September 18, 2014 | 1900 users online

Loose Powders - Bobbi Brown - Pale Yellow Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

It's a good powder. I like it mainly for the natural finish and the colour pale yellow, which is perfect for me now (foundation: NARS sheer glow in Ceylan). When I've been tan I used soft sand, which was perfect. Pros: colour is a perfect match, finish very natural, no sparkles or whitening effect. Cons: not great oil control, ever so slightly chalky around my nose and cheeks. Note: if your skin is not yellow-toned this colour will not suit you. It is NOT a universal colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

**This is a duplicate review to one I just posted to "Loose Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Loose Powder".**

I've been using this loose powder on & off for years. I have it in the color Pale Yellow. I am a MAC NC25, light skin- pale, warm neutral w/ slight yellowish tones in my skin. I also have some pink on my cheeks and around my nose. Pale Yellow tones down the pink and also matches other parts of my face perfectly so it's a "win win" for me. I do find that this powder tends to oxidize a tad on me and I think it's less finely milled than my other favorite powder, LM Loose Translucent, so I wouldn't say it's HG but it's an excellent product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted a good loose powder to set my foundation..This one matched my skin nicely(Medium asian skin with yellow undertones).
This is my first expensive loose powder,because it's Bobbi Browns i expected it to be good.
It goes on nice and smooth,not powdery at all..that's a big plus..

Downside is that it does not do anything...My foundation still slips of my face and after half an hour my skin is already shiny and greasy...

To bad because it's so expensive....30 euro's or more..Would not repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is for the newer skin perfecting retouching powder in yellow. I can only assume its the same stuff since its the same price and same color, but perhaps not. When I visited the counter, I was more interested in the other colors available hoping to add a little pop to my finished look, but the SA insisted I buy the yellow because I have some natural redness in my complexion. I questioned her only because once my foundation is applied, my skin is no longer red. She refused to even discuss the other colors and said yellow is the way to go. Against my own judgment, I bought it. I tried it twice and both times, my face was yellow by the end of the day. Its also pretty pricey for the small jar you get. Horrible horrible powder. I returned it and will stick with my cheap coastal scents silica powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Techers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Total waste of $$$. I tried to make this work, but no matter what I did, this looked terrible. I have some redness (rosacea) and I thought this would cover. I was wrong. It left me with a sickly yellow color.
YBF makes a pressed yellow powder that is WONDERFUL. It covered up my rosacea and when applied lightly it looks very natural. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ellejs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on and off for about 6 months now as i am trying to use it up rather than throw it away! It does not keep my oily skin shine free so it has very little mattifyng power. I think it looks too yellow for me and kind of unnatural even though it was recomended by the advisor. I hoped that buying an expensive powder would control my oil better esp in a loose powder but i think this is very overpriced as it does not do what i had hoped and cheap powders such as maybelline do better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by piratecat

Beware of the yellow in this product! I usually use Bobbi Brown Sheer Loose Powder in White which works ok (though isn't great on keeping shine away for any amount of time). I'd been getting a bit of colour in the sun and since I only use powder on my nose thought I should go down a shade, didn't want a super pale nose! I tried it on in the shop and it looked good, put it on that night and was impressed by how closely it seemed to match my skin, I couldn't even tell there was anything there. THEN I went to a party where there were photos being taken with a digital camera. In every photo my nose looked yellowy orange! Obviously different to the rest of my face, there was a line between my eyebrows and everything. Don't know if the colour reacted weirdly with the flash or what, but you can never tell I'm wearing makeup in photos with the White powder. And everyone agreed with me that you couldn't see any difference in real life, just in photos. It looked incredibly stupid, like I couldn't apply makeup at all. So if you aren't planning to be photographed it's an alright buy, but I'd recommend trying it on going home and taking a photo to check it doesn't make you look yellow!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you like yellow powder in your pores then buy it. Also, how do they expect to handle the outcome of this powder as it is impossible to close the holes. That's why there is always to much product in the lid if you move out of the horizontal position. You are forced to buy another pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lynn78

My initial concern was this powder would be too dark or too yellow for me. I am PPP, super fair with slight yellow undertones, NC15 in MAC and Shu Uemura 974. Most of the time loose powders are not pale enough for me. I have been using MAC Blot loose and pressed powders in NC15 and Light, Revlon New Complexion Loose powder in Translucent 1 and Chanel Poudre Universal Libre in Translucent. The last two powders have to be applied thinly or I'll get a shade darker. So far Mac has been serving me well but it tends to leave me with a whitish cast, or look powdery after the initial application. Note: I have combination skin, dry in some areas and oily on my T-zone

Here's Bobbi pale yellow powder to the rescue, its very finely milled, sheer and super flattering to my skin. It sets my foundation well, with good oil control. Best of all, it seems to meld into my skin, it doesn't look like I have a layer of powder on my skin. Somehow, the yellow gives me a very natural glow! I am one happy woman! Only downside is that, it is very expensive. But since a tub can last me for 6 months, I can still justify the price. Definately HG status. So if you are fair with yellow undertones, do consider this, I believe you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first foray back into the world of loose powders since my high school years. RIS so I can't really comment on the price but I would definitely repurchase for however much its going for on BBs website. I had read that it was good for toning down redness but I was wary about using such a light powder. It certainly does its job! When applied over BBs concealer system it really sets it AND brightens the eye area. It even works well over mineral makeup!