October 31, 2014 | 1525 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Grapeseed Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sweeterindawn

I like this for when I'm feeling greasy. It's not super harsh, but it definately goes a little deeper than, say, other cream washes. I feel very clean afterwards, which I like. Doesn't fight my acne though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by alieblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have friends who swear by this product so I decided to try it. Not impressed at ALL. I feel as though I am rubbing glue on my face. It's hard to wash off, and I don't think it did a good job of removing makeup and impurities. My skin felt filmy afterwards and coated throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by besiktas1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every once in a while I stray away from this wash, only to have to come back to it to calm down the mess I've made with something else. I caught myself looking at reviews for other cleansers again as I just used the last bit of my grapeseed fash wash today, when I noticed in the mirror how quickly a new pimple from yesterday calmed down today as soon as I did my best to squeeze out a bit more from the bottle. Two days missed and my skin was a mess. Really calms down my skin, evens out my skin tone, doesn't leave me feeling dry or tight and I have a pretty dry skin to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by mindlessgapgirl

I have been using Marcelle's foaming face wash on my sensitive, combination skin for years and never thought to try something new, since I usually react with everything. However, since I work at The Body Shop, I figured I'd give this one a shot after taking home a sample and finding my skin was extra soft the next day. The only problem I have is that i find it doesn't lather as much as I am used to so I sometimes find myself washing twice to make sure I've removed all of my makeup. I may switch to using this cleanser in the morning, and another one at night, but for until I find something better, I'll keep using this one. The nice part about this cleanser is that it doesn't have much scent, and the product isn't too greasy (like milk cleansers) or drying (like gels can be). I do wish it came in a larger size, I have the feeling that 100mls won't last a long time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This DID feel like glue on my face, slightly lathering glue. It was also very drying, even after one use, so my face was scaly and rough to the touch and tight when I smiled. Later in the day, it felt a little less dry but glue-like filmy instead. Yuck!

water, cocamidopropyl betaine, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, sodium laureth sulfate, peg-5 cocamide, coco-glucoside, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, prunus persica (peach) kernel oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, acrylates/steareth-20 methacrylate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, sodium benzoate, sodium hydroxide, glycerin, fragrance, alcohol denat, disodium edta, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, tocopherol, vitis vinifera (grape seed) extract, red 4. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by twiaanng2

Great for my combo/dry skin. Doesn't clean like anything amazing and does nothing for blackheads on my nose, but does not dry my skin out...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mitsu_875

This is what I use pretty much daily now, I love the feeling after I've washed my face with this product, moisturised and fresh.

I didn't always use this everyday, but it seemed that the days where I did use this I would get compliments on my skin!

I have combination skin, and this cleanser evens out my complexion and it seems to leave a tingling feeling. I use this in combination with the toner as well as moisuriser. The starter set has all 3 and I would highly reccommend that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Generally a forgettable product. It didn't do much for me. I tried this based on the raves of a friend who has wonderful skin, but after a few uses, I knew I would be giving her the rest of my container. I have sensitive skin that's on the oily side, and I need a cleanser that's not harsh, but that will clean effectively. I knew I wouldn't be leaving Mario Badescu permanently, but it's nice to know I have options. This isn't one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Maxa

Nah.This stuff didn't do much for my skin.IMO,it doesn't possess any cleansing qualities,so I will not be buying this particular cleanser again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Luv, Love, LOVE this cleanser. I have a friend who works at Body Shop and she gave me a few samples based on my skin type. I've got oily skin + sensitive skin + acne prone to a certain extent. Her diagnosis was more combination + sensitive so she gave me the grapeseed wash and moisturizer for me saying she uses the same stuff. She's got really great skin. OMG! after a day of using the combo my skin went from rough sandpaper to silky soft skin which is a first for me! Seriously!! and I'm soooo happy cuz I've never had my face feel this soft before. It's really, really, really soft. Plus I don't get any blackheads from this duo or acne which is pretty good. The only reason I didn't give five lippies is cuz towards the middle of the day my face gets a bit oily but apart from that I'm extatic about the condition of my skin. It's more clearer and waaaaaaaaaayyyyy softer so I don't mind the mid-day oilies.