but I've had worse. Overall, this product is just okay, and is more for neutral/cool toned people who don't need much coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by siennasr

I was on a search for a natural & vegan foundation. I used to use MAC foundations but wanted something without chemical or animal ingredients (& no animal testing). I first tried Zuzu Luxe's foundation and unfortunately the coverage was similar to a tinted moisturizer. Then I tried Suncoat's foundation and found it to be streaky and couldn't get a close colour match to my skin. Finally, I heard of Ecco Bella and the search ended. One word: fabulous! The coverage is excellent, the colour "natural" is perfect for NC20-NW20 (MAC) users, and it is really long lasting. Also, powder blushes look flawless over top. I bought "earthy rose" blush from Ecco Bella to use as a contour and it blends beautifully. One thing to note is that you really have to work fast with the foundation and not expect a dab to cover your whole face. Another pro is the price. For quality ingredients I was suprised that this cost a lot less that MAC foundations. The finished look with this foundation is really pretty and I feel great wearing it. I applied it on my eyelids without a primer and the eyeshadow held up great. I haven't noticed any fine lines or noticeable pores with this foundation. I definately recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by soberdriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, because it had so many things that I was looking for in a foundation: mostly organic, silicone-free, and holistic. All of the hype that I had acquired over the few days I was waiting for this to come in the mail was all in vain. The foundation did not hold up, at all. It would wash off in a matter of seconds if any sort of moisture reached it, even after using finishing powder. Applying it was no problem, however, and I did not find it difficult to blend, with or without moisturizer and/or primer. Also with or without primer, this foundation always managed to settle into every nook and cranny in my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sweetlilsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought several products from this brand all at once, excited at the prospect of using makeup that wouldn't irritate my skin as much as most makeup and that appeared "natural." However, the only thing I could stand was the lipstick. The foundation broke my skin out in a strange way. I had tiny little bumps all over my face. I am sensitive to a lot of makeup, in all fairness, but this is the worst reaction I have ever had from a foundation bar none.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, rosacea skin with fine lines and some patches of dryness that go along with rosacea. I wanted a foundation with SPF (titanium dioxide or zinc oxide) that had no illuminating qualities and that came in a decent color selection for my fair skin. Plus, I'm wanting to move toward "natural" products. Not many choices. I read the reviews posted - thank you all! - and purchased Ecco Bella. This foundation now claims to be preservative-free (and the shelf life would be three or six months?) and is titanium dioxide-based. It goes on like a sunscreen that is titanium dioxide-based: It needs to be spread quickly and worked around. A little dab will NOT work! I suspect that those users who complained about the product magnifying their pores took a bit of make-up and tried to spread it over a large area. Yes, that's what will happen. I do each cheek, forehead, nose, chin with pea-sized amounts. I'm working it through like a "mask" because I am using this for sun protection. While the Ivory Porcelan shade is light enough for me, it does have the faintest yellow cast but that's okay because I have lots of redness. The end result is serious medium coverage. HOWEVER I suggest putting a bit of moisturizer on dry patches because that titanium dioxide sticks like crazy. All of that being said, it DOES NOT sink into my lines and wears all day. For a TO product, it washes off fairly easily but I found it best to use a cleansing oil first. So the pros are: "natural" ingredients, no preservatives, decent color choice for fair skin, SPF protection 15 via titanium dioxide, medium coverage, long lasting. The cons are: requires a substantial amount of product for a smooth finish, short shelf-life, must be carefully cleansed at the end of the day. Nonetheless, I think it is a winner! Also, I'd order this directly from the company unless purchasing from a reliable vendor. In my natural products store, folks are always messing with the boxes of cosmetics and who knows how long it has been sitting there?