Bourjois Very Vernis (general)

4.3

on 12/15/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I used to use these before I found high end brands like Nails Inc, OPI, Creative. Good for what they are, but happier to pay an extra 5 for better quality!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good texture. Easy to glide on like opi's. But the lasting power is really bad. Have to use together with a good top coat.

Bought the mini lacquer in Lagoon Blue- oh! So tiffany blue! It's cute, brush's easy to apply and is surprised it's lasting too. It dries fats, not unlike OPI. I would try the other shades in the mini range - especially game for unusual shades since it's so affordable (S$5).

I am very impressed with this polish. I bought a transparent one about a year and a half ago and I am still using it. All of my other polishes (OPI, Orly, Rimmel, etc.) become thick and unusable after a few months and I end up wasting about a half bottle. Not with this Bourjois polish. I have seen no change in its consistency in 18 months! I'm coming to the end of the bottle and I love that I was able to use it all instead of throwing half of it away. Another great thing about this polish is how shiny and beautiful it looks on my nails. I know what you are thinking, that transparent is transparent and that there can't be too many differences between brands of transparent polish but I swear to you, this polish looks better than any other transparent polish. Finally, I love the bottle and the click mechanism that lets you know that the bottle is closed all the way. I will repurchase this shade and others without any reservation.

on 6/10/2007 7:52:00 AM

got this instead of my usual no7 as they were on sale and I got Rose d'or. the colour is a lovely subtle pink with a delicate gold shimmer. I prefer the quality of these to the No7 (although I like the colours of the latter.).
these are easy to apply, have a good gloss and last.
I will definitely keep repurchasing.in the UK they are 4.95 when not on offer (currently have a 2 voucher for borujois so might get the french white). so far I have not been disappointed with any Bourjois product.

on 6/3/2007 8:17:00 AM

Best nailpolish out there. The quality of these polishes is just amazing! The best out there. Can be expensive, but worth it. Every shade is very unique and looks really good on nails.. just like you got a professional mani done. If you don't have one of these polishes, please try one, you will understand what I am talking about. I have a couple and they are on sale here quite often (for $5) so it's not even THAT expensive. These are better then my lancome, dior and other expensive polishes!

on 2/20/2007 6:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the nailpolish a lot !
It has a thick texture that stays on long and it comes in nices colours ! It isn't the cheapest but you do very long with a bottle and the quality is worth it. Thet also have smaller versions of the bottles with very cute colours !
Will defintely repurchase.

on 12/24/2006 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recieved this as a gift, and so I do not know how much it cost. However, as it is Bourjois (same people behind Chanel don't cha know) I can assume that it was not dirt cheap. I LOVE the colour... a shiny, purpley-pink called Rose Scarlette. It came off easily the last time I used it with nail polish remover. I do have one big problem with this product though, and that is the annoying leaky brush. The brush size itself is handily big for quick nail coverage, but the polish has a tendancy to come off in huge, un-expected drops. I am afraid to say that a small design flaw will prevent me from buying again what could be an excellent product.

Popular Polishes